CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,110 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

The Beatles' White Album turns 50 

https://www.latimes....511531-132.html

Edited by CitizenCain, 30 December 2018 - 08:52 PM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#2 cptlo306

cptlo306

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

Who?

This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#3 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

Who?

No, not The Who, the Beatles!!!

• cptlo306 and CitizenCain like this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#4 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,598 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:53 AM

"The Beatles" is both the name of the album and the group.

You've heard their songs, I wager.

pubby

#5 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:03 AM

Who?

No, the Who's Tommy came out a year or two later.
  • cptlo306, Guard Dad, Rocky's Mom and 1 other like this

#6 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:09 AM

The Beatles' White Album turns 50 
https://www.latimes....511531-132.html

So many classic songs on that double album set. Not too many songs on any of their albums that I don't know by heart. Been a huge Beatles fan since I was a little girl.
  • The Sound Guy and october like this

#7 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,110 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

So many classic songs on that double album set. Not too many songs on any of their albums that I don't know by heart. Been a huge Beatles fan since I was a little girl.

Caught Beatlemania the first time I saw them on the Ed Sullivan show. There was no cure albums like Rubber Soul, Abbey Road and Sargent Peppers  just made it worse.

Edited by CitizenCain, 31 December 2018 - 12:32 PM.

• october likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#8 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

I was in my early teens then. Seems we’ve all forgotton parents banding together to burn the Beetles and other’s albums. There was no need for me have albums since we didn’t have a record player in the house. I’ve still got the 8 track tapes down in the basement that I kept hidden from my parents. Someday I need to dig them out to see what my favorite groups were back then.
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#9 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Caught Beatlemania the first time I saw them on the Ed Sullivan show. There was no cure albums like Rubber Soul, Abbey Road and Sargent Peppers  just made it worse.

Yep! My sister is 7 and half years older than me and she's the one who originally got me introduced to them. I remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show, etc. And my Sis saw them when they appeared here in Atlanta.

#10 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,734 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Yep! My sister is 7 and half years older than me and she's the one who originally got me introduced to them. I remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show, etc. And my Sis saw them when they appeared here in Atlanta.

I remember seeing them on the Ed Sullivan show as well.  I was 6.

Golly gee willickers.

#11 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

I remember one day I skipped school and tried to place a call to Paul...then I had a vision of my parents and what they would do to me when they got the overseas phone bill...lol needless to say I never would have gotten through but I sure dreamed of it lol
  • october likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics