Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

I have been in car shopping hell

Thats it hell.

I want zippy, great gas mileage.

He wants leg room, head room, space to vacation with the kitchen sink.

They all look and sound the same xs ly cr hs cs I keep having to ask my son over and over what I test drove today. My husbands knees would not hit the dash in only 2 of them and it goes without saying they did not zip or get great gas mileage.

It's hell I tell you hell.

I had to take a nap when I got home.

He is freaked out that I even drove zippy cars instead of a small SUV.

He goes Saturday wait till he sees what is out there. Tiny or huge not really much in between when you are looking to fit a tall car. We are looking at imports. We have always gone with GMC. But I am wanting something that will hold some value when I trade it in in 5 years for electric.

The great American search for the elusive four wheel drive tri-cycle.

Something American made that’s comparable to say a Highlander?

I am looking much smaller. He likes the idea of the Highlander. I have enjoyed driving Franky's little Honda. I am very surprised that I did. We have talked about a compromise with a Subaru Forester or Outback. The problem is the leg room in the front passenger seat on most of the smaller vehicles. The Forester did not have the legroom We had hoped for.

I am looking much smaller. He likes the idea of the Highlander. I have enjoyed driving Franky's little Honda. I am very surprised that I did. We have talked about a compromise with a Subaru Forester or Outback. The problem is the leg room in the front passenger seat on most of the smaller vehicles. The Forester did not have the legroom We had hoped for.

You both have had your own vehicles in the past. So now you will share? How will that work?

You both have had your own vehicles in the past. So now you will share? How will that work?

He will still use the pick up truck as his daily driver. My car will be used for weekends and trips to the beach or the mountains.

Have you looked at the Mazda CX-5 ? It's rated as a midsize SUV, I bought one last year seems fairly roomy peppy super easy to drive and well appointed, has a high rating by Motor Trend and I understand this years model comes turbo charged, zoom zoom.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazda/cx-5/2019/

Thanks I will put it on my list of test drives. It is in my box with price and gas mileage.

Honda Pilot. Manufactured in USA. We are on our second one. Sold first one at 258k miles still running today.

Honda Pilot. Manufactured in USA. We are on our second one. Sold first one at 258k miles still running today.

Hubby is trying to talk me into that one.

We love our 2015 Buick Enclave. We had a 2008 Enclave and traded that in for a 2011 GMC Acadia (totally same as the Buick) then back to a 2015 Buick Enclave, it gets avg 18 mpg around town and 26 mpg on the interstate. If, I were to get another vehicle,it wouldn’t be a new one and it would be either a GMC or Buick!!

What with y'all being independently wealthy and what all, here ya go:

Ars Technica: The 2020 Cadillac XT6: Better than an Escalade in every way.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/07/the-2020-cadillac-xt6-better-than-an-escalade-in-every-way/

I ordered a 2019 xts it is on it's way. Now hubby is back peddling due to the repairs being expensive and how quickly it depreciates. With my fybromyalgia and facet syndrome I am willing to make sacrifices for comfort, him not so much. I am going to test drive a lexus this week. If the lexus is not as comfortable it might be the Nissan Murrano.

Do yourself and your wallet a favor and leave the Nissan where it is.

Breaks my heart to say that. My favorite car ever was a Datsun 1200 Deluxe. Couldn't tear it up or make it stop running. Now....not so much.

I ordered a 2019 xts it is on it's way. Now hubby is back peddling due to the repairs being expensive and how quickly it depreciates. With my fybromyalgia and facet syndrome I am willing to make sacrifices for comfort, him not so much. I am going to test drive a lexus this week. If the lexus is not as comfortable it might be the Nissan Murrano.

Stay with American. Keep the Cadillac.

The Cadillac is an ever so slightly fancier Buick. Wonder what the price difference is?

What I could find that seemed applicable:

Buick LaCrosse vs. Cadillac XTS

2019 Cadillac XTS: The 2019 Cadillac XTS has a starting MSRP $46,895 and gets 19 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. The XTS comes equipped with many modern features, including a rearview camera.

2019 Buick LaCrosse: The 2019 Buick LaCrosse starts at a much more affordable $30,495 MSRP. The LaCrosse also earns a much higher MPG rating, getting up to 25 mpg city and up to 35 mpg highway. Plus, you can look forward to each of the following standard features inside the cabin:

Buick Infotainment System

Apple CarPlay Connectivity

Rear Park Assist (Essence trim and above

The Cadillac is an ever so slightly fancier Buick. Wonder what the price difference is?

What I could find that seemed applicable:

Buick LaCrosse vs. Cadillac XTS

2019 Cadillac XTS: The 2019 Cadillac XTS has a starting MSRP $46,895 and gets 19 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. The XTS comes equipped with many modern features, including a rearview camera.

2019 Buick LaCrosse: The 2019 Buick LaCrosse starts at a much more affordable $30,495 MSRP. The LaCrosse also earns a much higher MPG rating, getting up to 25 mpg city and up to 35 mpg highway. Plus, you can look forward to each of the following standard features inside the cabin:

Buick Infotainment System

Apple CarPlay Connectivity

Rear Park Assist (Essence trim and above

I understand. I could say that the Lexus is simply a fancy Toyota (it is); the Infiniti is a fancy Nissan (it is); and the Acura is a fancy Honda (ti is).

Regardless, buy an American brand.

• Like 1

Stay with American. Keep the Cadillac.

Old school, fact is today and maybe for the last 2 decades the japanese have made the best cars on the road.

Old school, fact is today and maybe for the last 2 decades the japanese have made the best cars on the road.

Excluding anything on the road with the CVT transmission, agreed.

• Like 2

This is what I am up against. A 50,000 Cadillac xts went to 30,000 with 1000 miles on it. Next year it will be worth about about 20,000 depending on mileage. The Murrano about the same. The average repairs on the caddy in a year run about 1000. The Lexus around 600 with depreciation around 1/2 of what the caddy is. The Murrano actually holds value better than the caddy When I looked into the higher rate of repair on the Murrano that seemed excessive in the first year were under $100 each and small things. The Lexus beat both in these categories.This is the investment end of car ownership. I will need to test drive the Buick. I am also looking into the Hyundai Genesis G80. It also depreciates terribly. I never buy new, someone else can take the original 10,000 hit. In that way depreciation is not that painful. The bottom line is for me it makes no sense to buy something I can't take a 4 to 6 hour ride to the beach in. I am not going up to bmw's or audi's. I have zero car vanity for anyone to take advantage of. I will test drive the Lexus, Genesis, and Buick this week. As you can see my frustration is high. I appreciate all the feedback and help from everyone. Keep it coming.

The CVT transmission is awful.

We have it in our 2014 Ford CMAX - 58000 miles and no problems whatsoever.

Hit me back 101,000. When you go for that repair and find out your car is effectively totaled.

Just got the call my new car is in! I will post a pic when I pick it up!!!!! Soo excited!

I test drove about 40 cars. I started at a Honda dealer, Then Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, we ended up at Carmax which was an awesome experience. We loved test driving whatever we wanted without thee paperwork and the get the key process that took 20 minutes. We also loved shopping their huge inventory on line, which is where we fond my car. I am in love with it. I opened the sun roof when it cooled as I drove down Dabbs bridge. I will not elaborate but I put her through her paces and she performed beautifully. The interstate was a little difficult it was hard to keep her under 80 she settled in at that  pace or I did to be honest but I kept it in check. Mrs. Surepip shared in my joy and teased my about smiling so long I was going to have a sore face. So here she is.

20190831_190954.jpg20190831_190926.jpg20190831_191054.jpg

7 hours ago, Mrs G said:

Just Beautiful!! Oh, the car, too!!! Glad you finally found your perfect ride!,🤗💐 

It doesn't feel like mine yet 😂 I drove the suburban for over 20 years.