Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
billh

Political newcomer faces questions about past social media post.

It was a joke, not a funny joke, but a failed attempt to be humorous.

Don't know much about the guy, but this would not sway my vote either way.

There was a time when everybody did not take themselves so damn seriously... I miss that time.

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Not very smart in today's hypersensitive climate to use crude language like that. Especially given that his own party is throwing him under the bus, I doubt he'll go far in politics.

Sounds to me like the GOP primary for District 19 is the classic dumb and dumber contest.

pubby

Sort of like the last Democrat primary for Post 2 Commissioner?

• Like 3

Sort of like the last Democrat primary for Post 2 Commissioner?

I'm betting you read this guy's filthy statements and felt a kind of instant kinship, and thought this is my kind of guy.

• Like 1

I'm betting you read this guy's filthy statements and felt a kind of instant kinship, and thought this is my kind of guy.

As usual, you'd be wrong.

In a contest between donkey's, who are often accused of being total asses and elephants; the elephant still has the biggest ass. But even dogs ass eclipses the elephant in terms of being a big ass.

pubby

In a contest between donkey's, who are often accused of being total asses and elephants; the elephant still has the biggest ass. But even dogs ass eclipses the elephant in terms of being a big ass.

pubby

Speaking of a big ass.....have you looked in the mirror recently, Tubby? errrr. Pubby?

• Like 2

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/political-controversy-over-social-media-post

Locker room talk? I suspect he'll get whipped in the election.

That's what was said about Trump.

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy

I suspect that we will see more and more of this as the Social Media embracing millennials start getting into politics. I suspect that many of these kids and young people still don't have a good grasp that the "Internet lives forever". Heck, I'm over 50 and it took me quite a while to learn the lesson myself!

I think there will be consultants that get big bucks (if there are not already) that are experts in tracking down all the off the wall forums that someone may have posted material in that can be used against them in an election.

• Like 2

I think while neither side are angles this kind of nasty in your face vulgarness is usually something you expect from the right, conservatives/republicans and our president (whatever the hell he is ?) seem to revel in it. See any of DJT's rallies for examples.

I think while neither side are angles this kind of nasty in your face vulgarness is usually something you expect from the right, conservatives/republicans and our president (whatever the hell he is ?) seem to revel in it. See any of DJT's rallies for examples.

I love it when the Puritans pretend to clutch their pearls...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

I guess you missed all the lib women dressed up like vaginas and parading down Pennsylvania Avenue?

• Like 3

I guess you missed all the lib women dressed up like vaginas and parading down Pennsylvania Avenue?

^^^ pcoms poster boy for lowbrow vulgarity

^^^ pcoms poster boy for lowbrow vulgarity

Every time you post something, I think "he can't possibly say something more stupid than what he did the last time."

Damned if you didn't prove me wrong.

GD: "How stupid can you get?"

CC: "Hold my beer and watch this!"

• Like 1

Silly!

It's OK when Democrats do it.

• Like 2

Well they could have dressed up as giant ass holes but then everyone would have thought they were Republicans.

Edited by CitizenCain

Well they could have dressed up as giant ass holes but then everyone would have thought they were Republicans.

Pig

And nice edit.

Another political race where you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. A smart, logical business owner would not post such things. It's not a matter of being offended, it's a matter of electing someone who practices good judgement. Unfortunately this race is a toss-up between the two because neither have practiced good judgment.

• Like 1

It was a joke, not a funny joke, but a failed attempt to be humorous.

Don't know much about the guy, but this would not sway my vote either way.

There was a time when everybody did not take themselves so damn seriously... I miss that time.

:rolleyes:

I have always took people seriously, even in the 1940's. I took people seriously when they thought they were better than segregated people.

There is a third choice in the District 19 race. He's also a Libertarian, Joseph Gullett. So maybe those other two just need to slug it out.

• Like 1

There is a third choice in the District 19 race. He's also a Libertarian, Joseph Gullett. So maybe those other two just need to slug it out.

He's my choice.

• Like 1

The District 19 House seat curse:

Good, better, best, never let it rest 'till the dumb gets dumber and they elect the dumbest.

The history of Republican representatives of District 19 remind me of that childhood rhyme ...

I think it is actually the district 19 curse.

Just for historical reference:

Dumb is that Speaker Glenn Richardson did when he got caught with 'another woman'...

Dumber is what Daniel Stout did when he confessed his tryst with his mother in law

Dumbest is what we have now ... Barefoot Paulette who was air-brained on the school board, a tradition she took to the gold dome.

I think as long as the district votes Republican, it is cursed as this district has already gone from dumb, to dumber to dumbest. It is destiny.

pubby

Another political race where you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. A smart, logical business owner would not post such things. It's not a matter of being offended, it's a matter of electing someone who practices good judgement. Unfortunately this race is a toss-up between the two because neither have practiced good judgment.

092b1803fcbe2b22f95acc4e80a44847_400x400

• Like 1

I would wager that if you're anywhere on social media or a discussion board like this, there is something, somewhere, that is going to be used against you in the political arena. Its just part of the game. Now is it overwhelming important to the debate or positions, it depends, but in this case, no. Does it speak to one's character, perhaps, but it can also just be a dumb statement made on the internet that will never go away. We can forgive men for there past indiscretions, but were pretty damn pissy over off the cuff statements. If I was in the district, I would just take it with a grain of salt. If the guy continues to display a lack of etiquette when in office, boot his ass out. Hopefully he has thoroughly washed it .

- Jamie

Edited by Jamie Weaver

I would wager that if you're anywhere on social media or a discussion board like this, there is something, somewhere, that is going to be used against you in the political arena. Its just part of the game. Now is it overwhelming important to the debate or positions, it depends, but in this case, no. Does it speak to one's character, perhaps, but it can also just be a dumb statement made on the internet that will never go away. We can forgive men for there past indiscretions, but were pretty damn pissy over off the cuff statements. If I was in the district, I would just take it with a grain of salt. If the guy continues to display a lack of etiquette when in office, boot his ass out. Hopefully he has thoroughly washed it .

- Jamie

Would you hire him to do PR for your business?

pubby

Would you hire him to do PR for your business?

pubby

Why don't you give him a try? he couldn't do a worse job than what you have now. :fool: :crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

That makes no sense, dogs.

Hell, I don't pay you a thing and you're on here doing PR all the time. He's offered the same deal as you. He can come on and post what he wants for free and when it is too absurd, asinine or offensive, we'll hide the tripe. Fact is, given his comments it would have been quite beneficial had he been 'moderated.'

Oh, and I figure he's not the dumbest so he hasn't got a chance of getting elected because, well, we all know being the dumbest is the only way to win the district 19 seat.

pubby

Pubby, why don't you dig a little into the two idiots who are running for the Democrats in this district? Both of them moved to Paulding in the last few months, just so they could run for this seat. One is from Smyrna, where he has failed to get elected to the State Senate, recently. The other is from Powder Springs, where she got disqualified from running for Mayor, because she bounced her qualification check. Those who live in glass houses.......

Also, Gullet is a decent guy, but wasn't he the past Chairman of the Paulding GOP? Hardly a Libertarian.

It's political season. I just stopped by to see what I have been missing at PCOM. Obviously, nothing has changed. Pubby is still the smartest guy in the room. Just ask him.

Pubby, why don't you dig a little into the two idiots who are running for the Democrats in this district? Both of them moved to Paulding in the last few months, just so they could run for this seat. One is from Smyrna, where he has failed to get elected to the State Senate, recently. The other is from Powder Springs, where she got disqualified from running for Mayor, because she bounced her qualification check. Those who live in glass houses.......

Also, Gullet is a decent guy, but wasn't he the past Chairman of the Paulding GOP? Hardly a Libertarian.

It's political season. I just stopped by to see what I have been missing at PCOM. Obviously, nothing has changed. Pubby is still the smartest guy in the room. Just ask him.

Yeah...he's a Galloway disciple/puppet.

• Like 1

And if we have learned anything from our sharp as a tac city council or our illustrious mayor the best and the brightest were born and raised right here in Paulding county.

• Like 1