Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

Hiram High School Senior Arrested for Gun on Campus

Hiram High School SeniorArrested for Gun on Campus

beline.JPGAHiram HS senior, poised to graduate in a ceremony tomorrow,will instead be sitting in the Paulding County jail as hisclassmates receive their diplomas ... because of a gun hesecreted in his car.

Notice that the student may have a gun came from thisInstagram® photograph where he proudly (or stupidly)displayed the weapon in his waistband.

Authorities say there is little concern that the 18-year oldstudent was planning any kind of mass school shooting butcurrent law states that it is a felony to have a weapon onschool grounds.  The school resource officer, whomonitors the social media pages of students for hints ofwhat's going on, observed the photo.

Here is how the SO described the incident in which the BrianPerry Belin, Jr. faces felony possession of a firearm onschool grounds charges.

On Friday May 25, 2018 at approximately 9:51 AM SchoolResource Officers with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Officearrested a Hiram High School senior for possession of aweapon on school grounds. Paulding County Sheriff’s OfficeSchool Resource Officers constantly monitor social mediaoutlets looking for nefarious activity amongst students.

This morning at approximately 9:01 AM School ResourceOfficers observed a photo that had been posted on BrianPerry Belin, Jr.’s Instagram® page where he had whatappeared to be a semiautomatic pistol in his waistband.

In light of the numerous tragic incidents at our schoolsacross the country, School Resource Officers and schooladministrators wasted no time in launching an investigationinto this incident.

Belin, Jr., who was scheduled to graduate from Hiram HighSchool tomorrow morning, was removed from graduationpractice this morning and asked about the photograph and thegun by School Resource Officers and administrators.

Belin, Jr. told administrators that the gun was inside hisvehicle which was parked on campus. When administratorssearched Belin, Jr.’s vehicle, they located a loadedsemi-automatic pistol that matched the one that was picturedin the Instagram® post.

Belin, Jr. was subsequently arrested and charged with thefollowing offense: Brian Perry Belin, Jr. (B/M, 18 YOA)
 -Possession of a Weapon on SchoolGrounds (F)
School Resource Officers and administrators with thePaulding County School District are still activelyinvestigating this incident. It should be noted that we donot believe that this suspect had any intention ofconducting a school shooting at Hiram High School.

However, it is uncertain what Belin, Jr. was doing with thepistol on school grounds. It also does not appear that thephotograph was taken on school grounds either. This portionof the investigation is ongoing.

Belin, Jr. is currently being held without bond in thePaulding County Jail.

If you or your child have any information about thisincident or any other incident where school safety is inquestion, please feel free to contact the Paulding CountySheriff’s Office at (770) 443-3010 or the Paulding CountySchool District at (770) 443-8000.

Click for RECENTTOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENTTOPICS

Let him spend some time in the klink so he'll learn a lesson. It might save his life.

• Like 1

Let him spend some time in the klink so he'll learn a lesson. It might save his life.

You don't get around much. Very few good lessons are learned in prison and I suspect you would be opposed to, say, offering those convicted of a crime a college education.

Both thoughts are on this search page:

Prison is 'college of criminality' - The Clarion-Ledger
Oct 19, 2014 - Rather than deterring crime, incarceration made young offenders more likely to reoffend.
When Crime Pays: Prison Can Teach Some To Be Better Criminals ...
Feb 1, 2013 - But if prison was a "finishing school" for criminals, illegal earnings after ... they can teach you the mechanisms — ways to get away with crime.".
Mar 2, 2018 - In 2016, the Vera Institute of Justice reported that only 35 percent of state prisons provide college-level courses, and these programs only serve ...
Report: In-Prison College Programs Improve Public Health ...
collegeandcommunity.org/.../report-in-prison-college-programs-improve-public-healt...
Report: In-Prison College Programs Improve Public Health, Strengthen Families and Communities, Reduce Crime and Recidivism. viv. NEW YORK – A new ...
by AJ Miller - ‎2004 - ‎Cited by 14 - ‎Related articles
This research addresses the perceptions and degree of accuracy in information that university students have regarding some basic criminal justice issues that ...
Apr 9, 2014 - Cuomo's botched prison education effort says about our society. ... “It should be 'do the crime, do the time,' not 'do the crime, earn a degree,' ...
Opinion | Turn Prisons Into Colleges - The New York Times
Mar 6, 2018 - Imagine if prisoners sat in classrooms learning about climate science or poetry — just like college students. ... reinstating Pell Grants for incarcerated students, who lost access to federal scholarships under the 1994 crime bill.
Prison education is a smart investment, reduces crime | The Seattle ...
Oct 9, 2015 - We can free up money for our law-abiding children to go to college by stopping the cycle of building prisons instead of schools and housing ...

You don't get around much. Very few good lessons are learned in prison and I suspect you would be opposed to, say, offering those convicted of a crime a college education.

Both thoughts are on this search page:

Did I say prison? Nope.

I was referring to local jail.

If the guy doesn't experience some tough love now, he might be headed for a bad life. Liberals don't get this because they don't understand human nature.

• Like 2

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me.

It is just that I can't recall any time a cop shot a black person, particularly an unarmed black, that you didn't think the shooting was rock solid. Since t hat is essentially appointing the officer, judge and jury and endorsing the death penalty, I assumed that you would see this kid guilty of a felony and due the maximum sentence which would be jail plus prison.

Maybe I should congratulate you on your apparent new-found empathy as it certainly comes as a surprise.

pubby

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me.

It is just that I can't recall any time a cop shot a black person, particularly an unarmed black, that you didn't think the shooting was rock solid. Since t hat is essentially appointing the officer, judge and jury and endorsing the death penalty, I assumed that you would see this kid guilty of a felony and due the maximum sentence which would be jail plus prison.

Maybe I should congratulate you on your apparent new-found empathy as it certainly comes as a surprise.

pubby

I commented on purpose to see how long it would take you to ply the race card.

You're nothing if not consistent.

Not playing the race card, just pointing out that you've never expressed concern over one incident of suspected excessive force or the use of lethal weapons by police against any unarmed person of color in the past five or six years that has been 'a thing.' Rather you call out others for playing the so-called race card when your demonstrated lack of empathy is mentioned. Hell, I was just surprised at your apparent level of empathy - not that it is that great mind you but more than you've ever acknowledged before.

pubby

Not playing the race card, just pointing out that you've never expressed concern over one incident of suspected excessive force or the use of lethal weapons by police against any unarmed person of color in the past five or six years that has been 'a thing.' Rather you call out others for playing the so-called race card when your demonstrated lack of empathy is mentioned. Hell, I was just surprised at your apparent level of empathy - not that it is that great mind you but more than you've ever acknowledged before.

pubby

You're still playing the race card.

You see, pubby....I didn't see the young man as black or white, just a young man headed for trouble.

Your inner racist just came out. Not that I'm surprised.

• Like 1

You're still playing the race card.

You see, pubby....I didn't see the young man as black or white, just a young man headed for trouble.

Your inner racist just came out. Not that I'm surprised.

Tell that to the marines.

pubby

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.