• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,238 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

1. "The farthest point on the planet you can be from civilization in any direction is a blip in the Pacific Ocean called Point Nemo."

2. "In toddlers, their adult teeth are right underneath their eyes."

4. "In France, a pig was dressed in human clothes, tried in court and was sentence[d] to death."

5. "Have you ever thought about how whales and dolphins die? When they get too old and weak to swim to the surface to breathe, they start sinking into the cold, dark depths of the ocean, and suffocate."

6. "If you live to become the oldest person alive, the entire human population has been replaced in your lifetime. Except you."

7. "You're a brain inside of a skull. You don't have a skeleton inside of you; you are inside of a skeleton."

Click the link to learn more about these facts!

• october likes this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#2 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

The first time I ever saw a skull (or model of one) that had both baby and adult teeth intact

I was completely creeped out. 

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#3 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,812 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:19 AM

xHctV5nhjMUzlmBVJh0_-BVB6tsF1wzDCWGTI-4A

Golly gee willickers.

#4 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

xHctV5nhjMUzlmBVJh0_-BVB6tsF1wzDCWGTI-4A

Mr.Zorro, I am a Lil' confused.... I understand that a PICTURE is worth a 1ooo WORDS

however,  is this in RESPONSE to Rednekchik? 

you can hit the QUOTE button and respond to her directly like I responded to you. :hi:

If you need a p.com refresher course.... one of us will meet you at the BATCAVE

with laptop. :wub:

To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE
Hey Look...gallery_1715_285_2412.gif

med_gallery_1715_534_313548.jpg

#5 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,812 posts

Posted Today, 07:38 PM

I don't see why you should be confused Caped Crusader.  I thought it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to rednekkhikkchikk's post as she posted a reference to a skull with both baby and adult teeth.  You're chastising me by saying I need a refresher course in responding to posts because I didn't quote her post with my response of the picture.  I didn't see you make a public response to her because she didn't quote the OP when she posted her post.  It was obvious to me she was responding to the OP, just as it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to her.  Now I must ask you, why did you signal me out and ignore her?  I've been posting on this site since early 2004, and not once have I seen in this forum or any other forums I frequent such a rule.  Perhaps the new ownership should make a post of the new rules in which they want participants here to follow.

• cptlo306 likes this
Golly gee willickers.

#6 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,677 posts

Posted Today, 08:15 PM

I don't see why you should be confused Caped Crusader.  I thought it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to rednekkhikkchikk's post as she posted a reference to a skull with both baby and adult teeth.  You're chastising me by saying I need a refresher course in responding to posts because I didn't quote her post with my response of the picture.  I didn't see you make a public response to her because she didn't quote the OP when she posted her post.  It was obvious to me she was responding to the OP, just as it was obvious the pic I posted was in response to her.  Now I must ask you, why did you signal me out and ignore her?  I've been posting on this site since early 2004, and not once have I seen in this forum or any other forums I frequent such a rule.  Perhaps the new ownership should make a post of the new rules in which they want participants here to follow.

Mr. Zorro,

I TRULY was curious, as there was only an IMAGE of a SKULL with NO Explanation. B)

I just thought you weren't aware that you could do this to tell a story and NOT just rely on a picture. :rolleyes:

MY SINCEREST APOLOGY if you took that the WRONG way my Friend :wub:

teeth.jpeg

In Skeptics.SE, a question regarding the skulls of children arose. Depicting a scary skull where the permenent teeth are "hidden" inside the jaws and the milk teeth are in the their place.

After all milk teeth fall out, and the permanent teeth "rise", do the holes left by them filled up, or do we go around with holes in our jaws?

"CLICK" The LINK Below to read the rest of the story :hi:

https://biology.stac...were-developing

To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE
Hey Look...gallery_1715_285_2412.gif

med_gallery_1715_534_313548.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics