Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blunt Trauma

Big Day

Tried a Freddy's Steakburger today for the first time. What Steak and Shake used to try to be and then gave up. The closest thing I can think of, is if you're old enough to remember the Rexall Drugs lunch counters. Same soft bun and thin patties cooked over high heat on a flat top so that the patty gets that little crunch to it. Just extra 👍.

And today I looked on my receipt to find the "senior discount" had been applied. With no inquiry as to my age ♿. Sigh. I ain't there yet, but I'm cheap as he'll. So I'm kinda torn.

• Like 5

Tried a Freddy's Steakburger today for the first time. What Steak and Shake used to try to be and then gave up. The closest thing I can think of, is if you're old enough to remember the Rexall Drugs lunch counters. Same soft bun and thin patties cooked over high heat on a flat top so that the patty gets that little crunch to it. Just extra .

And today I looked on my receipt to find the "senior discount" had been applied. With no inquiry as to my age ♿. Sigh. I ain't there yet, but I'm cheap as he'll. So I'm kinda torn.

This is nice to know, I personally don't care for really thick burgers, they never seem to be done to my liking.

Yeah I got a free 'senior' drink at Taco Bell the other day at the drive thru. I would muster up some indignance but I figure anything to offset to the breaks I don't get on things like taxes (not married, no kids) I will take without complaint...and besides, there is more than one definition for 'senior'. Personally, I like this one: holding a high and authoritative position. :lol:

• Like 5

Tried a Freddy's Steakburger today for the first time. What Steak and Shake used to try to be and then gave up. The closest thing I can think of, is if you're old enough to remember the Rexall Drugs lunch counters. Same soft bun and thin patties cooked over high heat on a flat top so that the patty gets that little crunch to it. Just extra .

If you like greasy, small portions that are astronomically priced...Freddy's is for you. I tried both the one on Dallas Hwy and on Barrett Pkwy, same food, high prices and lousy service. Not ever going back.

This is nice to know, I personally don't care for really thick burgers, they never seem to be done to my liking.

Yeah I got a free 'senior' drink at Taco Bell the other day at the drive thru. I would muster up some indignance but I figure anything to offset to the breaks I don't get on things like taxes (not married, no kids) I will take without complaint...and besides, there is more than one definition for 'senior'. Personally, I like this one: holding a high and authoritative position. :lol:

Put the right accent on it and it's just for us guys. Gotta love that.

Grrrrr. Not married, NEVER had kids, still payin' school taxes. My 6th grade education has been paid off a while now. It's gonna take a dang bunch of 50 cents off burgers to make up for that.

• Like 1

If you like greasy, small portions that are astronomically priced...Freddy's is for you. I tried both the one on Dallas Hwy and on Barrett Pkwy, same food, high prices and lousy service. Not ever going back.

Sooooooooo, your on the fence then?

• Like 2

We ate at Freddy's in Florida... the steakburgers and frozen custard were awesome.

Good fresh hot food... a little pricey, but high quality,

Where is this new Freddy's ? ? ?

:good:

We ate at Freddy's in Florida... the steakburgers and frozen custard were awesome.

Good fresh hot food... a little pricey, but high quality,

Where is this new Freddy's ? ? ?

:good:

The Freddy's on Dallas Hwy. (Sprouts shopping center) is right up the road from my office. Eat there once or twice a month. Really like it!

There are two others around here. One in Kennesaw and another in Cartersville.

But you in particular, Mrs., are situated close enough to Pop's Dawg House that if it where me, I'd be gynormous by now.

Edited by Blunt Trauma
  • Like 1

But you in particular, Mrs., are situated close enough to Pop's Dawg House that if it where me, I'd be gynormous by now.

Is that the one on 41? If not, do tell.

Is that the one on 41? If not, do tell.

If you're asking about Pop's, it's on 61 north of town. Their chili dogs and burgers hold a special little place in my heart. But it's most of a 30 mile round trip for me. So I include it in a ride occasionally.

My friend is coming in next week, so I will probably take her to Freddy's in Marietta or Cartersville. I guess this will be a treat to watch her eat 2-4 burgers at once. :blink:

Freddy's sounds tempting, but my doctor is pressing the issue of yielding not to temptation. I can't add sugar, nor salt, and I can't eat carbohydrates. I have even had to stop drinking beer. Next thing you know I want be having sex anymore.

I'm only a couple of miles from there and having to work hard not to go too often. Love their Cheeseburgers!

I'm only a couple of miles from there and having to work hard not to go too often. Love their Cheeseburgers!

Dude, if you ain't had you no chili cheeseburger, well, you just ain't had nothin' yet.

• Like 1

Think I'm gonna throw a couple of angus beef hot dogs on the grill, then put

them on a nice soft slice of wheat bread with Palmetto cheese and mustard.

It's been a rough weekend and that sounds nice with a cold beer... :) :) :)

Dude, if you ain't had you no chili cheeseburger, well, you just ain't had nothin' yet.

Had a Chili dog, which was pretty good, but I love just a good old cheeseburger.

Had a Chili dog, which was pretty good, but I love just a good old cheeseburger.

You can lead a horse to water, but the frogs still gonna bump his butt.

• Like 1