#1 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,085 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Well it's that time again.   

However this time for my health, I'd better be serious about it.

Stepped on the scale this morning and OMG!  I guess starting the Holiday season heavy to begin with was NOT a good idea. 

So losing about at least 40 lbs is on the list. 

Also want to start picking and choosing more carefully what I spend my time on.   I used to think that people were crazy when they said that the years pass more quickly the older you get but 2018 went by in a flash in a lot of ways. 

I have a backlog of projects that I want to get done this year too.

What ya'll got planned?

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#2 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

None. It’s always been a great way for me to really, really beat myself up, so I quit that NYE resolution BS a while ago. But good luck to you.
  • juleebella likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#3 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Gonna stop setting arbitrary goals this year.

And in 2020..........no more goals at all!!!!!

Seriously though, I started a quest about 3 years ago. Wanna cross that goal line this year if there's any way possible.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#4 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Work less. Work more around house, so much I let go around house and do some travel. Increase mine veg garden.

#5 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,715 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:30 PM

My resolution for 1998 was never to make any other resolutions.  I've kept to that.

• The Sound Guy and juleebella like this
Golly gee willickers.

#6 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:37 AM

My resolution is to not make any resolution lol that way I don't feel like a failure
  • juleebella likes this

#7 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

2 years in a row the whole "Be kinder and less judgmental" thing didn't work out for me, so I'm not making any resolutions this year.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#8 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

2 years in a row the whole "Be kinder and less judgmental" thing didn't work out for me, so I'm not making any resolutions this year.

Yup, I tried that kinder and less judgmental thing too one year.....then I went to the Walmart in Hiram. So much for that concept.

I kid, sorta kinda anyway.
  • OSU likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#9 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

Yup, I tried that kinder and less judgmental thing too one year.....then I went to the Walmart in Hiram. So much for that concept.

I get it, but still Walmart turns the whole idjit paradigm on its head. With no scientific proof what so ever, I'd bet ya bunches that way better than 50% of the idjits in society today are men. In wally world that ratio is inverse.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#10 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

Too many people made it REALLY hard.....  lol

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#11 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,236 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

I usually resolve to learn something new or visit new places...

Have not really decided on anything yet ? ? ?

Resolving to figure it out.

:unknw:

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics