yo! ×
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

computer mouse

So, I have learned a lot abt computers thru the years & have gotten a lot of help from people on here. I even (reluctantly at 1st) upgrade to Windows 10. in spite of all the bad things I have read abt it or heard from friends, I LOVE W10.

My new question for help is; my mouse, when I roll the roller it takes my page to the right sometimes & that is not my intentions. I have checked all the options in settings under mouse or pointer & have set everything I think may be causing that. It is so aggravating I could scream. I only need it to roll the page up & down, niot right or left. Thanks for any suggestions.

On my mouse, if I look in Control Panel --> Mouse, it has a an option for Horizontal Scrolling that occurs if you push on the wheel and tilt it sideways. ( I didn't even know it would do that... learn something new every day!)

If it's the same for yours, try not to push hard on the wheel, just gently roll it. Your driver may not have the option to adjust it, but is still attempting to react to the tilt.

On my mouse, if I look in Control Panel --> Mouse, it has a an option for Horizontal Scrolling that occurs if you push on the wheel and tilt it sideways. ( I didn't even know it would do that... learn something new every day!)

If it's the same for yours, try not to push hard on the wheel, just gently roll it. Your driver may not have the option to adjust it, but is still attempting to react to the tilt.

Thank you SG, I went to control panel & found the setting I needed & that seems to fix it. Thanks so much. (I was looking in another place)

Glad that helped!! Like I said, I learned something new as well.

Cheers!

SG, Thank you but I spoke too soon. it's doing it again. & I really do not press hard on the wheel.

Don't know that much about computers, but could something have been spilled or gotten down in the mouse roller, maybe?

Don't know that much about computers, but could something have been spilled or gotten down in the mouse roller, maybe?

Well, now that you mentioned it, at Christmas there was a drink spilled , but it dried out & works ok, except for this problem. It moves fime, just the page moves to the right sometimes. I don't remember if it done this before that or not.

Maybe try borrowing or using another mouse and see if it still does this? Seems like then you can determine if it is a problem with the mouse, itself. :)

Maybe try borrowing or using another mouse and see if it still does this? Seems like then you can determine if it is a problem with the mouse, itself. :)

I will try that, thank you.

• Like 1

If changing the setting fixed it and then it started again, I'd check the setting again at least. It would be weird for it to default to that different setting but hey, weird things happen.

Or it could be somebody just screwin' with you. Anybody set to take over the company if you're dragged off drooling?

This might be a stupid question in this day and age but, is it an optical mouse or is your mouse old enough to have a ball?

If changing the setting fixed it and then it started again, I'd check the setting again at least. It would be weird for it to default to that different setting but hey, weird things happen.

Or it could be somebody just screwin' with you. Anybody set to take over the company if you're dragged off drooling?

This might be a stupid question in this day and age but, is it an optical mouse or is your mouse old enough to have a ball?

It's an optical mouse. But my desk top does have one with a ball & wires. I like it tho.

JSC, did you ever get this issue resolved?

No, I did try a different mouse (cause mine got a drink spilled on it) But no, still doing it & driving me nuts.

Thanks for asking.

Have you tried a different surface or mouse pad?

The track ball mouses were pretty terrible, so I would stick with an optical mouse.

JSC, did you ever get this issue resolved?

I finally asked (typed) Cortana the question & someone on the help forum suggested to CHECK "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them". I had it unchecked, changed it, & haven't had the problem since. Don't understand it, but it worked.

• Like 2

I finally asked (typed) Cortana the question & someone on the help forum suggested to CHECK "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them". I had it unchecked, changed it, & haven't had the problem since. Don't understand it, but it worked.

Good to know! Thanks!

• Like 1