Paulding.com

Collins to Challenge Loeffler, will GA General assembly to help Collins

Apparently there is a bill introduced in the Georgia General Assembly that will give Rep. Doug Collins a better chance to displace Sen. Kelly Loeffler by requiring that the race be included in the existing party primaries; a change that would take all candidates off the general election in November, according to a report in US News.

Sen. Loeffler was appointed to replace Johnny Isakson who resigned from the senate because of health reasons.  Current law calls for an all-comers general election in November that could have three, four or more candidates that would allow for a run off between the top two finishers regardless of party. 

Because of DJT's support for Collins vs. Gov. Kemp's support for Ms. Loeffler and the strong showing of democrats in 2018, the democrats are hoping for a binary choice, hoping to take advantage of the obvious divide caused by these factions in the GOP. Bottom line, DJT's support for Doug Collins; one of his most vocal supporters in the US House will divide the GOP along lines of sex with the more moderate Republicans as well as those Republican women who are not fans of DJT's philandering siding with Loeffler.  The faction backed by DJT believes they can put Collins in the race and the Democrats believe they can appeal to enough moderate Republicans and  Republican women to win the Senate seat now held by Ms. Loeffler.

I suspect that the DJT clique on pcom will be full bore supporters of Doug Collins.

Notably, the US News article referenced above suggests that Gov. Kemp, who obviously is at odds with the DJT Cabal who want Collins, has suggested he may veto the bill.  One wonders if you add the die-hard DJT supporters in the general assembly with 100   percent support of democrats to overturn the veto, will be the needed  2/3rds of both houses to make it law.

DJT clique? Philandering?

Do you want an intelligent discussion on this issue, or were you just taking advantage of an opportunity to insult people and once again attack the president on a personal level?

Some things never change.

P.S. - You should try asking people what their opinions are. You might actually inspire some good discussion.

• Like 1

I like Collins.  He's represented his constituency well in the House and I think he would make a good senator.  Just because the governor appointed Loeffler to fill the vacant seat; it doesn't make Republicans obligated to vote for her the next election. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

I like Collins.  He's represented his constituency well in the House and I think he would make a good senator.  Just because the governor appointed Loeffler to fill the vacant seat; it doesn't make Republicans obligated to vote for her the next election. 

I do too, he's very smart and dang good at what he does.