53 replies to this topic

#1 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 11:43 PM

I am only expressing my thoughts on this subject... My wife tried to order pizza on Sunday night. It really turned into an event... First thing was they did not have any way to make Cheese breadsticks..We then found out they could not make our 4 for all pizza like all the ads I have been receiving told me to try. This is not the first time I have had a problem with the Merchant Dr location...I cannot believe that they were given a spot on this site. They are a bad example of the Pizza Hut chain...The manager Michelle is great, but she has a problem with getting good help...Just thought I would let you all know.... sad.gif ph34r.gif

#2 underdog

underdog

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 08:13 PM

Cableman,
I had a problem with the one near Kmart and emailed their HQ. They sent me free pizza coupons and an apology. Better than nothin?

#3 Guest_publisher_*

Guest_publisher_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

Cableman:

You wrote:
I cannot believe that they were given a spot on this site

I used a picture of a couple of cute kids of whom I've had reports work hard and who, when I arrived, looked to be working hard.

As far as being given a spot, I gave Howard Belcher a spot too! I wouldn't be too quick to suggest that getting a 'spot' is always a good thing smile.gif

#4 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:11 AM

sorry we ran out of breadtsicks we were over on our sales for the sales. As far as teh 4 for all what was wrong with it? Last I checked yet again nobody said anything about there being a problem.....

I try my hardest to please my customers. We do have problems with staffing right now and will soon fix that. I apologize yet again. I had my closing cook call out last night much like tonight. Sorry if yuo feel like we are not capable of doing our job. But we do our job better then our competitors.
Live every day is if it were your last. Tell those close to you that you love them. You never know what tommorow will bring.

You will not be forgotten SPC. Joshua Dingler 08/15/2005 "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#5 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:08 PM

mellow.gif Publisher, I stand corrected, maybe I should have worded it better. I'm proud that some people take pride in their jobs, such as I do.. So I will direct my complaint to the girl and boy that were at work Sunday night around 9:30 pm on May 30 2004.( Merchant Dr Location) Here is the whole story. It is lengthy..We were on our way home from picking up our daughter at 6 flags. We called from our cell phone to order here some cheese breadsticks. They said it would be about 20 min. During that time we stopped by our house and decided to call and order a pizza for ourselfs also. When my wife called, she told them that she already had ordered and they then informed her that they were out of breadsticks.. Not a problem yet.. She then told the girl that she had a coupon for 1- 4 for all pizza, and you get a large specialty of your choice, for $18.99. This is when the fun started. She kept telling my wife that there was no coupon like that. and she would have to make sure they had the crust to do the 4 for all. After about 3 or 4 min on phone waiting. She heard the girl yell for a boy to help her. He never did. She then told him that if he didn't help her, she didn't know what to do...My wife asked if the Pizza Hut in Hiram might have the things we wanted to order. She stated she had no idea and my wife hung up...We then called the Pizza Hut (Hiram Location) They took our order with only 1 problem....They said there was no such coupon for $18.99. We finally decided it wasn't worth waiting any longer and ordered the pizza. After driving to Hiram, because we are out of delivery range, we picked up our pizza. They took the coupon that I had stating 18.99 AND CHARGED ME $19.99 plus tax.. I really thought it was strange when I went to the Pizza Hut website. The coupon was right there, in my areas offers...Never again will I go thru this. I have contacted corporate concerning this whole ordeal, and am awaiting their response. After all that trouble.. The pizza was good.. I don't feel it is worth the hassle to get it. And also Ferg.. if you consider that better than your competitors....I guess I will have to EAT MOR CHIKEN...or Have it my way..BK .Sorry, this took so long, but I am not normally not this ticked off about something.. But this needs to be corrected. This is not intended to create a problem.. I just wish it would help correct a problem. Michelle we know you are trying, but this can't go on.. Now let me step down off my soapbox, and go back to my life of Fun and Happiness and of course PEACE... See Ya... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#6 cmgjeep

cmgjeep

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:38 PM

No pizza joint should run outa bread stixs ,or cheese stixs. They are made of pizza doe. Trust me 4 or better years with dominioes, you learn how to make the custmer happy. It's called CUSTMER FRIST, in other words go outa the way for your job and responsibly to the custmers.There has been a few I've gotten smoke's for or cirtin types of drinks, (also makes good tips) just go outta the way. wink.gif

#7 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:53 PM

I again apologize for the inconvience. We prep our dough for what we are forcasted to do in sales that day. I do know how to make breadsticks out of pan dough and if I would have had pan dough I would have done it. We don't know what our sales for the day will be. Last year we were completely dead the sunday and monday during memorial day weekend. And cableman when I mean competitors I mean domino's papa johns (other pizza places). My family had an incident with Domino's on Sunday they ordered 1 pizza and it took them 3 tries to get it right. We all have our good days and our bad days. I do my best to try and please my customers and make sure they walk away happy or atleast satisified that I have done everything in my power to get them what they want. When I do more then 300-400 more then expected I tend to run out of stuff. I did happen to find a pan of breadsticks so you could get your cheese sticks but again your wife hung up on my server before I had a chance to tell her. And if there was a problem you should have asked to speak with me.
Live every day is if it were your last. Tell those close to you that you love them. You never know what tommorow will bring.

You will not be forgotten SPC. Joshua Dingler 08/15/2005 "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#8 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:12 AM

With over 20 years in customer service I can say when you think your doing a better job then your competition that is when you start slipping. Alwaus assume the competition is on your heels and ready to pass you. there is no need for excuses only quickly stated reasons and action plans to reslove them. The book One Minute Manager would be great for you. You seem to be a good manager but in reatil you have to be a great manager to be on top.
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

#9 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:17 AM

PS after reading your other reply I would say don't argue either. kindly reply without excuses other than we were extremley overwhelmed and I will be happy to make it right for you. We appreciate your past future and present patronage and ask that you please give me the chance to continue earning your business.

Soem may caal this butt kissing, I call it staying in business. an unhappy customer will tell as many as they can. A customer who was impressed with the path of resolution will continue to do business and tell others and you simply agreed with their complaint and did everthing possible to make it right.

#10 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:28 AM

I totally agree BH87. After all the customer pretty much pays my pay check. I will always and have always done right by customers who have had problems. I don't make excuses. What I said is the truth. But yes I plan on not letting this happen again. All I would like to say is I beg you that if you have problems please ask to speak to the manager we will always make it right.

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#11 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:10 AM

As someone who has worked for Papa John's, Dominos, and Pizza Hut, I can tell you that this is the main reason that Pizza Hut is so terrible. They use frozen dough products for a majority of their pizzas, including their breadsticks and cheesesticks. Dominos and Papa Johns both use fresh dough, and they never run out of it because they don;t have to thaw or prep their product. If they're busier than usual they just dip into the dough for the next day, and order more dough on their next truck. I just don't see how anyone eats their crap. If y'all went behind the scenes at Pizza Hut and saw exactly how your food is prepared and the cleanliness of their kitchens, you would realize that it's not just their customer service that's horrible, and it would probably make you sick.

As someone who has managed these places for 12 years, I have to say it is absolutely inexcusible to run out of any product, no matter how busy you are. Saying your sales are higher than projected means you are not projecting your sales correctly, and the manager is at fault. You make it sound like your blaming the customers for ordering more than you intended on selling that day. Your turning away money when you don't have product. In 12 years I never once ran out of any product. Being a good manager I could always tell in advance that I was running low on something due to my correctly forecasted sales, and I would do whatever it takes to take care of the problem.

For shame!
Forget this place. 7 out.

#12 Guest_publisher_*

Guest_publisher_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:05 AM

Se7en:

It has been over three decades ago when I last worked in fastfood (during college) but I did a summer stint at Pizza Hut. I know then making dough was a daily thing and yes, if you didn't make enough, you might run out if things were busy.

To suggest that things are frozen would make me think that you wouldn't ever have that problem unless the manager just forgot to order one week. I mean you just have to pull another pie crust out of the freezer to meet the demand.

It is when you have to mix a whole other 'load of dough' that we got in trouble.

#13 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,871 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:38 AM

We were just talking with my son in TX. He used to work for Pizza Hut. Out of curousity, I asked how long it took to defrost.

He said 1/2 hour for the thin crust.

The hand tossed crust took overnight before it was ready.

Deep-dish is made from scratch, but needs to 'proof' for at least an hour.

They carry at least 3 different kinds of crust, not counting any specialty crusts.

Just information, not excuses.

A pizza place running out of crust/dough is like McDonalds running out of hamburgers. It just shouldn't happen.
I read recently that "most of today's reporters and journalists are no better than used car salesmen. When they're working, you just know they're lying to you." My first thought is that's an insult to used car salesmen!

#14 TimThompson05

TimThompson05

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (CableMAN40 @ May 30 2004, 11:43 PM)
I am only expressing my thoughts on this subject... My wife tried to order pizza on Sunday night. It really turned into an event... First thing was they did not have any way to make Cheese breadsticks..We then found out they could not make our 4 for all pizza like all the ads I have been receiving told me to try. This is not the first time I have had a problem with the Merchant Dr location...I cannot believe that they were given a spot on this site. They are a bad example of the Pizza Hut chain...The manager Michelle is great, but she has a problem with getting good help...Just thought I would let you all know.... sad.gif ph34r.gif

blink.gif Come on, give us a break. We have to prepare all the pizzas the morning of that day and they pretty much have to last us all day. So if you want to get what you want, then come a little bit earlier. By the time 9:00 comes around, we are starting to run out of stock. so just give us a break. Plus, we are known as a fast food restaraunt, but we have no drive-thru. So you just have to wait and live with it and order something else.

#15 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,871 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (TimothyCT @ Jun 19 2004, 01:59 PM)
So you just have to wait and live with it and order something else.

Or better yet, just go someplace else.

And after a time or two of this, you won't even bother with Pizza Hut.

A serious question for the Pizza Hut mgrs.

Do you make any attempt to track orders that customers try to place, but you can't fill?
I read recently that "most of today's reporters and journalists are no better than used car salesmen. When they're working, you just know they're lying to you." My first thought is that's an insult to used car salesmen!

#16 Se7en

Se7en

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:45 PM

I get the feeling that it's a corporate environment there, and they probably get little or no bonus based on restaurant performance, and in turn, don't care how the restaurant performs. In that case, the less orders they have to make, the less they have to work for the same amount of money. So they don't really care how their actions and choices reflect on their business and its long term success.

And I can't believe it was suggested that customers should come earlier in the day if they want to get one of their products. It doesn't matter if they come earlier, that just means you're going to run out of the product earlier.

For shame!
Forget this place. 7 out.

#17 shortergurl

shortergurl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Se7en @ Jun 19 2004, 05:45 PM)
I get the feeling that it's a corporate environment there, and they probably get little or no bonus based on restaurant performance, and in turn, don't care how the restaurant performs. In that case, the less orders they have to make, the less they have to work for the same amount of money. So they don't really care how their actions and choices reflect on their business and its long term success.

well, they'd have to worry some because if they are sending away all of their customers, then eventually the bigwigs will realize that the store isnt getting enough business and they'll shut it down, thus putting anyone who works there out of a job
"If you are going through hell.... keep going" -Winston Churchill

Posted Image

#18 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,871 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:03 PM

It could be that they get penalized by having to throw dough away at night, but if they're not tracking lost business, there's no balance.

That means that it's better for a store to turn customers away than to throw away a few dollars in unused product.

#19 Honkin

Honkin

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,336 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (TimothyCT @ Jun 19 2004, 11:59 AM)
blink.gif Come on, give us a break. We have to prepare all the pizzas the morning of that day and they pretty much have to last us all day. So if you want to get what you want, then come a little bit earlier. By the time 9:00 comes around, we are starting to run out of stock. so just give us a break. Plus, we are known as a fast food restaraunt, but we have no drive-thru. So you just have to wait and live with it and order something else.

Calling yourself that good help??? The customer is paying for the food therefore the customer gets what they want, and IF that customer does not get what they want with their money, they take their business elsewhere. AND they will tell everybody they know how lousy the service was and out of food. Speaking like this on here to paying/potential customers is bad business and makes you the employee sound mighty lazy.
No signature needed, I know who I am already!

#20 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:30 AM

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I know that looks really queer coming from me... But I have read all the posts and looks like I'm not the only one that has a problem...Thanks ya all... I really hope it gets corrected...Ferg55,, any suggestions??? I have received a free pizza coupon from Pizza Hut corporate... But would you use it with the events I have been put in?????
I can only imagine the things that would be extras on my pizza.....You know what I mean... sleep.gif

#21 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:16 AM

We do our best to help and satisfy every customer every trip they have to our restaurant. cableman I would gladly honor that coupon and I would love to meet you so that I could apologize to you in person for it. I do see where they issued you a coupon. I hate apologizing for something over the computer it is so impersonal. and I do care that we run out and some customers have to be turned away cause we may be out of something they want that day. As I have said in the past and its teh only excuse I got. Our sales this year have been outstanding and no matter what we do as far as our prep goes nothing seems to work right now. We do have to throw out all old dough every night so yeah there is a little worry there about our food cost. But my goal is to satisfy you the customer. The happier the people are that eat in my restaurant the better all my numbers will look and the better things will be. Again I do apologize for the problems we have had luckily they have been few and far between.

Se7en- To say I don't care about my job is crazy. If I didn't care I wouldn't have went through all the training to become a manager and I would not push myself and my crew to do better things. I don't know where your troubles have been at or what pizza hut you have worked at in the past but I can assure you things are different at my store. If you would like you are more then welcome to pm me and we can discuse this more.

Cableman stop in and we can chat and I will get ya what you need man. I am sorry about that and just ask for me and I will take care of you.

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#22 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

Ferg.... Look for me in the next couple of days...I'm curious to see how this ends...I normally don't do this, But I will give ya another chance...Please don't make it special because it's me. I will not let anyone know when I appear.. I will let you know my findings...Just want to make it right... wink.gif wink.gif

#23 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

Ferg.... Look for me in the next couple of days...I'm curious to see how this ends...I normally don't do this, But I will give ya another chance...Please don't make it special because it's me. I will not let anyone know when I appear.. I will let you know my findings...Just want to make it right... wink.gif wink.gif

#24 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:32 PM

How did I do that DOUBLE POSTIN?????????? wacko.gif wacko.gif

#25 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:46 PM

well I can tell you I am off 2 of the next 3 days the only day of the 3 I work is tuesday. of course then I work thursday friday saturday and sunday....

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#26 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:58 PM

I will make it a point to stop by on the days you work....I won't be using my coupon...Lets see the reality..Your posts express your policy and work ethic. So far So good... But I have learned to lead by example...But do ya know whatz goin on when ya ain't there? You only know me by a phone number.. You will personally meet me soon... cool.gif

#27 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

I look forward to meeting you and righting the wrong that occured....

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

#28 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:46 PM

Ferg- I criticized your come backs on previous complaints. The reply was very professional and cooled of the problem quickly. You showed the customer you cared and were not making excuses but rather looking to fix the problem and compensate the customer for a bad experience.

you are never to old to stop learning!

great job!

#29 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

OK P-commers..I have ordered the Pizza...Nice lady on the phone..I told her about the coupon I have, but I'm going under a different name and number..Said that a Manager would have to see the coupon when I came to pick it up and would adjust my price..Will be ready in about 18 min...ordered at 8:51..I'll keep ya updated...

#30 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:08 PM

UPDATE...It's been 12 min, Gettin prettied up to go to the HUT

#31 ableman

ableman

Paulding Com member

• retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:11 PM

Leavin...Be back in a minute....

#32 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:18 PM

Okay!!!

I just talked to Cableman40 on the Nextel, he's on his way!!!! ph34r.gif

Everyone syncronize your watches!! wink.gif

This post will self destruct in 5 seconds...... rolleyes.gif

#33 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

Allright,

he arrived at PH...The sign is off, not many lights on, 2 cars in the parking lot..

Looks like a ghost town.....

(there goes Clint inside, spits his chaw) ph34r.gif

#34 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

OMG!!!!

He is so pissed!!!

I'll bet ya he is going to let loose when he gets back!! Escuse me while I say......oh s_ _ _!

#35 ANG

ANG

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:26 PM

OMG are you kidding or what?

#36 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:29 PM

Crap no I ain't kidding! He is P.O.'d!!!

BIGTIME!

#37 ANG

ANG

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:29 PM

WHAT IS HAPPENING????

#38 Doreen

Doreen

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:31 PM

Is Ferg going to get an earful? ohmy.gif

#39 ANG

ANG

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:32 PM

I thought she was nice and gonna make it right?

#40 Doreen

Doreen

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:35 PM

anwtew, Ferg is a man. He was suppose to make evrything better.
HMMMM, Maybe we have a troll situation here.... A repeat of TBAR? ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics