Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Rottie

Tree removal

who are those guys driving around the dallas area with signs on their big trucks saying

"free tree removal 770-899-6699 or 770-895-5768" ?

legit?

Fletcher's Tree Service - 404-456-3874. Took down 2 trees in our backyard. They did a great job!!!

Just an observation. Why is this one of those services that people just don't freely discuss what they paid for it? There are others, I know that this is not an isolated thing with this subject, but it would probably do more to keep folks from getting ripped off by the few bad actors in the business than anything else we could do. Every situation is different when it comes to trees, but a brief description of the situation, what they took down and what it costs would be uber helpful.

Maybe we're all a little afraid we paid too much and don't want to admit it. But that just hurts the next guy. Like I said, just an observation, not directed anywhere.

• Like 3

Just an observation. Why is this one of those services that people just don't freely discuss what they paid for it? There are others, I know that this is not an isolated thing with this subject, but it would probably do more to keep folks from getting ripped off by the few bad actors in the business than anything else we could do. Every situation is different when it comes to trees, but a brief description of the situation, what they took down and what it costs would be uber helpful.

Maybe we're all a little afraid we paid too much and don't want to admit it. But that just hurts the next guy. Like I said, just an observation, not directed anywhere.

I agree, folks can always share through messenger if they dont want the info. on the open board.

Every time we have had tree work done I am shocked at how much it costs. Then I take into account when the tree thing goes bad, it goes really bad. For me, it’s best left to the professionals (the ones that are still around anyway.)

Seems to me it’s a backbreaking, high liability, expensive and dangerous job.

Yea, I paid $750 for the company that was already next door doing some trees to take down one of mine and that did not include hauling the wood away, I had them dump it in the back of the lot.

However, in their defense, it was over 100' tall, about 36" at the base and right on the property line next to the neighbor's garage. They topped it out at 75' and when they dropped the trunk I felt the impact inside the house when it hit the ground. They also managed to get it down without damaging the 75' Oak next to it that I really wanted to keep.

I considered it a fair sale as there was no way I would have brought it down.

Now a simple pine tree about 12' wide at the base as an add on for the guy who was already there, I only paid $200 for 10 years or so ago. (Same deal, down and cut up, no clean up)

I think the risk is a major part of the price.

If anybody has someone come in to do work on the south end of the county please say something on here. I looked up at a spot I guess I've just missed somehow and got a surprise. Right above and next to where two vehicles are parked is a stone cold dead pine tree that's got to be 65ft. tall and only 40ft from the house. Weighted towards the house with what looks to be a rotted twisted spot 7ft off the ground.

No way I'm touching this thing. But getting somebody to come for one tree is going to be impossible.

If anybody has someone come in to do work on the south end of the county please say something on here. I looked up at a spot I guess I've just missed somehow and got a surprise. Right above and next to where two vehicles are parked is a stone cold dead pine tree that's got to be 65ft. tall and only 40ft from the house. Weighted towards the house with what looks to be a rotted twisted spot 7ft off the ground.

No way I'm touching this thing. But getting somebody to come for one tree is going to be impossible.

It's near any power lines. Sometimes Power Company will cut then down if near their lines.

I'm not far from you ......

Had trees (lots of them) taken down last year - safety mostly but also for garden to get sun. Had to be very creative to get a couple of the trees down to prevent fence to be damaged or to work around power/phone lines or not to damage/hurt other trees we were trying to keep. Had this was a repeat business for him as we hired him years before as well.

Very very good company - highly recommend them.

Tree Works Unlimited

(O) 770 942-4269 © 770 363-7506

Robert Albritton

Very religious (if that matters to you, doesn't to us) but it is genuine.

Extremely safety minded, cleans up well, works hard.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

I'm not far from you ......

Had trees (lots of them) taken down last year - safety mostly but also for garden to get sun. Had to be very creative to get a couple of the trees down to prevent fence to be damaged or to work around power/phone lines or not to damage/hurt other trees we were trying to keep. Had this was a repeat business for him as we hired him years before as well.

Very very good company - highly recommend them.

Tree Works Unlimited

(O) 770 942-4269 © 770 363-7506

Robert Albritton

Very religious (if that matters to you, doesn't to us) but it is genuine.

Extremely safety minded, cleans up well, works hard.

Good Luck!

This company has been very busy up and down nebo road... thanks for the review

I called Atlanta Arbor, he came when he said he would, gave a fair price and are coming in 3-5 weeks to do the job. Thanks for the responses.