39 replies to this topic

#1 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:26 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with the NRA. But they don't need them. Their Russian membership dues will keep them going.

Even before the fight with New York, the NRA was struggling financially, reporting a $45 million budget deficit in 2016 tax documents.

The NRA is also at the center of an FBI investigation into an accused Russian spy's efforts to influence American politics.

And yet the NRA appears to remain at the peak of its powers, able to mobilize its millions of members to support state and federal political candidates who share its gun-rights agenda. It spent heavily on President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign, and now has an avowed supporter in the White House.

https://www.nbcnews....usiness-n897521

"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."- Deuteronomy 15:11

#2 Jamie Weaver

Jamie Weaver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I might have to join.

- Jamie

• cptlo306 and lowrider like this

"I have always tried to [tell the truth], but the Russians made me do it."  - Hillary Clinton

#3 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I might have to join.

- Jamie

You don't have to join to make a donation but do hurry. They need their coffers filled for the coming election cycle.

"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."- Deuteronomy 15:11

#4 cptlo306

cptlo306

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

I think I'll join too.

• Jamie Weaver likes this
This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#5 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

I think I'll join too.

You're already a member so you should probably sign up someone else.

#6 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

Meanwhile in Chicago...

https://www.nbcchica...-490368631.html

:(

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#7 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:46 AM

Meanwhile in Chicago...

https://www.nbcchica...-490368631.html

Don't worry, CPD put out a bait truck in a low-income area to address the issue. #BaghdadBetty

https://www.usatoday...lice/936516002/

Edited by COWA, 09 August 2018 - 04:46 AM.

#8 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:19 AM

Don't worry, CPD put out a bait truck in a low-income area to address the issue. #BaghdadBetty

https://www.usatoday...lice/936516002/

So no comment on the epidemic of gun violence in Chicago ? ? ?

8)

are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#9 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

So no comment on the epidemic of gun violence in Chicago ? ? ?

8)

The topic isn't about gun violence in Chicago. It's about the NRA. You want to talk about gun violence in Chicago start your own thread.

#10 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:13 AM

The topic isn't about gun violence in Chicago. It's about the NRA. You want to talk about gun violence in Chicago start your own thread.

Yeah, because your partisan politics is more important to you than people dying is.

• mrshoward likes this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#11 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, because your partisan politics is more important to you than people dying is.

If y'all were legitimately concerned you'd start a topic about it. Is dying not deserving of it's own topic? Or is it just your way of distracting from the topic at hand because it is a topic that is damaging to your partisan politics?

In reality, your interest in gun violence is as disingenuous as you are. If you really cared you'd be interested in common sense reforms to existing gun laws to close legal gaps.

Edited by COWA, 09 August 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#12 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

If y'all were legitimately concerned you'd start a topic about it. Is dying not deserving of it's own topic? Or is it just your way of distracting from the topic at hand because it is a topic that is damaging to your partisan politics?

In reality, your interest in gun violence is as disingenuous as you are. If you really cared you'd be interested in common sense reforms to existing gun laws to close legal gaps.

Yet again you demonstrate the left's lack of logic and common sense.

Chicago already has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation along with the highest instances of shootings.

The answer is not to get tough on guns, it's to get tough on criminals. Until our government addresses the venues for violent crime, that being the inner cities an welfare culture; it won't get much better. It's the people behind the guns who are the problem.

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

#13 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

Chicago is and always been sewage pool.

#14 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

Yet again you demonstrate the left's lack of logic and common sense.

Chicago already has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation along with the highest instances of shootings.

The answer is not to get tough on guns, it's to get tough on criminals. Until our government addresses the venues for violent crime, that being the inner cities an welfare culture; it won't get much better. It's the people behind the guns who are the problem.

And what caused the people behind the guns to become a problem? The problem doesn't start with them. They don't manufacture guns or bullets. They don't own retail shops.

#15 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

And what caused the people behind the guns to become a problem? The problem doesn't start with them. They don't manufacture guns or bullets. They don't own retail shops.

Poverty, entitlement programs that encourage children with no fathers at home. Unchecked gangs due to ineffective law enforcement.

#16 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:10 AM

So what is your interest in the NRA ? ? ?

:unknw:

- Joseph Addison

#17 Jamie Weaver

Jamie Weaver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:26 AM

The reality is that the NRA could disappear tomorrow and it would have little to no impact on gun control.  The money the NRA spends isn't a drop in the bucket when you see whats flowing through political coffers.  At the end of the day,  the most effective tool of fighting gun control is to put a democrat in a pulpit.  Gun sales and  conceal weapons permits, go through the roof.

https://www.cnbc.com...commentary.html

- Jamie

Edited by Jamie Weaver, 09 August 2018 - 10:29 AM.

• ApolloBeachRetiree, mrshoward, lowrider and 1 other like this

"I have always tried to [tell the truth], but the Russians made me do it."  - Hillary Clinton

#18 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:15 AM

So what is your interest in the NRA ? ? ?

:unknw:

Are you saying gun violence and the NRA are synonymous?

#19 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

Could you try answering a question instead of throwing out ad hominems?

#20 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

Gun violence and Chicago are certainly synonymous...

Gun violence and St. Louis...

Gun violence and Baltimore...

I'm starting to notice a trend here.

8)

- Joseph Addison

#21 yathink?

yathink?

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:16 PM

Someone kills people with a knife, someone kills people with a car, someone kill people with a bomb, someone kills people with a plane, it's the killer's fault.  

Why is it the fault of an inanimate object when someone kills people with a gun?   Seriously, why?  

• cptlo306 and Guard Dad like this

#22 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

Someone kills people with a knife, someone kills people with a car, someone kill people with a bomb, someone kills people with a plane, it's the killer's fault.  

Why is it the fault of an inanimate object when someone kills people with a gun?   Seriously, why?  

The size of a knife you are legally able to carry in public is restricted. Bombs have restrictions. Cars aren't made for the purpose of killing but they have restrictions. Guns are anti-personal weapons. There should be common sense restrictions on them as much as there are on knives and bombs.

Gun violence and Chicago are certainly synonymous...

Gun violence and St. Louis...

Gun violence and Baltimore...

I'm starting to notice a trend here.

8)

Are you saying that gun violence is cultural and there are people who are inherently violent? Or are there socioeconomic and other contributing factors?

Edited by COWA, 09 August 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#23 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

Are you saying that gun violence is cultural and there are people who are inherently violent? Or are their socioeconomic and other contributing factors?

No, I am saying that gun violence is not being committed by the NRA or it's members.

I'm also saying that this topic is purely political.

8)

- Joseph Addison

#24 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

No, I am saying that gun violence is not being committed by the NRA or it's members.

I'm also saying that this topic is purely political.

8)

So you're saying people from the cities you listed aren't NRA members?  :crazy: :crazy:

#25 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:13 AM

Weekend War Zone : Chicago

http://www.dailymail...nd-Chicago.html

- Joseph Addison

#26 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:46 AM

Weekend War Zone : Chicago

http://www.dailymail...nd-Chicago.html

So glad you see the NRA as part of the problem and not part of the solution. You've turned over a new leaf. I never thought you would be a proponent of common sense gun law reform to plug the holes. Good for you.

MV5BMjY5ZjRhODQtMGZiOS00MjlhLTg3NjctMjNi

#baghdadbetty

Edited by COWA, 13 August 2018 - 09:01 AM.

#27 ABTHREE

ABTHREE

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

I don’t think the Thugs in Chicago are NRA members, but I could be wrong.
  • cptlo306 likes this

#28 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

I am a NRA member I don't think the organization will go broke tomorrow. The main reason I belong is to assure the 2nd amendment rights of all citizens are protected. I am also a member of Georgia Right to Bear Arms. While I do not agree on every talking point the NRA presents they are a very powerful lobby. The uber left are using back handed frivolous lawsuits in liberal court jurisdictions because they cannot present a logical fact based campaign to strip citizens of their rights. When a conservative challenges, lets say, immigration policy they are labeled haters/bigots/racist/narrow minded, etc. When a liberal challenges a constitutional right they are labeled a hero. Congratulations to the patriot president elect Lt. Col. Oliver North on his new position as president of the NRA.

