Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Caped Crusader

PLEASE Help us Choose “12 Forums”

If you decide to allow political posts again, I recommend having more than one forum, say Local (Paulding County), State (GA obviously) and Country, all password protected individually so that people can decided if they want to know about/discuss Local stuff, without having to deal with posts about State and/or Country wide races/ policies.

Will the forum software allow forced approval before posts will appear on a per forum basis? That might be good for political forums. It would slow down the arguments and allow people to get their emotions under control at least.

Cafe is good for local announcements and fun topics. ( I would assume that a post about the status of the reservoir / airport could go here unless it got political)

Business News needs to be there for commercial members. (If there are rules on posting about non-member businesses, those need to be made clear. In the old days, the current "New Burger King" thread would have been edited to "New Burger Joint" or something like that. )

Maybe an "introduction to Pcom" forum with rule posts?

Maybe a general school forum. Don't know that you need one for every school. There shouldn't be that many announcements.

• Like 2

Sound Guy, I don't think approving posts in any forum is a good idea. In fact, it's a form of censorship. Think about it this way; a moderator who has a liberal viewpoint on a discussion may be the one who decides a conservative's viewpoint may not make it to the public. It could also mean a conservative moderator doesn't allow a liberal's viewpoint to make it to the public.

• Like 3

Sound Guy, I don't think approving posts in any forum is a good idea. In fact, it's a form of censorship. Think about it this way; a moderator who has a liberal viewpoint on a discussion may be the one who decides a conservative's viewpoint may not make it to the public. It could also mean a conservative moderator doesn't allow a liberal's viewpoint to make it to the public.

I agree with you El Z having actually experience that on another website where a moderator who had conservative views couldn't tolerate someone with progressive ideas and banned me from the website.

I agree with you El Z having actually experience that on another website where a moderator who had conservative views couldn't tolerate someone with progressive ideas and banned me from the website.

That's not why you were banned and you know that.

• Like 1

That's not why you were banned and you know that.

He was banned because he admitted he came there to get banned. And the fact that he cannot debate in a civil manner.

There is nothing to be gained by this discussion. Same people have been saying the same things to each other for way too many years. Don't engage one another any more. We want everyone here. We don't want this anymore and this is fair warning it's not going to be tolerated.

The professional thing to have done was to use the REPORT feature and explain the context of the post some members have a problem with. Instead, the childish behavior just jumps onto the screen. Act like adults.

Edited by Deputy Barney Fife