Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blunt Trauma

Shout Out to Locally Owned Business

Being the proud companion of a fat little chihuahua (she had lost 10ozs as of last week) and having no experience as such, I dont feel qualified to cut her toenails. If I was to hurt her I'd probably freak out, so homey don't do that.

She had started gnawing at her toenails and I took that as a sign and headed down what I thought to be the path of least resistance...Petsmart. Website said no appointment and $10. Drive down there and fight the crowd. Stand there in this exceeding loud little place in the back with my nervous little dog for 10 minutes waiting on them to get to me. Walk up finally and tell this idjit she needs a nail clipping. He insists that they must have her rabies vaccination records before they'll touch her. Says he'll call the vet and get it and proceeds to ask for my life history and personal info. Spends another 5 minutes trying to find the vets number and then the vet doesn't answer. So after spending a half hour or better standing around I'm heading out the door with an unclipped dog and a really bad attitude.

At the time it wasn't funny. But looking back the trip out was hilarious. Everywhere we go, everybody loves Coco and wants to pet her. The two of us together I guess is a sight and seems to attract even more people to her. That being said, even now I'm not someone folks go out of there way to interact with, especially when I'm pissed. So on the way out is a store full of people, about 50% of which look at the dog and you can see some of them even start to move to her and the rest wanting to. Until they look up from the dog at my face. The ones that had started towards her just stopped after that first step or two. Lets just say she got zero pets on the way out.

I had ruled out Royal Pet Resort on 92 thinking they'd be too expensive. I'd been in there before and it's kinda dressy (a little old though and apparently under renovation). You put Royal and Resort in a name and it's an automatic in my mind to head the other way. Figuring there isn't anything to lose at this point, I stop in on the way home.

The lady asked when I was no more than 5 feet in the door, "Awww, does she need her nails clipped?" 5 minutes later I was out the door with a freshly nail clipped and happier little dog. For $10.

I'm happy, Coco's happy, and Royal Pet Resort has a new customer.

• Like 5

Being the proud companion of a fat little chihuahua (she had lost 10ozs as of last week) and having no experience as such, I dont feel qualified to cut her toenails. If I was to hurt her I'd probably freak out, so homey don't do that.

She had started gnawing at her toenails and I took that as a sign and headed down what I thought to be the path of least resistance...Petsmart. Website said no appointment and $10. Drive down there and fight the crowd. Stand there in this exceeding loud little place in the back with my nervous little dog for 10 minutes waiting on them to get to me. Walk up finally and tell this idjit she needs a nail clipping. He insists that they must have her rabies vaccination records before they'll touch her. Says he'll call the vet and get it and proceeds to ask for my life history and personal info. Spends another 5 minutes trying to find the vets number and then the vet doesn't answer. So after spending a half hour or better standing around I'm heading out the door with an unclipped dog and a really bad attitude.

At the time it wasn't funny. But looking back the trip out was hilarious. Everywhere we go, everybody loves Coco and wants to pet her. The two of us together I guess is a sight and seems to attract even more people to her. That being said, even now I'm not someone folks go out of there way to interact with, especially when I'm pissed. So on the way out is a store full of people, about 50% of which look at the dog and you can see some of them even start to move to her and the rest wanting to. Until they look up from the dog at my face. The ones that had started towards her just stopped after that first step or two. Lets just say she got zero pets on the way out.

I had ruled out Royal Pet Resort on 92 thinking they'd be too expensive. I'd been in there before and it's kinda dressy (a little old though and apparently under renovation). You put Royal and Resort in a name and it's an automatic in my mind to head the other way. Figuring there isn't anything to lose at this point, I stop in on the way home.

The lady asked when I was no more than 5 feet in the door, "Awww, does she need her nails clipped?" 5 minutes later I was out the door with a freshly nail clipped and happier little dog. For $10.

I'm happy, Coco's happy, and Royal Pet Resort has a new customer.

They are awesome people. They were a pleasure to work with on their marketing. I always stayed too long when I dropped in. Glad you found someone. We have 5 little ones 3 we get professional peddies because it ain't worth the grief.

Weve been using Hilltop in Dallas for our fur babies since 2011. They are some very nice people!! Prices are great and You dont have to drop them off at 7:30 in the morning anfd pick them up after 3:00, like most places do. You simply make an appt and theyll call you about 2 or 3hrs later. Ms Ann is Awesome!!

We have used Royal Pet Resort twice for boarding and the dogs got a grooming the first time. We love the Ladies, there!!! They take good care of the dogs and text me pics of them while were away. Weve been using Hilltop for Grooming for so long, Id just rather stick with them on the grooming!!! Nothing wrong with the grooming at Royal Pet Resort, tho!!

• Like 1

Sign seemed to indicate that they have webcams for the boarding now.

Sign seemed to indicate that they have webcams for the boarding now.

They do in the big rooms but, our little Mini Yorkie (Roscoe P Coaltrain) and Morkie (Lucy) could not handle the loud barking of the bigger Doggies so they stay in the more quiet area, in the foldable play pens. They even get to run loose a little bit. The ladies there are sooo doggone sweet!! We’ll use them Again, most definitely!!