3 replies to this topic

#1 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

I really need for all the weather people to employ my big girl dog. She was in her go to safe place in a corner of the kitchen when I was just hearing rumblings far off. Then the weather really went crazy. She stayed there for quite a while, an hour or more? She'd been in that safe spot for at least an hour plus before I got a weather alert on my phone. Dogs are so great and intuitive. Ivey says we're all in the clear now!

#2 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

Before, during and after the storm. Not a solitary dang given.
I Don't Care if it's Noon https://imgur.com/gallery/lIm5ljI
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#3 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

Again, bless you! My little old Jackwawwa was not concerned about the weather, but Big Girl (Ivey, pit mix, 80 lbs) let her Mommy (me) know that things were scary and not good. After the storms passed she went back about her normal business.
  • CreativeOne likes this

#4 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

Dawww! :wub:

She has settled right in!

Mine paces, shakes, and her ears go up like a rabbit's when there are storms.  She used to sit in the closet but now she gets under the bed.

No doubt your dog could forecast at least as well as the local weather folks, sometimes I think they would do better to look out the window than at all those computer models...

• october likes this
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics