#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,242 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

Hiram High School Senior Arrested for Gun on Campus

beline.JPGA Hiram HS senior, poised to graduate in a ceremony tomorrow, will instead be sitting in the Paulding County jail as his classmates receive their diplomas ... because of a gun he secreted in his car.

Notice that the student may have a gun came from this Instagram® photograph where he proudly (or stupidly) displayed the weapon in his waistband.

Authorities say there is little concern that the 18-year old student was planning any kind of mass school shooting but current law states that it is a felony to have a weapon on school grounds.  The school resource officer, who monitors the social media pages of students for hints of what's going on, observed the photo.

Here is how the SO described the incident in which the Brian Perry Belin, Jr. faces felony possession of a firearm on school grounds charges.

On Friday May 25, 2018 at approximately 9:51 AM School Resource Officers with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Hiram High School senior for possession of a weapon on school grounds. Paulding County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officers constantly monitor social media outlets looking for nefarious activity amongst students.

This morning at approximately 9:01 AM School Resource Officers observed a photo that had been posted on Brian Perry Belin, Jr.’s Instagram® page where he had what appeared to be a semiautomatic pistol in his waistband.

In light of the numerous tragic incidents at our schools across the country, School Resource Officers and school administrators wasted no time in launching an investigation into this incident.

Belin, Jr., who was scheduled to graduate from Hiram High School tomorrow morning, was removed from graduation practice this morning and asked about the photograph and the gun by School Resource Officers and administrators.

Belin, Jr. told administrators that the gun was inside his vehicle which was parked on campus. When administrators searched Belin, Jr.’s vehicle, they located a loaded semi-automatic pistol that matched the one that was pictured in the Instagram® post.

Belin, Jr. was subsequently arrested and charged with the following offense: Brian Perry Belin, Jr. (B/M, 18 YOA)
 -Possession of a Weapon on School Grounds (F)
School Resource Officers and administrators with the Paulding County School District are still actively investigating this incident. It should be noted that we do not believe that this suspect had any intention of conducting a school shooting at Hiram High School.

However, it is uncertain what Belin, Jr. was doing with the pistol on school grounds. It also does not appear that the photograph was taken on school grounds either. This portion of the investigation is ongoing.

Belin, Jr. is currently being held without bond in the Paulding County Jail.

If you or your child have any information about this incident or any other incident where school safety is in question, please feel free to contact the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office at (770) 443-3010 or the Paulding County School District at (770) 443-8000.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

Hes a good boy, youre racist, how dare you? Wheres Jesse?
  • lowrider and Captain Rhett Butler like this

#3 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Facebook/Twitter/Instagram is NOT your friend....

Edited by Captain Rhett Butler, 26 May 2018 - 06:43 PM.

I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.
(Rhett Butler speaking to Miss Scarlett)

#4 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,511 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Let him spend some time in the klink so he'll learn a lesson. It might save his life.

• lowrider likes this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

Let him spend some time in the klink so he'll learn a lesson. It might save his life.

You don't get around much. Very few good lessons are learned in prison and I suspect you would be opposed to, say, offering those convicted of a crime a college education. 

Both thoughts are on this search page:

Prison is 'college of criminality' - The Clarion-Ledger
Oct 19, 2014 - Rather than deterring crime, incarceration made young offenders more likely to reoffend.
When Crime Pays: Prison Can Teach Some To Be Better Criminals ...
Feb 1, 2013 - But if prison was a "finishing school" for criminals, illegal earnings after ... they can teach you the mechanisms — ways to get away with crime.".
Mar 2, 2018 - In 2016, the Vera Institute of Justice reported that only 35 percent of state prisons provide college-level courses, and these programs only serve ...
Report: In-Prison College Programs Improve Public Health ...
collegeandcommunity.org/.../report-in-prison-college-programs-improve-public-healt...
Report: In-Prison College Programs Improve Public Health, Strengthen Families and Communities, Reduce Crime and Recidivism. viv. NEW YORK – A new ...
by AJ Miller - ‎2004 - ‎Cited by 14 - ‎Related articles
This research addresses the perceptions and degree of accuracy in information that university students have regarding some basic criminal justice issues that ...
Apr 9, 2014 - Cuomo's botched prison education effort says about our society. ... “It should be 'do the crime, do the time,' not 'do the crime, earn a degree,' ...
Opinion | Turn Prisons Into Colleges - The New York Times
Mar 6, 2018 - Imagine if prisoners sat in classrooms learning about climate science or poetry — just like college students. ... reinstating Pell Grants for incarcerated students, who lost access to federal scholarships under the 1994 crime bill.
Prison education is a smart investment, reduces crime | The Seattle ...
Oct 9, 2015 - We can free up money for our law-abiding children to go to college by stopping the cycle of building prisons instead of schools and housing ...

#6 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,511 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

You don't get around much. Very few good lessons are learned in prison and I suspect you would be opposed to, say, offering those convicted of a crime a college education. 

Both thoughts are on this search page:

Did I say prison? Nope.

I was referring to local jail.

If the guy doesn't experience some tough love now, he might be headed for a bad life. Liberals don't get this because they don't understand human nature.

• lowrider and Greatma like this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

#7 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me.

It is just that I can't recall any time a cop shot a black person, particularly an unarmed black, that you didn't think the shooting was rock solid. Since t hat is essentially appointing the officer, judge and jury and endorsing the death penalty, I assumed that you would see this kid guilty of a felony and due the maximum sentence which would be jail plus prison. 

Maybe I should congratulate you on your apparent new-found empathy as it certainly comes as a surprise.

pubby

#8 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,511 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:06 PM

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me.

It is just that I can't recall any time a cop shot a black person, particularly an unarmed black, that you didn't think the shooting was rock solid. Since t hat is essentially appointing the officer, judge and jury and endorsing the death penalty, I assumed that you would see this kid guilty of a felony and due the maximum sentence which would be jail plus prison. 

Maybe I should congratulate you on your apparent new-found empathy as it certainly comes as a surprise.

pubby

I commented on purpose to see how long it would take you to ply the race card.

You're nothing if not consistent.

#9 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Not playing the race card, just pointing out that you've never expressed concern over one incident of suspected excessive force or the use of lethal weapons by police against any unarmed person of color in the past five or six years that has been 'a thing.'  Rather you call out others for playing the so-called race card when your demonstrated lack of empathy is mentioned.  Hell, I was just surprised at your apparent level of empathy - not that it is that great mind you but more than you've ever acknowledged before. 

pubby

#10 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,289 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

01BAA362-0BD0-44F8-8B08-EB0749797DE2.jpeg
  • mrshoward likes this

#11 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,511 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

Not playing the race card, just pointing out that you've never expressed concern over one incident of suspected excessive force or the use of lethal weapons by police against any unarmed person of color in the past five or six years that has been 'a thing.'  Rather you call out others for playing the so-called race card when your demonstrated lack of empathy is mentioned.  Hell, I was just surprised at your apparent level of empathy - not that it is that great mind you but more than you've ever acknowledged before. 

pubby

You're still playing the race card.

You see, pubby....I didn't see the young man as black or white, just a young man headed for trouble.

Your inner racist just came out.  Not that I'm surprised.

• lowrider likes this

#12 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:21 PM

You're still playing the race card.

You see, pubby....I didn't see the young man as black or white, just a young man headed for trouble.

Your inner racist just came out.  Not that I'm surprised.

Tell that to the marines.

pubby

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PCSO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics