4 replies to this topic

#1 Domestic Violence by Proxy

Domestic Violence by Proxy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

It's been a year and a trial date has not been set for Cynde Bates' alleged killer? Why has this matter been allowed to languish?

In Dick Donovan's race, Please VOTE FOR CYNDE BATES (write-in) and sign the petition.
 Let Judge Tonny S. Beavers and other politicians know the outrage will not fade.

DdV6oxiVQAAOWrY.png

*This campaign is not sanctioned by the family but if it can happen to Cynde, it can happen to anyone.

Tonny%20child%20abuse%20color%20of%20law

#2 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

I signed the petition and I will write in her name. Especially since Donavon is running UNOPPOSED just like all of the judges in this county. If you’re a lawyer and want to practice in this county you don’t dare run against a sitting judge. It’s always been this way.
  • Domestic Violence by Proxy and october like this

#3 Jamie Weaver

Jamie Weaver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

I signed as well.

- Jamie

"I have always tried to [tell the truth], but the Russians made me do it."  - Hillary Clinton

#4 Stiff

Stiff

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

I signed ☺

#5 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Misguided outrage.  Murder trials don't happen within a year of the crime anywhere in this nation except on the rarest of circumstances.  The defense is the driving force behind when a case goes to trial.  They waive the right to a speedy trial and after all the discovery hearings, motions to suppress and various other matters which take months themselves, they request time to put all these things into a presentable defense.  Judges allow it because case law is full of overturned convictions favoring the accused who had rushed defenses where the courts ignored the peril they faced.  The DA has little, many times nothing, to do with it.

There is nothing quick about a murder case and there shouldn't be, it has the harshest consequences of anything we bring before a jury.

Edited by Ugadawgs98, 20 May 2018 - 06:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics