2 replies to this topic

#1 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,240 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

Baby attacked and killed by family dog

HALL COUNTY, Ga. - The Hall County Sheriff's Office says a 22-day-old baby has died after being attacked by a dog inside her family's home. 

The sheriff said the attack happened at a home on Gillsville Highway, in a bedroom where the 3-week-old girl was sleeping. 

The baby was rushed to Northeast Georgia Medical Center with serious injuries, where she died, officials said. 

dog attack.jpg

I can't imagine what this family is going through to lose their infant child and family pet. It is hard to imagine your pet attacking your child. At the end of the day a pet is an animal with instincts and you just never know when they will kick in. I have seen dogs kill a cat they have lived with for years. I see pictures of toddlers laying on large dogs on the internet all the time. It always freaks me out most people can't read their dogs when the animal is getting nervous. I can only pray for this family and share the experience so others don't suffer.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#2 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

:cray:

#3 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, there is really not a reason for a baby or toddler to even interact with a dog until they are old enough to understand that it is not a plaything and can be hurt or agitated by the child's actions/behavior.  A dog's prey drive can be easily aroused by a squealing, running child or a crying baby. 

And some dogs by nature simply do not do well with children, period. 

That this tragedy might have been avoided by the simple act of closing the bedroom door makes it that much more heartbreaking. 

Edited by rednekkhikkchikk, 10 July 2019 - 01:54 PM.

• LPPT likes this
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics