Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blunt Trauma

Gardening Taken WAY to Seriously

This is my problem with so many people carrying guns - there is a difference between getting your ass whipped and a threat that warrants pulling a gun in a public place and firing it. Not enough people have the sense to respond in an appropriate manner.

So two lives have been upended over a disagreement, and it was damned fortunate nobody else was injured or killed.

In my opinion, people like this are a bigger danger than the possibility of someone opening fire with the intent of taking out a lot of people wherever I happen to be.

I can remember when there was a much higher threshold of danger required before it was acceptable to fire a gun at someone in 'self defense'...especially in public.

• Like 2

I get the point about guns. And I don't know who jumped who. But assuming that the 33 yo wouldn't get off the 62 yo, if that old man is me, I'm assuming one of us has to die. At that point if I have to get a piece of rebar out of the concrete section I'm going to try my best to make it him. Gun or long piece of steel, either way it's going to be bad ugly.

• Like 2

Shooter released from custody. They don't let you go without arraignment on a shooting unless evidence is pretty plain for it being justified.

• Like 2

I get the point about guns. And I don't know who jumped who. But assuming that the 33 yo wouldn't get off the 62 yo, if that old man is me, I'm assuming one of us has to die. At that point if I have to get a piece of rebar out of the concrete section I'm going to try my best to make it him. Gun or long piece of steel, either way it's going to be bad ugly.

Agreed. I don’t carry a gun. But if by chance someone were to follow this 65 year old through a Home Depot or WalMart being aggressive and not get off me... I can think of lots of items I could use to protect myself. I’ll bet Round Up In the eyes or a gallon of paint to the head or a golf club to the crotch might work nicely.

I don't know where they keep the golf clubs in the Depot, but machetes are one isle over from the door they came through.

Just sayin', ugly is ugly when it comes necessary. The tool is the only thing in question.

• Like 1

Given that today is World Naked Gardening day, I thought that might be what this thread was about.

Heh

• Like 1

He must have gotten better servive at the customer service desk than I usually do. ROFL

• Like 2