Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  

1. "The farthest point on the planet you can be from civilization in any direction is a blip in the Pacific Ocean called Point Nemo."

2. "In toddlers, their adult teeth are right underneath their eyes."

4. "In France, a pig was dressed in human clothes, tried in court and was sentence[d] to death."

5. "Have you ever thought about how whales and dolphins die? When they get too old and weak to swim to the surface to breathe, they start sinking into the cold, dark depths of the ocean, and suffocate."

6. "If you live to become the oldest person alive, the entire human population has been replaced in your lifetime. Except you."

7. "You're a brain inside of a skull. You don't have a skeleton inside of you; you are inside of a skeleton."

Click the link to learn more about these facts!

• Like 1

The first time I ever saw a skull (or model of one) that had both baby and adult teeth intact

I was completely creeped out.

xHctV5nhjMUzlmBVJh0_-BVB6tsF1wzDCWGTI-4A

Mr.Zorro, I am a Lil' confused.... I understand that a PICTURE is worth a 1ooo WORDS

however, is this in RESPONSE to Rednekchik?

you can hit the QUOTE button and respond to her directly like I responded to you. :hi:

If you need a p.com refresher course.... one of us will meet you at the BATCAVE

with laptop. :wub:

I don't see why you should be confused Caped Crusader. I thought it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to rednekkhikkchikk's post as she posted a reference to a skull with both baby and adult teeth. You're chastising me by saying I need a refresher course in responding to posts because I didn't quote her post with my response of the picture. I didn't see you make a public response to her because she didn't quote the OP when she posted her post. It was obvious to me she was responding to the OP, just as it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to her. Now I must ask you, why did you signal me out and ignore her? I've been posting on this site since early 2004, and not once have I seen in this forum or any other forums I frequent such a rule. Perhaps the new ownership should make a post of the new rules in which they want participants here to follow.

• Like 3

I don't see why you should be confused Caped Crusader. I thought it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to rednekkhikkchikk's post as she posted a reference to a skull with both baby and adult teeth. You're chastising me by saying I need a refresher course in responding to posts because I didn't quote her post with my response of the picture. I didn't see you make a public response to her because she didn't quote the OP when she posted her post. It was obvious to me she was responding to the OP, just as it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to her. Now I must ask you, why did you signal me out and ignore her? I've been posting on this site since early 2004, and not once have I seen in this forum or any other forums I frequent such a rule. Perhaps the new ownership should make a post of the new rules in which they want participants here to follow.

Mr. Zorro,

I TRULY was curious, as there was only an IMAGE of a SKULL with NO Explanation. B)

I just thought you weren't aware that you could do this to tell a story and NOT just rely on a picture. :rolleyes:

MY SINCEREST APOLOGY if you took that the WRONG way my Friend :wub:

teeth.jpeg

In Skeptics.SE, a question regarding the skulls of children arose. Depicting a scary skull where the permenent teeth are "hidden" inside the jaws and the milk teeth are in the their place.

After all milk teeth fall out, and the permanent teeth "rise", do the holes left by them filled up, or do we go around with holes in our jaws?

"CLICK" The LINK Below to read the rest of the story :hi:

https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/9015/what-happens-to-the-holes-in-the-skull-where-teeth-were-developing

OMG I didn't realize this could be so confusing for you. She posted she saw a skull or a model of one showing it had both baby and adult teeth and it completely freaked her out. I posted a picture of what she was talking about so others could see. Simple. I guess for now on, it will be necessary to give a detailed explanation to keep you from being confused. Simple enough.

There is no need to be snide in replies. Be mindful this is a place where real people discuss things. If you wouldn't act and say things that are snide in real life, don't do it here. If you do say things that are snide in real life, don't do it here. It is customary to accept an apology when one is genuinely given. We're adults here and we expect members to act like adults. If you are trying to push buttons in an effort to play the martyr, just tell us up front so we can save everyone the effort.

Edited by Deputy Barney Fife

There is no need to be snide in replies. Be mindful this is a place where real people discuss things. If you wouldn't act and say things that are snide in real life, don't do it here. If you do say things that are snide in real life, don't do it here. It is customary to accept an apology when one is genuinely given. We're adults here and we expect members to act like adults. If you are trying to push buttons in an effort to play the martyr, just tell us up front so we can save everyone the effort.

I have to ask (and I am serious) where is the "snide" in the reply?

• Like 1

I have to ask (and I am serious) where is the "snide" in the reply?

When the moderation team is told from several sources that someone is intentionally trying to push buttons to force moderation, it puts responses in a different light.Thread closed.