Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

You think we'll have another freeze after tonight?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

Easter coming so late in the year is throwing my sense of time off. 

I know we've had blizzards in mid-march, but hey, it don't look like it this year.   Farmer's Almanac was right, warmer and wet. 

The pollen is making it's appearance so I'm wondering how likely it will be to have freezing temps again if I open the pool.   The cover was really messed up so I pulled it off and I need to get the filter running again. 

So what's your bad knee telling you?

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#2 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:49 PM

I forecast it will get down to 33 between 6:30 & 7:30 tomorrow morning. If by chance it does hit 32, it will be for a very few minutes.
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#3 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

Still have blackberry winter last week April.

• The Sound Guy likes this

#4 JSC

JSC

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Easter coming so late in the year is throwing my sense of time off. 

I know we've had blizzards in mid-march, but hey, it don't look like it this year.   Farmer's Almanac was right, warmer and wet. 

The pollen is making it's appearance so I'm wondering how likely it will be to have freezing temps again if I open the pool.   The cover was really messed up so I pulled it off and I need to get the filter running again. 

So what's your bad knee telling you?

My knee still hurting & so are my knuckles.  :lol:

• Captain Rhett Butler, CitizenCain and october like this

#5 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

Enough to freeze a running system, I'd bet not.
Oh, and knees, knuckles, thumbs, one shoulder and three toes are still aching to beat the band. But I'd still bet not.

Edited by Blunt Trauma, 19 March 2019 - 12:08 AM.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#6 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:37 AM

I think you better hold off until at least after Easter...but who knows? Mother Nature has been up and down for a while..think she's peed off at Father Time?

• The Sound Guy and october like this

#7 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:26 AM

It sounds like a lot of peoples body parts are still hurting, and I've always heard that it's best to wait till after Good Friday to plant.  

• The Sound Guy, OSU and october like this
Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#8 JSC

JSC

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

It sounds like a lot of peoples body parts are still hurting, and I've always heard that it's best to wait till after Good Friday to plant.  

That's what my mama always said . 

#9 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

That's what my mama always said . 

That my father said.

#10 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Speaking of the freeze.
How my life works:
Checked the propane tank a little while back, sitting on 33%. Figured up to be just about enough to make it thru cold weather. Just to be safe I checked it again Sunday, close enough to zero as to be unreadable. Have no idea how the heat was still on.
Call Gas Inc. the second I wake up Monday morning and they tell me they can't get any out here before sometime Wednesday. Having been awake for less than 10 minutes I'm afraid I didn't react too well to the fact they couldn't get a load of propane from Dallas to Nebo Rd. in less time than Amazon can get me a tube of toothpaste from California. Then the lady continues on to tell me that although I am calling with at least some propane in the tank, if I run out before they decide to show up they will be forced to do a pressure test and they will just have to charge me for that.
After I got done immediately after that little tidbit, I'm not the least bit sure they'll be here tomorrow or not. In describing how I felt about a cash customer of 26 years being subjected to this I may have been ........unpleasant.
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#11 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Speaking of the freeze.
How my life works:
Checked the propane tank a little while back, sitting on 33%. Figured up to be just about enough to make it thru cold weather. Just to be safe I checked it again Sunday, close enough to zero as to be unreadable. Have no idea how the heat was still on.
Call Gas Inc. the second I wake up Monday morning and they tell me they can't get any out here before sometime Wednesday. Having been awake for less than 10 minutes I'm afraid I didn't react too well to the fact they couldn't get a load of propane from Dallas to Nebo Rd. in less time than Amazon can get me a tube of toothpaste from California. Then the lady continues on to tell me that although I am calling with at least some propane in the tank, if I run out before they decide to show up they will be forced to do a pressure test and they will just have to charge me for that.
After I got done immediately after that little tidbit, I'm not the least bit sure they'll be here tomorrow or not. In describing how I felt about a cash customer of 26 years being subjected to this I may have been ........unpleasant.

I was told to always order when the tank reached 10%. :)

• JSC likes this
Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#12 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,562 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

I think you better hold off until at least after Easter...but who knows? Mother Nature has been up and down for a while..think she's peed off at Father Time?

Well, if she isn’t.....I sure am! :)
  • ivylove and OSU like this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics