Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Laffsalot

What inspires you to be a better person?

What makes us a nice person?  Is it the people we are around every day?  Is it watching others trying to help the less fortunate?  Why are we the way we are?  

Edited by Sir Laffsalot
Incomplete

hmmm... I've always heard this saying growing UP

You RUN w TURKEYS you will start GOBBLING!

Quack Quack 8P

that's a really thought provoking question.

Let me sleep on it, I'm Terd! :crazy:

Goodnight :hi:

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Sir Laffsalot said:

What makes us a nice person?  Is it the people we are around every day?  Is it watching others trying to help the less fortunate?  Why are we the way we are?  

#:angel::wub:PeepslikeU!

People always inspire me to be a better person. I have always worked with the public. I have probably met around 10,000 people in my life. I traveled different states and regions when I was younger. I met many people from other countries and cultures, even religions. I learned that people are all the same. We get the same body parts, instincts and emotions. What sets us apart are experiences. That dictates how our emotions are triggered. I talk to people and I listen, with some folks the more they are with people the less they like them. I love people, I am fascinated by them. We all have bad stuff happen, some feel that those things entitle them to be bitter and angry. Others become more and more compassionate. Some feel victimized, some feel triumph when they get over the tragedies. There are many that after needing help they and receiving it, give back every opportunity. There are others that will always see themselves in need because they can't get on their feet. I have met many that suffered horrid abuse and have an aura that says they have been damaged in some way. Then you see those that perpetuate the abuse to lay claim to not being damaged by it.

I have seen cultures and religions that have some cruel aspects that leave you shaking your head. I will always remained befuddled by people killed and mistreated based on their race, religion or skin color. I have most often found my enemy to be the same color and background as myself. 

What makes me happiest is my compassion for others, the joy I find in the moments and hours that I have meaningful fellowship with them. I have learned not to be a victim of my compassion. I know where to draw the line in the sand that says I can have compassion for you across that wall. 

I think that we can all disagree, get frustrated, annoyed, angry, whatever without fulfilling the barbaric need to tear a strip of flesh off the other person. I feel shame when I do that and have learned over the years that saying sorry actually makes me feel better, because tearing the strip has never served me well.

If all else fails avoidance prevents a useless waste of energy, 

Positive inner action with people makes me the happiest. I love doing for others.

Why are we the way we are? 

Scientists and Philosophers have been asking that question for eons. 

Some believe we are the way we are because of our genetics; others feel that nurture - i.e. culture, education, etc. determine each of us as unique, self-directed beings. Still others see everything in the world as determined including the decisions you make two minutes, two days and two months from now.  (Actually, some claim the individual ultimately has no control over anything as this line of thought says all things  have been predetermined, including the time you woke up this morning.)

Contrasting with that is the  more common belief that we are agents with free-will; able and capable of both knowing and doing good and bad and choosing one act over another for moral or other good or bad reasons ... but with that agency comes guilt, crime and punishment.

While there is strong empirical evidence that a persons decision to a particular incident may 'feel' independent, study of the impulses flowing through the body in moments before a decision is consciously rendered, science has proven the outcome came long before the conscious grasp that a decision was needed or made. I.e. the notion of free-will is shaken to its base by this research. 

So, if all that is true, and there is no free will, then the answer to t he question of "Why are we the way we are" is simple; it is destiny. 

gpatton

1 hour ago, gpatt0n said:

So, if all that is true, and there is no free will, then the answer to t he question of "Why are we the way we are" is simple; it is destiny. 

gpatton

stby... using PHONE :yahoo:

:angel::wub: Brother :good:

9E617F5A-54B9-43A4-BC5A-53D29A0D87AB.png