Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

County helping Costco

County helping Costco land deal for new store as Walmart expands existing Dallas location

County officials say they are doing all they can to help national retailer Costco complete a deal to bring its new store and possibly hundreds of jobs to Paulding.

And another national retailer, Walmart, is investing almost $3 million for renovations to its Dallas store which operates on the same road.

The Paulding County government is working with the two parties to complete the deal for Costco’s planned site on Charles Hardy Parkway in Dallas months after it submitted plans for the store, County Chairman Dave Carmichael said.

Costco representatives submitted plans in 2018 which featured a 152,000-square-foot building and 765 parking spaces on a 25-acre site at 1577 Charles Hardy Parkway near Old Griffin Road.

The job recruitment company ZipRecruiter said on its website the average Costco worker makes about $25,000 annually.

However, Costco executives recently announced the company was increasing its minimum wage to $15 an hour after it reported higher than anticipated earnings this year, U.S. News and World Report reported

• Like 2

I really hope they come.....I prefer them to Sams.

I agree and I really hope it works out and we get a Costco. Their meat is GREAT,

I’m excited. I see this as an opportunity to draw tax dollars in from West Cobb. I don’t see it hurting Sam’s in Hiram, they will still bring in Tax dollars from Powder Springs and Austell.

I read the start date on project is next year, it is has been delayed.