Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs G

Local Food Bank Is In Desperate Need!!

Helping Hands of Paulding Co. Food Bank Is in Desperate Need of food. If you could ask your Church, Community Leader or HOA if they could hold a Food Drive for us, it would be greatly appreciated by Helping Hands and our clients! The hours for donations are M-F 9 to 3:30 and if it’s after that call to see if by chance someone is there. 770-443-1230

146A6837-D8B4-42A6-BF81-59E7B3744573.jpeg

65786F51-A4A9-435A-A832-24CBC7338E17.jpeg

E00AA840-73DE-4D3F-89EE-B66D156FA9DF.jpeg

If anyone has a donation and would like me to pickup and deliver it for you, I can do this. We’re in the South Paulding area. I can even get you a receipt for your taxes. I would just need a name and address, to go on the receipt. 

4 hours ago, LPPT said:

Have you had any response?

No Ma’am. I’ve even posted on FB and Nextdoor Neighbor. No response on them, either.  I’ll make a few phone calls to some Schools in the morning to see “IF” they might be able to hold a food drive for Helping. Hands Food Bank. It doesn’t hurt to ask. 

• Like 1

I will put up a sign and box at Hubby's office and see if I can get some other business owners to help also.

Is there some specifics you are desperately in need of?

Why not have someone reach out to area grocery store managers and ask them what they do with the food (canned goods) they pull of the shelves due to a "date" on the can?  ((other items can be included as items)) ...  The "date" doesn't mean it is bad, just a suggested date, but the stores are instructed to pull them.  Those items are great to get into situations such as this.

Just a thought ....

I'll ask around for donations.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:07 AM, Mrs G said:

No Ma’am. I’ve even posted on FB and Nextdoor Neighbor. No response on them, either.  I’ll make a few phone calls to some Schools in the morning to see “IF” they might be able to hold a food drive for Helping. Hands Food Bank. It doesn’t hurt to ask. 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:55 AM, LPPT said:

I will put up a sign and box at Hubby's office and see if I can get some other business owners to help also.

Is there some specifics you are desperately in need of?

Canned foods and boxed foods, such as Green Beans, Corn, Tomatoes, Peas, Any kind of Canned Soups, Ramen Noodles, Macaroni and Cheese. Hamburger Helper, Spaghetti Sauce and Noodles,  Boxed Elbow Macaroni Noodles (for soup & chili), Dry Beans, Rice,  Crackers for Soups and any kind of non perishable foods, really. Eta: Peanut Butter and Jelly! Almost forgot! 

• Like 1

I called the Board Of Education today and left a message with someone, there, about doing a food drive for Helping Hands.  I called several Churches and it seems that the majority of the larger ones are closed on Fridays. I’ll go down the list again, on Monday.  

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, Mrs G said:

I called the Board Of Education today and left a message with someone, there, about doing a food drive for Helping Hands.  I called several Churches and it seems that the majority of the larger ones are closed on Fridays. I’ll go down the list again, on Monday.  

Just Landed in Paulding

Go Look @ the p.com   store

Let me know if you APPROVE please

Caped

Goodnight Mrs. G:hi:

Sorry, been busy. What Pcom store, I didn’t know there was such an animal. 🤔

Well, we’ll, I found it. Thank You CC! That’s very kind of “ You & The 9” to help out!! Thank You, Again!  That’s why I Love this Community!  The food bank sees between 45-55 people per day, on an average. It’s very hard to keep up with the demands of our clients. I’ve been there since June 2008 and I can’t ever remember being this low on the non perishable foods.

40 minutes ago, Mrs G said:

Sorry, been busy. What Pcom store, I didn’t know there was such an animal. 🤔

Well, we’ll, I found it. Thank You CC! That’s very kind of “ You & The 9” to help out!! Thank You, Again!  That’s why I Love this Community!  The food bank sees between 45-55 people per day, on an average. It’s very hard to keep up with the demands of our clients. I’ve been there since June 2008 and I can’t ever remember being this low on the non perishable foods.

Glad You Found IT

:hi: