Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

OMG They're BBQing In The Park. They Might Hurt The Children.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:52 AM

https://www.independ...e-a8349821.html

Stand your ground is for white people. If you are black, get out of town. 

Edited by The Postman, 16 May 2018 - 12:01 PM.

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#2 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

Were they indeed using a charcoal grill in a non-charcoal grill area?

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

Were they indeed using a charcoal grill in a non-charcoal grill area?

They were BBQing, in a BBQ area. Shananigans! This woman said they might hurt the children.

Don'y let your children go around the BBQ area!

"Police in Oakland attended the barbecue and questioned the family for an hour – but took no further action."

Edited by The Postman, 16 May 2018 - 12:10 PM.

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#4 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

They were using a charcoal grill in a non-designated area. Hot coals will indeed hurt people if disposed of improperly. As a matter of fact, I myself, received 2nd degree burns on my foot when I was 10 because I stepped on a pile of improperly discarded charcoal.

Why is it racist to insist that people obey the rules? Do you think that black people should be held to lower standards?
If so, why do you think that? Is it because you think they have lower intelligence?
  • Blondiega1 and Guard Dad like this

#5 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

They were using a charcoal grill in a non-designated area. Hot coals will indeed hurt people if disposed of improperly. As a matter of fact, I myself, received 2nd degree burns on my foot when I was 10 because I stepped on a pile of improperly discarded charcoal.

Why is it racist to insist that people obey the rules? Do you think that black people should be held to lower standards?
If so, why do you think that? Is it because you think they have lower intelligence?

It was too much controversy in that instance. The man who was using the charcoal had been doing it in the same place for years. It was just an oversight; not a crime. What children was the woman concerned about? There were none. 

The woman could have reported the issue, and not have caused a big scene, She had fire trucks coming by throwing up their hands, with no stop. But, there was a big 2 hour pow-wow with police. 

If you stepped on a hot charcoal, in a designated BBQ area, you got what you deserved.  

#6 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,391 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

I watched the video. This is your typical triggered snowflake who wants to control everything.

I really don’t think it was racial as it was trying to tell people what they can and cannot do.

Fortunately another white woman confronted her and she couldn’t take it. She could confront others as to what she perceived as wrong but she couldn’t take the harassment.

Typical liberal Californian.
  • The Postman, El Zorro and Guard Dad like this

#7 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:39 PM

It was too much controversy in that instance. The man who was using the charcoal had been doing it in the same place for years. It was just an oversight; not a crime. What children was the woman concerned about? There were none. 

The woman could have reported the issue, and not have caused a big scene, She had fire trucks coming by throwing up their hands, with no stop. But, there was a big 2 hour pow-wow with police. 

If you stepped on a hot charcoal, in a designated BBQ area, you got what you deserved.

So you don’t care about children being hurt? That’s sad but not surprising.
  • The Postman likes this

#8 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

Typical goody two shoes who thinks she is better than other people at the park. Probably a Republican. 

#9 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

So you don’t care about children being hurt? That’s sad but not surprising.

I had better sense than to stick my foot on hot coals not long after I learned to walk, Shananigans! I was glad to be able to learn what to do and what not to do. 

Like I said, keep your children away from BBQ areas if you're scared for them. 

#10 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:48 PM

I am going to bed now because I have to get up early but before I do, I’m going to pray for everyone who thinks setting children on fire is ok if they are republicans.

#11 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:16 AM

I am going to bed now because I have to get up early but before I do, I’m going to pray for everyone who thinks setting children on fire is ok if they are republicans.

Nobody set children on fire, in this case. No crime, at all, was committed. 

#12 Ed Head

Ed Head

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Both of those girls were bed wetters.

• The Postman likes this

#13 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:34 AM

She should patrol the aisles of the local grocery store. I’ll bet she will find some kids sitting in shopping carts where the parents are ignoring the printed seat belt instructions for kids.
  • lowrider likes this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics