Will no longer open 24 hours.

#2 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

I've always wondered if they really got enough business between 1:00 am and 6:00 am to make it worth while. 

• october likes this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#3 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

I had no idea they were open 24hrs. As a rule I shop before midnight.

• october likes this

#4 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

The one at Crossroads stopped 24 hrs one or two years ago.  The Ingles my son works at stopped it about 3 years ago or so. 

You have to pay someone to stand by the register and watch the doors.  Security would be a concern as well.  

I'm glad the Winn Dixie I worked at was closed and locked up while we stocked overnight.

• october likes this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#5 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Good for them and their employees. Must say though, we're guilty when taking advantage of Walmart being open at 6:00 am re medical stuff.

Whole other story for another time.....

• october likes this

#6 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,562 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

Seems like I read about a fair amount of criminal activity at that Kroger so I wonder if that played a part.
  • Captain Rhett Butler and october like this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#7 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

Kroger, Walmart and other grocery chains should consider starting (limited) grocery drive-thru after hours.

• ivylove and october like this

#8 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,811 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

so what are their hours now? 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#9 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:14 PM