Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs G

Major Store Closing at Douglasville Mall.

Sears in the Arbor Place Mall will be starting their Liquidation Sale December 02,  I’ll be sad to see it go but, I’ve never really liked anything they had. The clothing they sold never appealed to me.  You do know that when a store does liquidations, they jack the prices up to full retail then, sell what they can, then they’ll mark it down 10% and on down to whatever and ship off all remaining unsold items to places like Big Lots, Bargain Hunt and so on.  It was good while it lasted, I guess. 

10 hours ago, Mrs G said:

Sears in the Arbor Place Mall will be starting their Liquidation Sale December 02,  I’ll be sad to see it go but, I’ve never really liked anything they had. The clothing they sold never appealed to me.  You do know that when a store does liquidations, they jack the prices up to full retail then, sell what they can, then they’ll mark it down 10% and on down to whatever and ship off all remaining unsold items to places like Big Lots, Bargain Hunt and so on.  It was good while it lasted, I guess. 

I stopped going there when CRAFTSMAN first was sold in KMART. if my memory serves me correctly. :hi:

Wonder what they are planning to fill that space with... a lot of real estate to fill.

I wonder if this is the beginning to the end:shok:

A prime example of what happens when a business sits on their haunches and doesn't change with the times. Sears was once a retail giant who practically owned the catalogue sales game (the precursor to internet sales), but the world changed around them and Sears refused to change with it. And now they are dying  because of that.

To make it worse, they bought another company who was equally inept (K-Mart), and then started selling off they brands that kept loyal customers coming back. Craftsman tools were once as good as it gets, but now they are Chinese crap.

Sad, but they did it to themselves.  Short of a miracle, Sears will likely be nothing but a memory within 5 years.

• Thanks 1

I was a big fan of Craftsman tools and Kenmore appliances back in the day. The last time I went in Sears at AP the customer service was so bad I left my items on the counter and walked out. The albatross of the K-Mart brand and failure to adjust with the times was probably the beginning of the end. K-Mart had degenerated into dirty low class bargain stores by time Sears bought them. Rich's and Sears were the first department stores I remember as a kid. I had an aunt who passed away in the early eighties that retired from Sears on Ponce with a very good retirement plan for that time period. I believe she had 35+ years of service.

Sears has never had any clothes that I liked. The quality, the styles and sizing never fit me like I needed. I’m not into name brand clothes so that was never a problem. But, the quality and the fit, was the key factor and their clothes just wasn’t a match for me.