yo! ×
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
cootsmama

Macland Road

Does anyone know what is being built on Macland Road? Looks like it is going to be a LARGE development.

I think you may be CORRECT!

Been meaning to investigate.... not enough hours in the Day....

inquiring MINDS wanna KNOW...

been driving by there for MONTHS!

WHEREABOUTS ON MACLAND ROAD ?

Up by the Racetrac ?

Somewhere else.

WISH THAT PAULDING Would put more lanes in on Macland.
Traffic at times is very very long --lines to red lights....etc

There are plans to widen Macland, at least on the Cobb County Side.    They purchased ROW from our church several years ago.

I think I remember about 10 years ago there was a vote to do a special tax for the widening of Macland Road but it was voted down. That was really a myopic move that makes a lot of people mad because we could have the extra lanes by now. People who have to drive would have appreciated those lanes with a lot of the cost paid for by people who come here from outside the county to shop. More short-sighted decisions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peaches said:

I think I remember about 10 years ago there was a vote to do a special tax for the widening of Macland Road but it was voted down. That was really a myopic move that makes a lot of people mad because we could have the extra lanes by now. People who have to drive would have appreciated those lanes with a lot of the cost paid for by people who come here from outside the county to shop. More short-sighted decisions.

The most annoying thing about living here for me is how long it takes to get out of the county to get somewhere. I always give myself 1/2 to get out of Paulding. in all directions it takes me at least that long to get to a freeway.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:25 PM, cootsmama said:

Northerndancer43, the development is on 92 going towards Powder Springs from Dallas, left side of the road.

Is it on Macland Rd or on 92?????  If you talking about the land clearing on Macland Rd, (between Smith & Poplar Springs) kinda sorta behind  or nearby the Mighty Fortress Lutheran Church? My guess is that it may be one of those age 55+ subdivisions/complex. They seem to be building a lot of those around here.

• Like 1