#1 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:40 AM

https://www.accuweat...-hours/70006011

Despite the hurricane weakening somewhat since its peak as a Category 4, it has grown in overall size and its predicted deceleration in forward speed will take a costly toll.

Coastal areas will be bombarded with torrential rain, high winds, coastal erosion and storm surge, possibly for days. Inland areas will be poured upon for days. Gusty winds in the saturated soil will topple trees and lead to widespread power outages.

"There will be extensive damage inflicted by Hurricane Florence as it drifts slowly toward the coast late this week before making landfall near the North Carolina and South Carolina border later Friday into Saturday. Winds on the east side of the storm are going to be most effective in driving storm surge flooding as the wind and waves pound the coast. That is one of many factors in why AccuWeather is estimating $50 to 60 billion in economic impact and damagefrom Florence,” AccuWeather Founder and President Dr. Joel N. Myers said.

I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.
(Rhett Butler speaking to Miss Scarlett)

#2 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:52 AM

https://www.fark.com...player/10161946

#3 ApolloBeachRetiree

ApolloBeachRetiree

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,915 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

That wind looks and sounds very scary.

Liberals claim to be for the little guy. They are the champions of the average person. But they are really elitist snobs at heart. (Laura Ingram)

#4 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

That wind looks and sounds very scary.

Indeed.

#5 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:13 AM

Indeed.

. Seen on tv this mornings news in some of the areas some people can't evacuate due to being on oxygen. I know if one is on forced oxygen it's very difficult to transport them even by ambulance as it is not equipped for forced oxygen . So sad for them and pray they remain safe
  • Dana likes this

#6 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:22 PM

I'm sure there are a lot of situations like that unfortunately.
  • OSU likes this

#7 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

Don Lemon is on the beach. Now I don't know who to root for.

• Dana and Captain Rhett Butler like this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#8 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Watching the coverage right now and it's heartbreaking. National Guard is doing an amazing job.
  • ApolloBeachRetiree likes this

#9 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

My ultimate booking for this would have been to handcuff Jessie Waters and Don Lemon together, stake them out on a beach with a remote camera, and make them report the storm together. Then, after 20 hours or so, you throw a box of wet wipes, a fresh Armani suit and two knives on the sand in front of them.
  • Jamie Weaver likes this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#10 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,913 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

Reporter can hardly stand in powerful winds ...

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#11 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

Reporter can hardly stand in powerful winds ...

LOL, that's cool. Have you ever been in a hurricane? Not being snarky. It's like storms here. Well my house is fine, but my neighbor...………….And honestly, you can fault the weather people? Holy shiat, the coverage from the Carolinas is horrific.

#12 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,913 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:11 AM

Trump tells distraught hurricane victim; "At least you got a nice boat out of the deal", referring to a boat that had washed ashore and crashed into the man's home. 

DneNiXsXsAAKtzc.jpg

This isn’t the first time that Trump has shown a lack of empathy for the victims of natural disaster. 

https://thinkprogres...t-d801dae042fe/

Edited by CitizenCain, 20 September 2018 - 10:16 AM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#13 Jamie Weaver

Jamie Weaver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

496.jpg

• ApolloBeachRetiree, mrshoward, lowrider and 3 others like this

"I have always tried to [tell the truth], but the Russians made me do it."  - Hillary Clinton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics