53 replies to this topic

#41 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:46 PM

I'm back...9:20pm..I really don't know where to start...First off..Ferg55 this has nothing to do with you..I picked the night you were off to do this.
As you can see by my posts..I arrived at Pizza Hut and went inside..when I went inside, I noticed an elderly couple to my left in a booth..I noticed across the room a booth that was full of people... the same one that they always sit in....4 to be exact. I went to the counter and stood there. 1 of the people from the booth came to the register to ask me what I needed..I told them my name..Sparks..she turned around and handed me our pizza. It was the same person that took my order from the phone and said a mgr had to approve that. Never was ? when I presented. I'm only try to figure why everybody workin..ain't workin? Get off your deadbeat @## and help your fellow P-commer Ferg succeed.. I will not spend any more money in this place. I don't really enjoy my pizza SMOKED...as Teacherman would say I'm Out. And once again...the pizza was good... Why can't the employees be the same?????? mad.gif

#42 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:12 PM

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking, they obviously have none.
Forget this place. 7 out.

#43 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:38 AM

I HAVE TO SAY PAPA HJOHNS OR dOMINO'S DO NOT USE FRESH DOUGH. THERE DOUGH IS DELIVERD AND ONLY TOSSED BY THE COOK. I know how both work very well and have been in pizza shops where they actually do make dough fresh. There is a mjor differcnce. I often get dough from both place to make my own pizza on the grill or fried pizza dought "pizza friet" for you Italians, there is no comparison when and have the time and make my own. Both places get there dough and keep it in a wilk in cooler and take it out to warm it before it can be tossed.

To say they don't run out is not so true, what both do have is a great network of stores so they can quickly get more product as needed. I don't know the inner working of Pizza Hut but it seems they have less stores in our area to do that. That would be a good issue for Ferg to work with her DM on.
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

#44 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:53 AM

Actually there are MANY more pizza huts than Domino's and Papa Johns put together. And Papa John's and domino's do use fresh dough, having it made in a commissary doesn't change that. There dough is never frozen, and that is the major difference between fresh and not fresh. For pizza dough to be ready to use, the yeast has to run it's course and proof for at least two days. Making and storing dough in the store is inconceivable when you consider the sales. And making it in a regional commissary has many benefits, one being cost savings, whic help keep prices low, and the other being consistency: each of the millions of dough balls are all made the same.

#45 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:34 AM

I honestly am speachless I dont' know what to say here. Cableman I am sorry. This does upset me. I am at a loss for words here. Cableman if you would pm me later names and what not so I can make sure this gets fixed.

I AM NOT A GIRL!

Edited by Ferg55, 24 June 2004 - 11:34 AM.

Live every day is if it were your last. Tell those close to you that you love them. You never know what tommorow will bring.

You will not be forgotten SPC. Joshua Dingler 08/15/2005 "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#46 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:33 PM

Se7en - you have never worked in a real pizza place then, you are wrong about rising times. I have worked in the real thing where they started at 5 am making dough, calazones, strombolis and several breads. I agree with the volume these stores do and the payroll restrictions you could not run it that way and be so cheap. but still the dough is not fresh as in typical chef guidlines for dough fresh in considered made in the last 12 hours. It is all a matter of preference a pizza prepped and out of the oven in 12 minutes for less than $10.- or $20.- and a longer wait.
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

#47 ANG

ANG

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Ferg55 @ Jun 24 2004, 12:34 PM)
I honestly am speachless I dont' know what to say here. Cableman I am sorry. This does upset me. I am at a loss for words here. Cableman if you would pm me later names and what not so I can make sure this gets fixed.

I AM NOT A GIRL!

I am sooooo sorry....my bad. ohmy.gif

#48 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:20 PM

I've been working in the pizza industry for over 12 years, in 7 different states, over 300 different restauraunts, and every major pizza chain. If you knew anything about the chemistry of yeast and what it needs to do to achieve a perfect bake, you would understand the difference. The mom and pop shops your talking about use shortcuts to get their dough ready, and is in my opinion no where near as good a product.

#49 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:38 PM

at my store we use fresh dough every day. Corporate office has it that way. We prep our dough the night before so that the yeast has time to runs it course. We have guidelines we have to follow and abide by them very strictly.
Live every day is if it were your last. Tell those close to you that you love them. You never know what tommorow will bring.

You will not be forgotten SPC. Joshua Dingler 08/15/2005 "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#50 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:58 PM

But that's just for the one type of pizza, right? Because when I was there they did have the fresh dough, but everything else came frozen and we had to oil pans and prep the shells, which was really messy and a pain in the butt.

#51 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:05 PM

well now soon everything will come frozen pan dough and thin dough. Yes you are right currently we do have to make the pan dough by hand and the thin dough.

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#52 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Se7en @ Jun 24 2004, 11:20 PM)
I've been working in the pizza industry for over 12 years, in 7 different states, over 300 different restauraunts, and every major pizza chain. If you knew anything about the chemistry of yeast and what it needs to do to achieve a perfect bake, you would understand the difference. The mom and pop shops your talking about use shortcuts to get their dough ready, and is in my opinion no where near as good a product.

You have gotta be tired... There is know way your math (your work experience) could add up... I appreciate your comments.. But don't be stupid about it...Just add a little to the topic.. Don't be the BIG FISH...Bullcheeze smells like bullcheeze..Just goin on what I smell... cool.gif

#53 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:38 AM

Well maybe I'll sit you down one time and tell you each and every place I've worked, I've got a filing cabinet full of W2's, paystubs, etc. as evidence. When you challenge an expert witness' expertise in court, you have to prove why your an expert. I was challenged, and I feel I'm one of the most traveled people in this industry. Pizza has been my life, unfortunately, so I talk about ti passionately.

#54 archangelinga

archangelinga

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:10 AM

Unless you folks have worked fast food or retail management like I do can you give the poor man a break? Finding good employees in metro ATL is like being Diogenes with his lantern. I'm sure Ferg is doing his best esp. when his private life is going roughly. Like the old Joe South song: Walk a Mile in My Shoes....before you criticize and abuse biggrin.gif
I am quite serious when I say that I do not believe there are, on the whole earth besides, so many intensified bores as in these United States. No man can form an adequate idea of the real meaning of the word, without coming here.

-Charles Dickens

The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

-Harlan Ellison

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics