#1 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

https://mexicobeach....each/beach-cam/

If you click on the link and wait for several minutes, a live cam opens up and you can see Michael coming.  Due to the high number of users, it took me about 10 minutes until the camera showed the storm coming in .  Click on live view. This camera is located on top of the El Governor Motel. 

Michael is going to ruin somebody's vacation!

I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.
(Rhett Butler speaking to Miss Scarlett)

#2 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:04 PM

Toucan's in Mexico Beach has been damaged, not sure how bad yet. 

I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.

#3 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,674 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

Here is an enhanced picture of the storm. is it just my imagination or does that remind you of something ?......

37ba58e3576a40989321f745e7ea019e.jpg

https://www.yahoo.co...-163036830.html

HAPPY HALLOWEEN .

Edited by CitizenCain, 10 October 2018 - 06:28 PM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#4 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,391 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

Toucan’s is gone and so are many of the homes there. There’s rumors about the El Governor being collapsed. Just a rumor. But I know Mexico Beach was washed away. St George Island was window deep in water. I have friends that have homes in both places. Haven’t heard from them yet. They’re here and safe but they don’t know about their homes yet.

#5 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

I've been looking for images for Gulf View Motel as well as the El Governor. We've stayed at both and are saddened by this. 

If you see any, please post them. Thanks

• lowrider likes this

#6 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

Loved this town. If Florida became an option, I intended it to be there. The video from helicopters on CNN and especially TWC are heartbreaking.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#7 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,391 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

I've been looking for images for Gulf View Motel as well as the El Governor. We've stayed at both and are saddened by this. 
If you see any, please post them. Thanks

The El Governor lost the Annex but the hotel is ok per messages on FB. So I dont know that for a fact. No cell service down there. The Lookout Lounge is gone which was right at Beach Bums house but she doesnt know anything yet about her house yet.

Toucans was blown away.

TWC showed Mexico Beach. Its flattened.

Besides the 150 mph winds they had 12-14 storm surges.

Panama City is torn up. They were out at 231 and all the rail cars were blown over. The marina at Captain Andersons was blown away.

Edited by lowrider, 11 October 2018 - 10:24 AM.

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,674 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

Look at this on a positive side. In a couple of generations your grandchildren will have their own beachfront property right here in good ole Dallas. 

Sorry Apollo Beach your grandchildren are screwed . 

Edited by CitizenCain, 11 October 2018 - 12:33 PM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#9 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:46 AM

Every now and then mother nature has to humble man. She lets us no we are not the center of the universe as many people seem to believe. I hope everyone down there is safe and can rebuild. I have a friend who lost a modular home about 1/2 mile from the beach but no one was hurt. The bright side is new stronger construction brightening the area and creating jobs. The down side is pretty obvious if you have seen pictures. I ask that God may send his comforting angels to those in need.

• The Sound Guy, rednekkhikkchikk, mrshoward and 3 others like this

#10 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

We just got back in earlier today. Our house is right outside the city limits of Mexico Beach in a little beach community called Beacon Hill Beach. We didn't even try to ride into Mexico Beach or Port St. Joe. We just went straight to our house, assessed the damage, took pictures, and checked on nearby neighbors and took them supplies and food. Approximately 85% of the homes in Beacon Hill Beach are either destroyed or have extensive damage. Our house is basically okay with minor damage and I have no idea how or why it was spared. We think maybe because there is a tree line between our house and the ocean or maybe the stricter hurricane codes for building that were put into place right before our house was built in 2004. The tree line is no longer there which ironically now gives us a view of the water. I would rather have my neighbors houses intact than the water view and I would rather no one lose their life.

We did get to sleep in our house last night but it was pretty frightening with the military helicopters and life flight helicopters flying over constantly, the constant wail of sirens, no power, no water, etc. Worse than that though was the worry about at least 250 residents that did not evacuate and have not been located.

Stonewall was right in the above post - it is a very humbling experience. Instead of being an "all about me" society, we need to love and support each other and lift each other up in not only prayer, but also in deeds. After we got through Dothan Alabama yesterday, my husband and I went through a life changing experience in observing the horrific damage done from just outside of Dothan, through Marianna and all the way down to the beach. We saw piles of rubble that used to be someone's home or business. We saw search and rescue teams out with cadaver dogs, we saw people displaced and wondering around in a daze, we saw people hugging and hanging on to each other for support. We also saw 100's of various power company trucks, we saw members of The National Guard checking on people, we saw staging areas for emergency personnel, we saw FEMA employees working tirelessly, we saw first responders working tirelessly in so many different ways - helping those in trouble, securing homes, etc. and we experienced neighbors loving and supporting each other, sharing with each other and helping each other in so many ways.

I feel like we stepped into a war zone yesterday and I will never forget this. The people in this area need so much and these are things we take for granted every day. They need food, water, coolers, ice, generators, toiletry items, hand sanitizer, charcoal, lighter fluid, etc.

We will be going down again on Thursday to meet with our insurance adjuster and will be bringing in more supplies. If anyone has any supplies they would like to contribute to those in need, we will be glad to deliver them. These people could really very much use our prayers right now.
  • The Sound Guy, Lady Raider, Brian and 5 others like this

#11 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

Glad to hear you evacuated and are OK!  

Hope your neighbors that couldn't for whatever reason have survived. 

• Beach Bum likes this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#12 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

Glad to hear you evacuated and are OK!  

Hope your neighbors that couldn't for whatever reason have survived. 

^ Couldn't agree more with this statement!!

Hope you continue to do well and your neighbors get some resemblance of "normal" soon.  I know many will be fighting back for a long time.

I'm off to get donations - thanks for highlighting the needs to be sent!

• The Sound Guy and Beach Bum like this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#13 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,769 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

so sad about mexico beach... but they will rebuild and be stronger then ever... 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics