Paulding.com

Paulding.com is under NEW Ownership! effective 7.1.2019

paulding.com is under New Ownership Effective 7.1.2019

Paulding.com is under NEW Ownership
Effective 7.1.2019

Pubby,  is no longer at the helm of Paulding.com. Effective 7.1.2019
Paulding.com’s very own “Caped Crusader put together a TEAM of people that
❤️❤️❤️’s this community as much if not more than each one of you reading this statement!

So, ALL the good things you remember about paulding.com that made our community the best
place to live work and play in this great state of Georgia will continue!

“Our Community” has been divided and God willing this is the beginning of the healing process
 and great things to come for “Our Community”

The new owners are a # TEAMof9

They are functioning like a co-op and value the input of it’s community members and would like
to invite anyone that is part of the Paulding community to participate in the reorganizing
of Paulding.com and that is a community website designed to enhance the enjoyment of life’s Journey
where most of us live work and play.

We would like to personally invite YOU to come and be a part of the process of creating the
NEW Paulding.com!

In the coming days you will notice changes on the website!

Please, enjoy the improvements! !

Be kind to your neighbor and above all laugh daily! !!

Caped Crusader

paulding.com UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!

• Like 7

I sincerely wish all of you only the very, very best of luck with your new venture! I think it’s great!

I, for one, will not miss the “down with everything I don’t agree with posters.”

If I see or hear of any informative information you can be sure I will post about it!

Best of luck folks!! :)

• Like 1

Caped - you and I met a few years ago at the Sam's gas pumps, if memory serves. I'm sure you know I'm one of the admins at another forum, but since we've chosen not pursue a commercial venture at this time, we're not in competition with you.

I have always taken you as being a good guy, so I'll wish you well on your new venture.

• Like 2

I have know evidence what so ever that this is true. And there is absolutely no reason to believe it. But I heard he became an Uber driver. And last anybody heard a rich drunk guy has hired him to drive to California. He was gonna check in from the road.

Ought to be a hell of a story.

Nothing happened to pubby ... well, I'm going to change my screen name ... but I'm on the board of the new pcom and I'm actively helping move the site on toward its natural purpose - connecting the community.

But I'll be 69 this coming October and, while I have no concerning health issues, when Caped Crusader came to me with his plan; it answered some critical questions I had regarding the site. Hey, this is just the best way forward :) and I'm happy to help it along.

Gpatton

I have know evidence what so ever that this is true. And there is absolutely no reason to believe it. But I heard he became an Uber driver. And last anybody heard a rich drunk guy has hired him to drive to California. He was gonna check in from the road.
Ought to be a hell of a story.

Damn ... I wish I'd thought of that :)

Feel free to run with it. This could turn in to that book you know is inside you.

I have a few ideas about a side trip you'd take to San Francisco. It goes into a short To Wong Foo esk chapter from there. Until Seattle that is. One word......grunge. Bringing it back and touring your way back across the country.

So many ideas.

Caped - you and I met a few years ago at the Sam's gas pumps, if memory serves. I'm sure you know I'm one of the admins at another forum, but since we've chosen not pursue a commercial venture at this time, we're not in competition with you.

I have always taken you as being a good guy, so I'll wish you well on your new venture.

maybe one day in the near future we all will break bead @ a p.com

social or a fundraiser.

Happy Fourth of July my friend!

:friends: :hi: :wub: :)

• Like 1

A few very negative posts were set invisible in this thread. If you want to be a Negative Nellie or just bash the site and moderation, don't. It won't be tolerated. There is enough negativity on the 24/7 news channels and we won't tolerate mimicking that here. One poster brought politics into this thread and that will no longer be acceptable either.

I'll try to be positive in this post....

The first step in fixing any problem is admitting that there is a problem. Paulding.com has a problem. The posting activity has decreased dramatically over the last few years. That's the problem. This isn't a secret. All one has to do is look at all the forums with no new posts in years to see the lack of active threads.

There are different viewpoints on the reasons for this decline but there doesn't appear to be any cold hard proof that one viewpoint is right. The way to find the root cause of the problem is to get feedback from people that are affected by the problem. Ignoring or hiding feedback that isn't positive just makes the problem worse.

Can paulding.com get back to it's former glory days? Maybe...it's going to be tough in the world we live in now with alternatives like Facebook, NextDoor, DallasHwy, Twitter, etc. But paulding.com certainly has a better chance if open feedback is not only allowed but encouraged.

• Like 7
260433_1832438177389_7966754_n.jpg?_nc_c

I'll try to be positive in this post....

The first step in fixing any problem is admitting that there is a problem. Paulding.com has a problem. The posting activity has decreased dramatically over the last few years. That's the problem. This isn't a secret. All one has to do is look at all the forums with no new posts in years to see the lack of active threads.

There are different viewpoints on the reasons for this decline but there doesn't appear to be any cold hard proof that one viewpoint is right. The way to find the root cause of the problem is to get feedback from people that are affected by the problem. Ignoring or hiding feedback that isn't positive just makes the problem worse.

Can paulding.com get back to it's former glory days? Maybe...it's going to be tough in the world we live in now with alternatives like Facebook, NextDoor, DallasHwy, Twitter, etc. But paulding.com certainly has a better chance if open feedback is not only allowed but encouraged.

The Team Of NINE Know there is a PROBLEM.

We Appreciate YOU and EVERYONE!

PLease, START a NEW THREAD in the Internet Café for EVERONE

to CHIME in Their POSITIVE/CREATIVE Thoughts on ACHEIVING

That GOAL

after all Paulding.com is your site too!

I think we need NO MORE than 10 forums!

Luv Ya

Caped :wub:

I'm in FIJI I with Family for Holiday! :shok: :wub: :lol:

• Like 2

65911923_10214211804795745_6155244161634

Paulding.com is under NEW Ownership

Effective 7.1.2019

Pubby, is no longer at the helm of Paulding.com. Effective 7.1.2019

Paulding.com’s very own “Caped Crusader put together a TEAM of people that

❤️❤️❤️’s this community as much if not more than each one of you reading this statement!

So, ALL the good things you remember about paulding.com that made our community the best

place to live work and play in this great state of Georgia will continue!

“Our Community” has been divided and God willing this is the beginning of the healing process

and great things to come for “Our Community”

The new owners are a # TEAMof9

They are functioning like a co-op and value the input of it’s community members and would like

to invite anyone that is part of the Paulding community to participate in the reorganizing

of Paulding.com and that is a community website designed to enhance the enjoyment of life’s Journey

where most of us live work and play.

We would like to personally invite YOU to come and be a part of the process of creating the

NEW Paulding.com!

In the coming days you will notice changes on the website!

Please, enjoy the improvements! !

Be kind to your neighbor and above all laugh daily! !!

Caped Crusader

66330382_10214215927218803_1548992204549

Yea. Bring it back to what it used to be, thank you.

• Like 2

I realized this morning I’m enjoying the New Paulding.Com. For years I had my settings set to see topics discussed in the last 24 hours. When that setting got down to only showing 4 or 5 topics, I changed it to show topics discussed in the past week. When that setting only showed 4 or 5 topics discussed in the last week, I changed it to show topics discussed in the last 2 weeks. Just prior to the unveiling of the New Paulding.Com, I was down to approaching 10 topics shown for the past 2 weeks. Already I’ve changed my setting back to show topics discussed in the past week and there are 23 topics showing.

Keep it up.

• Like 1

I realized this morning I’m enjoying the New Paulding.Com. For years I had my settings set to see topics discussed in the last 24 hours. When that setting got down to only showing 4 or 5 topics, I changed it to show topics discussed in the past week. When that setting only showed 4 or 5 topics discussed in the last week, I changed it to show topics discussed in the last 2 weeks. Just prior to the unveiling of the New Paulding.Com, I was down to approaching 10 topics shown for the past 2 weeks. Already I’ve changed my setting back to show topics discussed in the past week and there are 23 topics showing.

Keep it up

Thank You for taking the time to share your observation.

We are trying to do a change to a few changes on a daily BASIS! :good:

We kinda took off the Holiday Weekend off

to spend time with FAMILY

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I pray that you and your family made much LAUGHTER my Friend! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Caped :wub:

• Like 1

Nothing happened to pubby ... well, I'm going to change my screen name ... but I'm on the board of the new pcom and I'm actively helping move the site on toward its natural purpose - connecting the community.

But I'll be 69 this coming October and, while I have no concerning health issues, when Caped Crusader came to me with his plan; it answered some critical questions I had regarding the site. Hey, this is just the best way forward :) and I'm happy to help it along.

Gpatton

Damn ... I wish I'd thought of that :)

So, nothing has changed.?. Right?

It's still going to be cut throat here. Is this what I am reading?

So, nothing has changed.?. Right?

It's still going to be cut throat here. Is this what I am reading?

Mach4,

Good Morning! :good:

Change is a 2 way street. :wub:

We are PULLING the weeds out of the p.com garden

so the fruit will flourish. Unfortunately, some of the weeds still

have thorns. :rolleyes:

this is a Community site designed with Community in Mind

hope you will be part of the community. :friends: :wub:

Please spread the word

Caped

• Like 2

I miss the hairdresser and crafter fights. Those were so much less predictable and way more entertaining than the political stuff. Don't miss the "mean girls" club. You always knew what was coming from them.

• Like 1

I have a question. It tells me that I can not start a new topic. Are there a new set of rules on this. This is my first time back in quite some time, so I'm out of the loop. :unknw:

you should be able to post a NEW Topic.... what forum are you trying to post in?

I have a question. It tells me that I can not start a new topic. Are there a new set of rules on this. This is my first time back in quite some time, so I'm out of the loop. :unknw:

I have done some research so I need to ask what forum you want and how you are getting to the forum? I don't need to know what you want to post. We are looking into bugs with browsers as a cause for some issues so I need to know what you have tried. Your permissions are good and it shows you have been a very good poster with no moderation. We are definitely glad to see you back. We hope you stick around as we go trough the changes. :give_rose:

I have done some research so I need to ask what forum you want and how you are getting to the forum? I don't need to know what you want to post. We are looking into bugs with browsers as a cause for some issues so I need to know what you have tried. Your permissions are good and it shows you have been a very good poster with no moderation. We are definitely glad to see you back. We hope you stick around as we go trough the changes. :give_rose:

LOL... it was just me being goofy, apparently. I think I was trying to start it up on the fastread. It's been so long, that I had forgotten how. I wanted to start one in the internet cafe. I don't know the rules now though. Is it ok to ask about some police activity at a certain location in Paulding? I know in the old days that was ok.

LOL... it was just me being goofy, apparently. I think I was trying to start it up on the fastread. It's been so long, that I had forgotten how. I wanted to start one in the internet cafe. I don't know the rules now though. Is it ok to ask about some police activity at a certain location in Paulding? I know in the old days that was ok.

We definitely want you to post about police activity. We will be setting up a forum for citizen news and journalism. Each month we will create a poll with that month's articles so people can vote. The winner will receive a cash prize.

Go to the top of the page see the activity tab click it drop it down and see to the left an all activity tab that is your recent topics button. Of course clicking forums gives you the tab on the right to start new topic. It is not as fancy as the old board. But it has some new features especially being mobile friendly that we need.

• 4 months later...