Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
glassdogs

So, I just fired a lawn service.....

Well, SWMBO decided to do a year contract with TrueGreen lawn service. Paid in advance for the year because of a pretty significant discount from monthly billing.

Instructions were that:

1.) Call first before showing up
2.) We have show dogs, i.e., the damn gates have to be kept closed

First day...0730, the dogs are going nuts. Look out the front window and there is some yahoo spreading fertilizer. Dogs haven't been out, yet, for their morning duty call.

Three days later, I hear a leaf blower running right under my bedroom window again at 0730. I look out and there is some female wearing the TrueGreen uniform. It is raining cats and dogs. I go out and ask what she's doing? She's here to do a "mosquito treatment".

Really? It's pouring rain and you are spraying insecticide? How efficient is that? So, I ran her off. About 30 minutes later, some of the dogs are sitting at the front door barking their heads off. I look out, and one of the other dogs is sitting on the front porch. This tech had opened our side gate and left it standing wide open.

So, the wife calls True Green and complains. The CSR says she will give us a 25% discount off the next two treatments for our troubles. Really? How do you do a discount off of something that is prepaid? The CSR promises that the regional manager will give us a call within 24 hours. ( The insecticide didn't work, evidently, because the crickets are still chirping.)

So...two points here:

1.) Beware of True Green.

2.) Any recommendations for a replacement company?

It's hard to find somebody good. Just a few minutes ago I told the guy that does my lawn that I was ashamed of his appearance. And that he should be ashamed to go about in that state while in someone's front yard. It just isn't done.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired and need a shower badly. Covered in clippings and all.

# richfolkproblems

• Like 6

It's hard to find somebody good. Just a few minutes ago I told the guy that does my lawn that I was ashamed of his appearance. And that he should be ashamed to go about in that state while in someone's front yard. It just isn't done.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired and need a shower badly. Covered in clippings and all.

# richfolkproblems

LOL

# richfolkproblems

May I ask who you use?

May I ask who you use?

Meihohn Lawn Care

770-555-1492

Their motto is "A Meihohn lawn is Meihohn Sweat."

Edited by Blunt Trauma

I used TrueGreen before and fired them as well. They were to come out every two weeks and spray my yard. The guy always came while I was at work and left a slip of paper in the door saying he had been there and sprayed. Next thing I know, there are weeds all over my yard. The manager told me there wasn't. I told him to come take a look. A neighbor told me he had seen the guy pull up a couple of different times, not on the door, go back to the truck, then back to the front door and place a paper in my door before leaving. He wasn't there more than five minutes. The manager started getting all kinds of complaints from others in my subdivision. It turns out if the customer wasn't home, he did the paperwork to claim he sprayed and then would go to other subdivisions and offer them discounts if they paid in cash.

We didn’t have any luck with these big name companies either. They say they are spraying all this stuff but as far I could tell, it might as well have been water. The lawn never looked any better and it wasn’t cheap either.

Turf Masters Lawn Care...best i've ever used. I did use true green till the turf master guy came by and laughed because my true green sign was sitting next to a mess of weeds. They are fantastic. 678-363-8555 at 207 Commerce Dr in Dallas.