3 replies to this topic

#1 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

When you could go back to the meat counter and ask for beef bones/dog bones? They used to be free. And even "soup bones" which are basically the same thing are now $2.19 a pound. With no meat on the bones for either. Dogs are happy with what they got and I gleaned anything from what I could.

I'm so old.

#2 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,562 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:11 PM

Oh come on, I remember when you could do that too. And you’re not OLD! We are just “well seasoned.”

BTW.....some of the fancy steakhouses are serving beef marrow as an appetizer, which are seasoned beef bones split down the middle and chargrilled. They serve them with toast points and let me tell you, boy are they delicious! Mega Cholesterol but hey somethings gonna get ya, might as well be beef marrow right?
  • juleebella likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#3 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,811 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

yes i remember those days, i also remember when you could ask the butcher  for some fate meat to mix in with deer meat for sausage, and they would give it to you. 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#4 JSC

JSC

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

yes i remember those days, i also remember when you could ask the butcher  for some fate meat to mix in with deer meat for sausage, and they would give it to you. 

I remember asking for beef fat to add to deer meat, but when I thought abt it, isn't that why we ate venison, because it had NO fat? lol

• rednekkhikkchikk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics