Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

Here's a joke, according to "The Atlantic"

Trump took his ball and went home. I guess he will just be eating cheeseburgers and watching Fox News for the rest of his term. Oh and tweeting lots and lots of tweeting.

Trump took his ball and went home. I guess he will just be eating cheeseburgers and watching Fox News for the rest of his term. Oh and tweeting lots and lots of tweeting.

He could do that....along with other things like continuing to cut regulations and appointing judges,

• Like 5

He could do that....along with other things like continuing to cut regulations and appointing judges,

Which regulations do you want to see cut ?

Here are a few that he has.

Requirement for oil and gas companies to report methane emissions leaks

Rule that limits toxic emissions from industrial facilities

Proposed rule to reduce air pollutants from sewage treatment plants

Rules aimed at cutting landfill methane emissions

In the Process of Being Overturned

Delayed rule regulating toxic discharges from power plants into public waterways

Proposed rule rolling back groundwater protections for certain uranium mines

Two programs that limit children’s exposure to lead paint

https://news.bloombergenvironment.com/environment-and-energy/26-environmental-rules-being-rolled-back-in-the-trump-era

Surely it must fill you with pride to know that your president and party has now allowed waste to fill our waterways and lead to poison our children.

Congratulations

Edited by CitizenCain

You're arguing with people who have zero understanding of economics. One of them can't even run an internet forum.

• Like 6

You're arguing with people who have zero understanding of economics. One of them can't even run an internet forum.

We know that you and your kind have no problem with poisoning the planet and people in exchange for a higher profit margin.

We know that you're willing to trade crumbling bridges unsafe roads and people's health and wellbeing in exchange for billionaire tax cuts.

We know you favor corporate wellfare over social welfare.

Edited by CitizenCain

We know that you and your kind have no problem with poisoning the planet and people in exchange for a higher profit margin.

We know that you're willing to trade crumbling bridges unsafe roads and people's health and wellbeing in exchange for billionaire tax cuts.

Well, there's the typical programmed partisan response from the brain dead loyal Democrat.

What your party worship has taught you to believe is that anyone who doesn't get on board with your politically slanted junk science is a denier and wants to poison the planet. The irony of this is that most of you with your heads up Al Gore's but actually know very little about science.

Here's a good article that really nails what is happening because of the radical, junk science agenda that liberals are pushing. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/02/28/the-insiders-liberals-are-destroying-the-planet/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5ac55b144526

The left is actually damaging the planet because they insist on politicizing the issue and driving their extreme claims such as we only have 12 years left. As usual, you polarize the electorate into two warring sides instead of encouraging Americans to meet in the reasonable middle and use real science to find real solutions. The Democrats don't give a damn about the planet, they just use the issue to appeal to the emotions and ignorance of their supporters.

If you really knew anything about science, Cain, you would also know that recent findings have shown that the math used on some of the studies often cited was bad. There are also some good indication that many of the metrics used were flawed. There was a study just weeks ago that shows most of the previously accepted studies simply don't add up.

I would link them for you, but I keep hoping that you and some others where will someday take the initiative to open a search engine and look for themselves to find the answers. And I mean real answers, not just what supports your politically motivated beliefs.

BTW...I will remind you once again that when you venture into issues of climate change and other matters involving science, you might want to realize that you're bumping hears here with some people who are engineers and/or trained in many areas of science, including thermodynamics.

Put another way...be careful of spewing the Democrat's BS talking points against people who actually know what we're talking about.

• Like 2

The joke: " it is Infrastructure week"

pubby

The joke, pubby, is Pelosi and the gang claiming that they want to do anything to help Americans. The Democrat's entire agenda right now is to take down president Trump, and they are completely willing to do great damage to our country to accomplish it.

They have lied, fabricated charges, and they continue to do so over and over. They have nothing, and they know it. This is why they continue to fabricate lies and foster hate against the man.

They are not going to take Trump down because they have nothing that will stick, and they know that. Trump will almost certainly be reelected and serve another term, and they know that too. If they really wanted to do what's right for this country, they would drop the fabricated charges and investigations and work with the man and the other party to get something done.

They have pushed and pushed to the point where Trump is fighting back with his own investigation. And you're not going to like where this goes. Some of your precious Democrats are going down, maybe a lot of them. And it will be because of REAL corruption and REAL obstruction.

This next phase is of your own creation, and I think it's going to be fun!

• Like 4

Well, there's the typical programmed partisan response from the brain dead loyal Democrat.

What your party worship has taught you to believe is that anyone who doesn't get on board with your politically slanted junk science is a denier and wants to poison the planet. The irony of this is that most of you with your heads up Al Gore's but actually know very little about science.

Here's a good article that really nails what is happening because of the radical, junk science agenda that liberals are pushing. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/02/28/the-insiders-liberals-are-destroying-the-planet/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5ac55b144526

The left is actually damaging the planet because they insist on politicizing the issue and driving their extreme claims such as we only have 12 years left. As usual, you polarize the electorate into two warring sides instead of encouraging Americans to meet in the reasonable middle and use real science to find real solutions. The Democrats don't give a damn about the planet, they just use the issue to appeal to the emotions and ignorance of their supporters.

If you really knew anything about science, Cain, you would also know that recent findings have shown that the math used on some of the studies often cited was bad. There are also some good indication that many of the metrics used were flawed. There was a study just weeks ago that shows most of the previously accepted studies simply don't add up.

I would link them for you, but I keep hoping that you and some others where will someday take the initiative to open a search engine and look for themselves to find the answers. And I mean real answers, not just what supports your politically motivated beliefs.

BTW...I will remind you once again that when you venture into issues of climate change and other matters involving science, you might want to realize that you're bumping hears here with some people who are engineers and/or trained in many areas of science, including thermodynamics.

Put another way...be careful of spewing the Democrat's BS talking points against people who actually know what we're talking about.

When I want a scientific opinion I'll ask a real scientist, not some know it all high school dropout.

When I want a scientific opinion I'll ask a real scientist, not some know it all high school dropout.

I did, in fact, drop out of high school. Sometimes young people make poor choices. And then some of us find a way to move past those mistakes and get an education and become successful.

After I quit high school, I earned my diploma another way, went to tech school for two different courses, then I took a six month course at Georgia Power followed by several online classes and manufacturer's training schools. I hold four state professional licenses and occasionally work as an engineering and design consultant for several manufacturers and as an expert consultant and investigator for several law firms and insurance companies. That's on top of my day jobs. Stop by my office some time and I'll show you the licenses, diplomas and certificates on the wall.

A lot of people here know most of that, so you once again made a damn fool of yourself. But, that's pretty much a frequent thing for you, so no surprise there.

I did, in fact, drop out of high school. Sometimes young people make poor choices. And then some of us find a way to move past those mistakes and get an education and become successful.

After I quit high school, I earned my diploma another way, went to tech school for two different courses, then I took a six month course at Georgia Power followed by several online classes and manufacturer's training schools. I hold four state professional licenses and occasionally work as an engineering and design consultant for several manufacturers and as an expert consultant and investigator for several law firms and insurance companies. That's on top of my day jobs. Stop by my office some time and I'll show you the licenses, diplomas and certificates on the wall.

A lot of people here know most of that, so you once again made a damn fool of yourself. But, that's pretty much a frequent thing for you, so no surprise there.

I don't think a degree in air conditioning repair qualifies you as an environmental scientist. 8)

I don't think a degree in air conditioning repair qualifies you as an environmental scientist. 8)

You really have no idea what I do. And that is not one of the degrees I hold.

I'm in the commercial and industrial part of the trade. It's a whole different animal.

But please continue to demonstrate your envy and ignorance. It's pretty entertaining.

You really have no idea what I do. And that is not one of the degrees I hold.

I'm in the commercial and industrial part of the trade. It's a whole different animal.

But please continue to demonstrate your envy and ignorance. It's pretty entertaining.

Even more entertaining is your obsession with me, if you like I could send you photos. 8P

Edited by CitizenCain

Even more entertaining is your obsession with me, if you like I could send you photos. 8P

You seem quite obsessed with him; after all you posted the other day how many topics he started on another site.

• Like 2

You seem quite obsessed with him; after all you posted the other day how many topics he started on another site.

He really does have some kind of perverted obsession with me. I'm starting to wonder if it's some kind of gay thing with him. I realize the guy probably hasn't had any in decades, but he needs to understand that I'm a happily married man who doesn't bat from that side of the plate. But he's a liberal, and liberal guys aren't real men anyway.

And now he wants to send me photos. Creepy!

Edited by Guard Dad
  • Like 1

You're really bad at persuasion.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

• Like 1

I'm closing this topic because it has gotten waaaay toooo personal.

I will leave you with the thought of the oath of office duty to faithfully execute the laws of the land with taking one's ball and going home bcause you were 'out' at first and its your ball. (I actually experienced this from a neighbor when growing up ... and we never played ball with him again.)

pubby

PS: The article in the WAPO was an editorial that basically suggests that the answer to global warming is to create environmentally sustainable micro environments with each community fending for itself. It fails to recognize that the actions in spewing billions of tons of Co2 into the atmosphere for profit will doom untold numbers of communities as well as species of to extinction. What is so sad about this is this is the course we've been on. The author of the article fails to mention that suspicions were there in the 50's and the facts were known in the 60s and they've gotten us to where we are today. What the author also fails to mention is that the cost of renewable energy (solar/wind) coupled with a variety of storage strategies including battery, conversion to hydrogen and pumped hydro are all already more cost efficient than either centralized nuclear or gas or coal fired peak producing plants.

The problem is not with the cost or ability of new technology to provide all the energy we need; the problem is with the politics of entrenched interests in the fossil fuel industry which has arguably benefited more than any other industry by the industrial revolution. Said differently, these greedy sons of bitches bought political power to maintain their industry despite the fact that continuing the use of their product will kill us all.

That is the big lie that all this confusion is about. It is no coincidence that Trump is most cozy with Russia (oil and gas) and Saudi Arabia (Oil and gas) and that the US is also the top producer. The profits from this industry go into private hands and costs (pollution, global climate change, sea-level rise, etc.) are all borne by the public.

The oil industry, which is highly aligned with dictatorships around the globe, has no problem trying to flip the USA into that governing mold. Profits are bigger because all possible costs are externalized by political manipulation.