11 replies to this topic

#1 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

My DH bought me the Time Life series of all the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame concerts. Holy Goodness! Great Mother's Day gift if you're my age and into that. I am my age and into it. Let's see if we can keep this from turning into a political discussion. My goodness, legends singing and playing instruments with other legends, just amazing!
  • Guard Dad likes this

#2 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,485 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:29 AM

Congratulations!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#3 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,781 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

I'm actually surprised that Cheap Trick made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but Pat Benatar has not.

Golly gee willickers.

#4 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

adeline Kahn were trained originally in formal opera. One went on to be someone in great films for hav

I'm actually surprised that Cheap Trick made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but Pat Benatar has not.

Not right. She is so amazing!

#5 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

Do any of have you have cats who insist on taking over your key boards/lives?

Not right. She is so amazing!
[/quote]

#6 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

Anyway, worked with a great girl/woman back in the late 70's. Yes, I'm old. Her husband, who was in a really good band at the time said Pat Benatar, along with Madeline was ballsy. Coming from a male in a rock band I would say that's a pretty good endorsement.

From what I've read over the years both she along with Madeline Kahn were actually trained in opera. One went on to be an amazing rock voice, and the other carried her voice to some of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I shant sing rom Love Is A Battlefield or do quotes from Young Frankenstein/Blazing Saddles.

#7 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

Speaking of old have you seen the video going around of Mick Jagger doing dance routines weeks after having heart surgery ? The guy is pushing 80 and still moves like he's 20. 

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#8 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

Speaking of old have you seen the video going around of Mick Jagger doing dance routines weeks after having heart surgery ? The guy is pushing 80 and still moves like he's 20. 

Indeed I have and indeed he does!

#9 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

My DH bought me the Time Life series of all the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame concerts. Holy Goodness! Great Mother's Day gift if you're my age and into that. I am my age and into it. Let's see if we can keep this from turning into a political discussion. My goodness, legends singing and playing instruments with other legends, just amazing!

Well I was all ready to buy this for myself but saw where some said it was less actual music than they had expected and more interviews and stuff so I changed my mind. 

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#10 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,534 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

I think Jagger is pretty amazing but I never could understand how he could be thought of as any kind of sex symbol. Ewwwwww!
  • october likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#11 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

I think Jagger is pretty amazing but I never could understand how he could be thought of as any kind of sex symbol. Ewwwwww!

Gosh, RM ... you do know the mere fact he was considered a sex symbol .... gave millions of less musically talented men .... dare I say it ... hope :)

pubby

#12 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

:good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics