Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
juleebella

Anybody remember?

When you could go back to the meat counter and ask for beef bones/dog bones? They used to be free. And even "soup bones" which are basically the same thing are now $2.19 a pound. With no meat on the bones for either. Dogs are happy with what they got and I gleaned anything from what I could.

I'm so old.

Oh come on, I remember when you could do that too. And you’re not OLD! We are just “well seasoned.”

BTW.....some of the fancy steakhouses are serving beef marrow as an appetizer, which are seasoned beef bones split down the middle and chargrilled. They serve them with toast points and let me tell you, boy are they delicious! Mega Cholesterol but hey somethings gonna get ya, might as well be beef marrow right?

• Like 1

yes i remember those days, i also remember when you could ask the butcher for some fate meat to mix in with deer meat for sausage, and they would give it to you.

yes i remember those days, i also remember when you could ask the butcher for some fate meat to mix in with deer meat for sausage, and they would give it to you.

I remember asking for beef fat to add to deer meat, but when I thought abt it, isn't that why we ate venison, because it had NO fat? lol

• Like 1