7 replies to this topic

#1 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

Woke up early this morning totally convinced it was Monday.  Went to the kitchen to start my normal Monday weekday routine.  Turned on the news and there was a preacher.  Wait, what?  Turned to another channel, and there was another normally Sunday morning show.  What?!?  Looked at my computer, phone, calendar, etc.  Yay!  Sunday, not a work day!  (At least not at the office)

• The Sound Guy, mrshoward, cptlo306 and 1 other like this

#2 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

Anyone else ever done that before?  Back in the day when my husband worked at the Fed or AJC (worked at both), he leapt out of bed at 3:00 AM.  MIL and BIL did pretty much the same thing hoping to not miss a flight.  BIL worked for Delta, perks, and took his Mom for a good Mother/Son time.

Always great to find more time.

#3 cptlo306

cptlo306

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

Once in college I got back to the dorm after class and decided to take a nap (it was finals week so I hadn't gotten much sleep).  This was about 5PM or so.  I woke up a little after 8 and immediately thought it was 8AM.  I had a final exam at 8AM so I freaked out, got ready in about 5 minutes, and ran outside to go to class late. It wasn't until I got outside and it was dark that I realized it was PM, not AM.  Duh.

• Captain Rhett Butler likes this
This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#4 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:53 AM

Closest I ever came to something like that was walking into the dentist office 23 hours and 45 minutes late. And feeling so proud that I was 15 minutes early for once, in my mind.

• cptlo306 likes this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#5 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

Once in college I got back to the dorm after class and decided to take a nap (it was finals week so I hadn't gotten much sleep).  This was about 5PM or so.  I woke up a little after 8 and immediately thought it was 8AM.  I had a final exam at 8AM so I freaked out, got ready in about 5 minutes, and ran outside to go to class late. It wasn't until I got outside and it was dark that I realized it was PM, not AM.  Duh.

LOL!  Good feeling though, correct?

Closest I ever came to something like that was walking into the dentist office 23 hours and 45 minutes late. And feeling so proud that I was 15 minutes early for once, in my mind.

Ha!

#6 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:02 AM

Walked up to the Delta check in at HJ one time (back when it was just Hartsfield) and started to check when when the agent told me my flight had left yesterday.   Oops.  

I've gotten up on Holiday's a few times and gotten ready for work.   Yep, a good feeling to realize you can go back to bed. 

I've also been headed to the store for something and thinking about something else and found myself 6 miles on the way to work instead of to the store I was headed to.  On autopilot I guess.

• juleebella likes this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#7 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:43 AM

I was in high school and my alarm went off so I got up, used the bathroom, went into the kitchen, got my doughnut breakfast, turned on the TV and wondered why the Twilight Show was on instead of my usual Mr. Wizard. That's when I realized it was 2:00 a.m and I'd dreamt that my alarm had gone off. Double goodness--I got to go back to bed AND I got another doughnut for breakfast at the normal time!
  • cptlo306, juleebella and Dana like this

#8 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,895 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:28 AM

I've done something similar.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics