2 replies to this topic

#1 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

Our 24 month plan runs out this month, so looking around to see who's best now. 

Been with Walton EMC Gas the last 2 years.  

Looking at the PSC chart for Feb:  PCS_GAS_CHART

Some outfit called "Constellation Energy" has a 24 month rate at .48 a therm vs Walton's .57 a therm.   Anybody using Constellation?   I'm a little concerned that their web page says the Energy Type is Electricity, for 0.365 a therm.    If they can't figure out if they are selling Gas or Electricity, I wonder if they can keep my bill straight.   $150 cancellation fee. 

I can get a free umbrella from Walton for a 24 month contract, or a "free" LED lantern for a 12 month.    $200 cancellation fee for 24 month, $100 fee for 12 months at the same rate. 

Who are you using?

Who are you using?

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#2 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

We use Scana and very happy with rate .55 therm

#3 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:13 AM

Gas South, no problems in the second year with them.

Highest bill so far around $80 last year when we had all that snow,  but I have a small house and am gone all day with the heat lowered to about 65.  I believe my rate is around .54 per therm.  And there were months in the summer where I paid about $25 to have $0 gas delivered to my residence.

Still not as bad as the fees Ga Power added to my bill at my previous home - but I did come to understand why they were willing to pay customers who heated with gas to put in an electric heat pump.  :rolleyes:

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics