Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

Password reset not working

Am I the only one ? When I saw that Pcom was back up and running I tried to log in, the site would not recognize my password after several tries it locked the account and sent me a email instructing me to reset my password. I have done that several times but each time I log out the site will no longer recognize my new password. 

The new board took the user name and display name fields from the old board and, when told we had to choose only one for the upgrade, I chose for people to keep their signon name.  The display name is no longer an option. 

I do think the signon name will  use either the name that is now displayed for your account or the email that you used to register on paulding.com

Admittedly, different from before but we had to make a choice as procrastination - insulating the community from change - could no longer continue. 

gpatton

4 hours ago, gpatt0n said:

The new board took the user name and display name fields from the old board and, when told we had to choose only one for the upgrade, I chose for people to keep their signon name.  The display name is no longer an option. 

I do think the signon name will  use either the name that is now displayed for your account or the email that you used to register on paulding.com

Admittedly, different from before but we had to make a choice as procrastination - insulating the community from change - could no longer continue. 

gpatton

Here is what I had to do to respond to your post Sign in (email address / last saved password) Website does not recognize  my user name or the password. Keep trying until my account is locked and a email is sent to recover password. Password recovery is successful. Now if I leave and come back later I will find I am no longer signed in the recovery password will not work and the dance starts over again. So far I've done everything but dance the hokey pokey and nothing works.

Edited by CitizenCain

Just go let you know, I was able to reset my password & log in as my old self. :)