Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
juleebella

Don't get thiis place anymore

The other night the power was out here from our area, East Paulding to 61.  Huge area and power was out for hours.  Came back on this site hoping to get some input. but alas....

• Like 1

It appears that is has basically turned into a place for the Team of 9 to communicate with each other instead of using other methods.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cptlo306 said:

It appears that is has basically turned into a place for the Team of 9 to communicate with each other instead of using other methods.

Not really ...  There is a vision here and you are welcome to help realize that vision.

My vision when I founded the site was to have folks imagine a big bulletin board on the Dallas Square where everyone could post messages and read them.

Then the folks, like some of the group of nine, saw in paulding.com the ability to reach out and help folks.  A lot of the time, pcom was only the organizing nexus, like in the relief sent to the victims of Katrina.

But when it comes to making this place rock, the most the most important part of their task is to inspire you folks to interact. That can be done by investment in news, investment in promotion or just divine acts of kindness that renews hope and progress in a time where such items are in short supply.

And we ought not forget the technical aspects of bringing anything this ambitious back, which is what I understand is the goal of the new management.  The point is that  the software is really capable of lot ... but getting to the point the management can utilize it is the challenge.  They are working on it; they've got full time jobs and they haven't been doing it as long as some people I know.

gpatton

41 minutes ago, juleebella said:

I give up.  Tried to start a new post in the café and it doesn't work.  Good luck and I wish this new site well! 

Top of the page you click the tab that says browse. Just below is forums, click that. You will see internet cafe and a bar at the top right that says start new topic. Click that and a drop down menu will come up. Choose the forum then click outside the box to clear the list and the internet cafe or other forum will show click to continue. I am not sure why you have to click out of the list to set the forum. I have been working on some things like that. We needed to be mobile friendly so that is the reason for the new board. We are learning like everyone else.  I opened  2 tabs of Paulding.com to make sure I navigated exactly. You might want to try that the first time. I am working on stream lining the view because there are multiple ways to view the site. If you click on  forum you get the list view of  what is posted in the forum but not all recent post. If you click recent you get all recent postings in all forums. I want a view list that shows recent topics with all forums showing. If it does not work I am interested in talking by phone to understand what is different in your view so I can fix it.