yo! ×
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

how to dispose of computer

I have an old tower (used to be WXP) installed W7 & it was even slower) anyways, I hate to put it in the trash, how do ya'll dispose of old computer, safely? I don't really know if anyone could get any ofmy info off of it..

Do you have a rifle that needs to be sighted in? Maybe a sledge hammer and an old interalized grudge? Leaves that need burning?

There's only so far anybody's going to go that might just happen across it after it's tossed.

Unless you're actually some sort of international spy or overly wealthy individual.

Do you have a rifle that needs to be sighted in? Maybe a sledge hammer and an old interalized grudge? Leaves that need burning?

There's only so far anybody's going to go that might just happen across it after it's tossed.

Unless you're actually some sort of international spy or overly wealthy individual.

:lol: Ha, not a spy & most definitely not wealthy.

If you live near seven hills, the Count recycling place will take it free of charge. They recycle the electronics and metal case.

If I'm not sure if there is vital personal data on it, i.e. saved passwords, ss#, turbotax data, I woudl remove the hard disk first. (I now have a stack of them in the basement)

There are programs you can download that will wipe the disk, or just take out the hard disk, unscrew the cover until you can see the disks and hit them with a hammer. they, will be pretty much toast at that point. I'm waiting until my next trip down to the hunting club and going to use my set to sight in the old' muzzle loader. :D

• Like 1

If you live near seven hills, the Count recycling place will take it free of charge. They recycle the electronics and metal case.

If I'm not sure if there is vital personal data on it, i.e. saved passwords, ss#, turbotax data, I woudl remove the hard disk first. (I now have a stack of them in the basement)

There are programs you can download that will wipe the disk, or just take out the hard disk, unscrew the cover until you can see the disks and hit them with a hammer. they, will be pretty much toast at that point. I'm waiting until my next trip down to the hunting club and going to use my set to sight in the old' muzzle loader. :D

You'll notice that no part of that seemed to make him happier than shooting it.

Shootings like bacon, it makes everything better and more fun.

I once new a guy that got pretty happy about the break of cold weather every year cause he was going to get to shoot hogs to make bacon.

Circle of life man.......choot it!

• Like 2

Take the hard drive out and take it apart. Two nice magnets inside. One it is opened and disassembled it

is safe to do anything with as the disks inside can't even take fingerprints or dust and still be usable.

• Like 1