The JURY is sequestered  on this as we speak :hi:

Here is what I Know...

pauldng.com is a COMMUNITY Website:wub:

and from what I HEAR....

Paulding.com in the NEAR Future

will ONLY have PAULDING Politics if any :unknw:

WE ALL can turn ON OUR TvS or FB if we want to be

BOMBARDED with NATIONAL POLLIES 24/7

Hopefully they will have their verdict in the next  24 HOURS!

Wish I had more

There was going to be an effort to do 2 new forums.  Across the community b hundreds we have been told that it was the reason people left and why they will never come back. There are some national political forums that feel no accountability for the consequences of hosting politics. On the other hand it impacted this county by destroying any hope for local news, affordable advertising for mom and pops, and opportunities to help local people in a timely manner. The discussion of politics is never worth the human toll it is taking. The new owners believe better communities are built by people being aware and taking part in local politics and elections. 

30 minutes ago, LPPT said:

There was going to be an effort to do 2 new forums.  Across the community b hundreds we have been told that it was the reason people left and why they will never come back. There are some national political forums that feel no accountability for the consequences of hosting politics. On the other hand it impacted this county by destroying any hope for local news, affordable advertising for mom and pops, and opportunities to help local people in a timely manner. The discussion of politics is never worth the human toll it is taking. The new owners believe better communities are built by people being aware and taking part in local politics and elections. 

But the "new" political forum password is ........... LOVE. ❤️  How about we just behave ourselves better?

Edited by ivylove

It does not fit into the new business model especially since it destroyed the old one.

2 minutes ago, LPPT said:

It does not fit into the new business model especially since it destroyed the old one.

Good luck competing with Nextdoor.com and Facebook.

Sounds like the mods and admins are going to have their work cut out for them. If I'm reading this right, y'all will have to look deeply into threads/posts, etc. for hidden meanings, double entendres and the like. Good luck with that.

Because I know generally where the new owners want to go, let me suggest this 'alternative' ...

Members should use the 'blog' function associated with their accounts and make their political posts in individual blogs ...

Moderators, if they see political commentary sneaking into the posts either edit the post to remove it and/or promote the post to the users blog; obviously removing the content from the general forums.

Those who wish to engage with the individual members on political grounds can reply to blog posts of those they choose.

Blog owners naturally have higher levels of control over their blogs including the ability to moderate replies (or even disallow them.)

I don't know if this will be adequate to solve the issue but it does remove the national political forum(s) from the equation which apparently is an issue in regard to advertisers.  The experiment will either work or it won't.

There are further options or alternatives with the new board features including its, as yet unexplored (by pcom) 'club' function.  That is a really cool approach that would allow a club to even collect dues (paypal payments are paid straight to the club 'owners' accounts with a percent off the top sent to the new paulding.com for the administration of the online 'club' meeting place. 

I just really don't think we need to look at this as anything other than an adjustment on the part of  users to assert their right over their bought and paid-for blog post area.

gpatton

2 hours ago, gpatt0n said:

Because I know generally where the new owners want to go, let me suggest this 'alternative' ...

Members should use the 'blog' function associated with their accounts and make their political posts in individual blogs ...

Moderators, if they see political commentary sneaking into the posts either edit the post to remove it and/or promote the post to the users blog; obviously removing the content from the general forums.

Those who wish to engage with the individual members on political grounds can reply to blog posts of those they choose.

Blog owners naturally have higher levels of control over their blogs including the ability to moderate replies (or even disallow them.)

I don't know if this will be adequate to solve the issue but it does remove the national political forum(s) from the equation which apparently is an issue in regard to advertisers.  The experiment will either work or it won't.

There are further options or alternatives with the new board features including its, as yet unexplored (by pcom) 'club' function.  That is a really cool approach that would allow a club to even collect dues (paypal payments are paid straight to the club 'owners' accounts with a percent off the top sent to the new paulding.com for the administration of the online 'club' meeting place. 

I just really don't think we need to look at this as anything other than an adjustment on the part of  users to assert their right over their bought and paid-for blog post area.

gpatton

OK, didn't know this option existed.  Went to look and most of it pretty old, but it might be a solution for those posts that were just trolling for an argument if they could get an audience. 

Might want to post a sticky post somewhere to "Check out our Blogs for more National and World Discussions" or something. 

If all you're going to do is be negative, go somewhere that welcomes that. Here are some posters who were banned before and managed to begin posting again and every single post has been negative and hostile. That is not tolerated. Be decent. Be kind. That is what we want and if you can't do that, your posting privileges won't continue.

Good job, Clara! I walked away for an hour to finish dinner and my phone started dinging like crazy at the reports in this thread. Thank you for handling this.

People are leaving because of the political forum and leaving because it is leaving very rational. 

Nobody here has any interest in being here other than being destructive. Why don't yall make a lunch date with G.Patten Hughes and have your discussion. He no longer owns the site nor has control of it. Yall make a date have at it but this is no longer a playground for anyone interested in discussing national politics or being nasty to one another. Yall made it clear.

Why would people be leaving because of the Political forum when you have to go turn it on to even know it's there.  (Well, on the old software that was true, here you see the topics, just can't get to them.  Wish that could be fixed)  If someone didn't like it, they could turn it off. 

It seemed more to be when politics got brought up in the Cafe.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Sound Guy said:

Why would people be leaving because of the Political forum when you have to go turn it on to even know it's there.  (Well, on the old software that was true, here you see the topics, just can't get to them.  Wish that could be fixed)  If someone didn't like it, they could turn it off. 

It seemed more to be when politics got brought up in the Cafe.    

Sound Guy, I think the political forum is now gone.  I am no longer seeing it on mine.