#29 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

So glad you see the NRA as part of the problem and not part of the solution. You've turned over a new leaf. I never thought you would be a proponent of common sense gun law reform to plug the wholes. Good for you.

You are not concerned with gun violence, 

you are only concerned with playing politics.

8)

- Joseph Addison

#30 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:59 AM

8)

Politics is the reason you keep trying to divert attention and hijack topics. You aren't serious because you don't create your own thread and offer solutions. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:  #baghdadbetty

#31 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:17 AM

8)

Bingo!

If the Democrats actually cared about the issues they claim to champion, they'd do something about them instead of just pay lip service.

If they cared about minorities, they'd be working to revitalize the inner cities. They'd be more concerned with moving people on Welfare to self-sufficiency instead of trapping them in dependency, They would celebrate the job creation we've seen in the last two years that has improved the standard of living of minorities even more than it has whites.

If they cared about women, they'd be working to keep this country safe instead of having dog and pony shows over abooorzztion rights. They'd be tough on immigration and terrorism instead of having the milquetoast policies that the last administration used. They would care about helping the private sector create REAL good paying jobs that can support a family without both parents having to work.

If they cared about the poor they'd be trying to help lift them up out of poverty instead of throwing morsels at them and telling them to hate the rich.

If they really cared about gun violence they'd open their eyes to the fact that most of it occurs in liberal areas that already have the toughest gun laws on the books.

I could go on, but it wouldn't do much good with the Democrats here. Their minds are controlled by their party, and no amount of logic or common sense will penetrate that.

#32 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

Politics is the reason you keep trying to divert attention and hijack topics. You aren't serious because you don't create your own thread and offer solutions. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:  #baghdadbetty

Politics is the reason you started a thread about the NRA, 

instead of a thread about pervasive inner city gun violence.

8)  

- Joseph Addison

#33 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:48 PM

8)  

Actually, NO... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: #baghdadbetty

Edited by COWA, 13 August 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#34 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,257 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

8)  

I suspect there is nothing the NRA cherish more than inner city gun violence.   

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#35 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

What a stupid and hateful thing to say.

• mrshoward likes this

#36 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,082 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

BjcvN_uCEAA3VnH.png

- Joseph Addison

#37 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,257 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:44 PM

It's really very simple and obvious. The more gun violence the more people feel a need to own a gun. The more gun sales the richer gun manufactures get. The richer they get the more they funnel money into their not so secret Washington lobbyist the NRA. 

It's a vicious cycle that gun manufactures and the NRA cherish and pray never ends. 

It's basically an arms race with innocent bystanders, children sleeping in their beds and anyone else unlucky enough to be caught in the crossfire pay the price.  

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#38 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

It's really very simple and obvious. The more gun violence the more people feel a need to own a gun. The more gun sales the richer gun manufactures get. The richer they get the more they funnel money into their not so secret Washington lobbyist the NRA. 

It's a vicious cycle that gun manufactures and the NRA cherish and pray never ends. 

It's basically an arms race with innocent bystanders, children sleeping in their beds and anyone else unlucky enough to be caught in the crossfire pay the price.  

No

What keeps guns legal is the 2nd Amendment. It's not going to change, so get over it.

And once again...the problem is not guns, it's people. We have a socioeconomic problem, and until we address that, no amount of gun laws will solve the problem.

• cptlo306 likes this

#39 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,257 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:04 PM

Anyone hear that ? Sounds like a rabid dog howling at the moon. 

#40 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:11 PM

Anyone hear that ? Sounds like a rabid dog howling at the moon. 

Common sense would sound that way to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics