Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

PSA: If your tags are due in May / early June DO NOT WAIT!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

I saw in the AJC this morning that all State/County Tag offices will be closed this Friday (and many are closing on Thursday or earlier) and not re-open until May 28th or later due to a software change at the state level as the state moves to a new system.  (I'm sure the staff will enjoy the extended 4 day holiday weekend!  :) )

However, with the track record of our State Government and their software testing, it could be days beyond that before the software actually starts working and they can process tags again. 

Get those tags submitted if you don't like long lines!!  Not sure if they will wave late fines and fees if the outage extends past your birthday!

The Paulding County Gov web site reports:

The Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) is installing a new state-of-the-art system, Georgia Driver Record and Integrated Vehicle Enterprise System (DRIVES), to upgrade and modernize the vehicle registration and titling system. The new Georgia DRIVES system will enable more self-service options, improve customer service, and enhance data integrity

Beginning 23rd of May, some online vehicle services and location hours may be reduced in preparation for the system upgrade. Implementation of the new system will require the vehicle registrations and titling services to be unavailable Friday, May 24. During June, customers may experience longer than normal wait times when visiting the tag office. Vehicle owners with renewal dates in May and June who normally renew in person are encouraged to do so prior to May 20 to avoid delays.  Individuals who ordinarily renew online will not experience delays.  

“The Tag Office will be closing at 12 noon on May 23, 2019 and will be reopening May 28, 2019 at 8:00 AM. Our office wants to continue providing excellent customer service leading up to the Memorial Day launch of the Georgia DRIVES system, which will improve efficiencies both in Paulding County and throughout the State. It is important for residents to be aware of which services will not be available leading up to Memorial Day and for them to plan accordingly.”

PS.  Glad to see that the GA government policy of bad Acronyms is still in full force!   Wonder how many hours were paid out to people to think of that particular one. LOL.  

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#2 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:00 AM

Why be so critical SG?

I mean, sure, it probably took two or three days of thinking and running around memos to make the DRIVES acronym official  but you're totally discounting the time saved by such acronyms by those who print, read or use the acronym to communicate about it.

If you're right and this transition is a total CF, this truncation of the Georgia Driver Record and Integrated Vehicle Enterprise System to DRIVES, will save the citizens literally minutes as they compose their letters of complaint :)

pubby

#3 oneijack

oneijack

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

Paulding tag office will be closing at 12pm tomorrow Thursday the 23rd  and not reopening till Tuesday the 28th at 8am.

#4 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

Side note on a similar vein.

Had to visit our new DDS (Dept. of Driver Services) Office yesterday. Pretty nice place, fairly efficient, going in prepared equaled a fairly painless experience. Only complaint would be they have the PA system cranked to be heard over a full room of talking people and screaming young'ns. That first announcement I thought we were under attack or something.

• The Sound Guy and CitizenCain like this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#5 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:22 AM

Went last week, first thing I noticed they had 14 terminals with 3 open for business. I thought who are they kidding there will never actually be 14 DMV employees working here at one time.  I concluded it was either just for show or they had money in the budget they had to spend on something.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#6 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

Cain:

The 14 points of contact were probably designed for the capacities projected in the future.

I think some of the population projections have Paulding with a population of over 300,000 people by 2050.

paulding2050 population.JPG

Right now, Paulding has more population than any county in NW GA; about 40,000 than Floyd Co (Rome). The projections show Paulding with 130,000 more residents than Floyd in 30 years.

When it comes to building infrastructure - and a tag office is 'infrastructure' - you plan ahead.

Another example.  In 1990 when we built the present jail, Paulding's old jail could hold maybe 30 folks. The one built could hold about 230. The one being built now will hold between 600-700 inmates.

Of course the jail Paulding had in 1990 was built in mid century when Paulding had 25,000 or so residents (about the population in 1980) but by 1990, we had 40,000 residents.

For the record, Paulding has nearly 160,000 residents now so the population projections, assuming Trump doesn't end up in a nuclear war in which all bets are off; Paulding, being in the foothills of the Appalachians and it is a little cooler in the mountains :), the 300,000 population in 30 years is within reason.

pubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics