12 replies to this topic

#1 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:42 PM

On Sat, I drove past the entrance to the Reservoir and saw signs saying "Tours" pointing towards the dam.    I wanted to stop but had a bunch going on.  

Turns out they had a "Field Day" with tours of the dam, water building and stuff.  Wish I had known ahead of time.

Did anyone get to go?  I'm interesting in how its' going since the project is claimed to start supplying water to us within 7 months. 

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#2 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

On Sat, I drove past the entrance to the Reservoir and saw signs saying "Tours" pointing towards the dam.    I wanted to stop but had a bunch going on.  

Turns out they had a "Field Day" with tours of the dam, water building and stuff.  Wish I had known ahead of time.

Did anyone get to go?  I'm interesting in how its' going since the project is claimed to start supplying water to us within 7 months.

. Lol well they named it right “Richman” they raised my taxes to help pay for it... and I am not a richman lol but we really do need the reservoir.

#3 watcher

watcher

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

. Lol well they named it right “Richman” they raised my taxes to help pay for it... and I am not a richman lol but we really do need the reservoir.

It is Richland Creek Reservior

Given any kind of task the male and female brain light up with differing levels of activity in various cortical sections. This brain activity is universal and gender based.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
Gerald R Ford

#4 mimosaflower

mimosaflower

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

They have been talking about that thing for at least 10 years. Slow as molasses.

#5 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:06 PM

It is Richland Creek Reservior

opps

#6 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

Well, it's closer than I got the first time, I kept wanting to call it the Raccoon Creek Reservoir.  

Any way, they keep claiming it's on target to complete in 2019.    I don't see how they can finish the dam, get it approved to fill and then fill it during the 6 driest months of the year without "those" people downstream screaming bloody murder that we're taking their water. 

We shall see I guess.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#7 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:04 AM

Where exactly is it?

#8 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

61N, just a mile or so past Dabbs Bridge Rd.    I think they are supposed to open it for fishing in a few years, that will be nice to have a lake so close.

#9 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:36 PM

You know what fish DO in that water?
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#10 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

Moana: "Fish pee in you! All DAY!!  So...   Hrmmmp!" 

• mrshoward likes this

#11 mimosaflower

mimosaflower

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

What did the fish say when he swam into a wall?....Dam
  • The Sound Guy, juleebella and Guard Dad like this

#12 oneijack

oneijack

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:57 AM

Now we just need a outdoor public gun range. That way my neighbors can go somewhere just before hunting season and my neighborhood doesn't sound like we are being overrun by the Vietcong.

#13 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

yes...they do doo in it too lol and they even make baby fishes lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics