Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

tv channels not playing

I have att/direct tv. Channels 2,5, 11 & 46 are not working. I checked with my sister who also has direct TV & same thing. Anyone here have Comcast or something else, are those channels working for you?

Me too. I called direct tv and they had a recording saying that they were experiencing technical difficulties with some channels. So..........

Me too. I called direct tv and they had a recording saying that they were experiencing technical difficulties with some channels. So..........

Ok, it's back on now. No explanation.

One possibility is sunspots (solar flares). These are common in the spring and fall, and when they occur they can block some of the satellite signals.

Direct TV dishes now receive from multiple satellites, so that can explain loss of some channels but not others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_outage

• Like 2

One possibility is sunspots (solar flares). These are common in the spring and fall, and when they occur they can block some of the satellite signals.

Direct TV dishes now receive from multiple satellites, so that can explain loss of some channels but not others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_outage

We are in a minimum as far as sunspots. No flares. You just have ATT. Worst company there is.

What you are thinking about is called sunout and is caused when sun is behind satellite. Used to be a problem

with the big dish and c band, but never lasted more then a few minutes.

• Like 1