Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

Humming birds

I just decided this morning to boil some sugar water & put out our feeders. (too early I thought) NOPE

Just now saw one.

• Like 2

They are really amazing little birds! :wub: They are my favorite!

ours too. we once had abt 12 feeders out.we have cut down a bit tho.

I am glad to know they are back! I am going to have to dig around and find mine now. :give_rose:

Edited by ivylove

Yippie!! Does that mean Spring has Sprung?...or will the little fellers flutter around with ice on their wings?..who do we call to de ice a hummer? Hmmm and will the nectar freeze ? Do hummers like pop cycles?...ok ok now that I got that all out...I’m glad the little hummers are back..they are one of my favorite birds too...but dont tell the other birds I said that..they might retaliate (got to remember to park in the garage) ...but on the serious side we always feed the birds we have many feeders out,and I have noticed that a lot of the birds that have been scarce during the winter are coming back...love this time of the year!

• Like 1

Yippie!! Does that mean Spring has Sprung?...or will the little fellers flutter around with ice on their wings?..who do we call to de ice a hummer? Hmmm and will the nectar freeze ? Do hummers like pop cycles?...ok ok now that I got that all out...I’m glad the little hummers are back..they are one of my favorite birds too...but dont tell the other birds I said that..they might retaliate (got to remember to park in the garage) ...but on the serious side we always feed the birds we have many feeders out,and I have noticed that a lot of the birds that have been scarce during the winter are coming back...love this time of the year!

we feed birds all year long & different birds come at different times of the year, I have an album of pictures, so many different kinds of birds. But we love the hummers. I have actually seen pictures that were posted of snow on the ground & a hummer was at the feeder. (not sure what state)

• Like 3

i seen my first hummer saturday. already have my feed out..

• Like 1

I have a Dutch door in my kitchen and open the bottom half in the mornings before work so my dog can go in and out as she pleases. The past week or so, what appears to be the same little bird flies in, alights on the top of my cabinets, and flies right back out as soon as it hears me coming in that direction.

May not be the same bird, but it looks the same and goes right to the same spot every time. I think it has come inside 5 times so far, but the first time I didn't get a good look so may have been a totally different bird.

And of course the dog either doesn't see or isn't interested. She hasn't so much as batted an eye at it...

• Like 3

I have a Dutch door in my kitchen and open the bottom half in the mornings before work so my dog can go in and out as she pleases. The past week or so, what appears to be the same little bird flies in, alights on the top of my cabinets, and flies right back out as soon as it hears me coming in that direction.

May not be the same bird, but it looks the same and goes right to the same spot every time. I think it has come inside 5 times so far, but the first time I didn't get a good look so may have been a totally different bird.

And of course the dog either doesn't see or isn't interested. She hasn't so much as batted an eye at it...

Sounds like somebody may be looking for a place to nest.

• Like 2

They are coming more and more, they should start sowing up good now with the weather getting warmer.

Had the feeders out for a week now. No hummers. Bummers.

they will come, probably have been & you just missed them.

They are coming more and more, they should start sowing up good now with the weather getting warmer.

Husband made a bird house last year and this year we have birds nesting in it which is so great But I'm very sad that the swifts are not here this year.

they will come, probably have been & you just missed them.

Hope so... it's really neat to watch them "guard" the feeder from the other hummers.

I put out a feeder last week. Yesterday at least one male was back. Good to see my little friends back from their winter travels.

• Like 1

Finally had a hummer show up the other morning! Hopefully we get a few more to show up.

Seems like mine have left.

Seems like mine have left.

They are not there often, I think it's just one or two. They may be too busy nest building to hang around guarding the feeder this early.

• Like 1