5 replies to this topic

#1 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,358 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

It has been 17 years ago but the sentiment is the same.

God Bless America.

B92EA2DF-5EC7-465B-9F60-941DBFE640A3.jpeg

6D314A11-C26D-4F9F-A659-1BBBD3CCC870.jpeg
  • mrshoward and Dana like this

#2 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,403 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:32 PM

Yep, and 17 years later and we still have people dying in Afghanistan . Meanwhile Trump dances with the leaders of the terrorist home country.

Edited by CitizenCain, 10 September 2018 - 08:37 PM.

• october likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#3 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,358 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:10 PM

Yep, and 17 years later and we still have people dying in Afghanistan . Meanwhile Trump dances with the leaders of the terrorist home country.

This is not about them or him. It’s in remembrance of those that lost their lives.

You really are an asswipe.

But I expected nothing more.
  • elliesgranny, ApolloBeachRetiree, mrshoward and 7 others like this

#4 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:59 AM

Back to the topic at hand, I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest son. I felt so guilty about bringing a child into this crazy world, knowing he'd never know the same childhood I'd had growing up. Even now I get choked up thinking about that horrible day, the fear, the heartbreak for those directly impacted. What I try to do instead is think of how this country came together on September 12, 2001, and how strong we were. We need to get back to that unity, that "love your neighbor, help your fellow man" mindset that we all had in the days after. There's a line from my favorite song that is so appropriate, and it goes like this: "As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone."
  • mrshoward and Dana like this

#5 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

I was on my way in to work.  Heard it on the radio and at first thought it was some kind of sick radio prank.

I quickly realized it wasn't.  I got to work as fast as I could and grabbed the TV from the break room and brought it up to the customer care desk at the Kroger I was working at that day and we watched it all happen live. 

I will never forget the fear, the sadness, the hopelessness, the awfulness of that day and the days after.

#NeverForget

• lowrider likes this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#6 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

I wish this day had never happened...But more then that I pray we never forget that it did...

• The Sound Guy, cptlo306, lowrider and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics