Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

Another school shooting.

How many laws do y'all need? How many of the school shooters legally owned guns or could even legally buy guns?

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/

Because you know the only thing that works is more laws. :crazy:

The right is pretty adept at tearing down the ideas of other but what is the solution being offered?

Should we force gun owners to purchase insurance? Should gun owners and sellers be tried for negligence and imprisoned as accessories to any crime committed by someone in possession of a gun illegally or unethically?

Secure schools...

But protecting children is not really the goal here is it ? ? ?

8)

Secure schools how? Right here in Paulding, there is no money for books because everyone whines about taxes.

The problem is not guns - it's culture. GD and others have already identified one of the most significant problem in this country are the number of single-parent households in this country. Most kids today do not receive the discipline and parenting they should. The entertainment industry to include video games glorify violence and desensitizes people to violence.

• Like 1

The problem is not guns - it's culture. GD and others have already identified one of the most significant problem in this country are the number of single-parent households in this country. Most kids today do not receive the discipline and parenting they should. The entertainment industry to include video games glorify violence and desensitizes people to violence.

Sounds like a crock of sheeze to me but what changes do you propose and how do you propose to implement them?

Does this mean you disagree with mrshoward? Securing schools is not a practical or realistic solution?

Aren't you of the "law and order" crowd? Should anyone that does not take reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of real threats be held liable for any carnage? Should they be imprisoned for their negligence?

• Like 1

Sounds like a crock of cheeze to me but what changes do you propose and how do you propose to implement them?

Does this mean you disagree with mrshoward? Securing schools is not a practical or realistic solution?

Aren't you of the "law and order" crowd? Should anyone that does not take reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of real threats be held liable for any carnage? Should they be imprisoned for their negligence?

So you are of the belief that culture in this country is not the problem resulting in the rise of violence?

Should anyone that does not take reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of real threats be held liable for any carnage? Should they be imprisoned for their negligence?

What do you define as "reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of real threats"?

Exactly

So you are of the belief that culture in this country is not the problem resulting in the rise of violence?

When you ask questions to answer questions, is that your method of deflection because you really are talking out of your ass and have no idea how else to respond? Why not humble yourself and say you don't know the answer?

What do you define as "reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of real threats"?

Whatever answer I give you will be unreasonable to you so why don't you answer your own question and we go from there.

Edited by COWA

When you ask questions to answer questions, is that your method of deflection because you really are talking out of your ass and have no idea how else to respond? Why not say you don't know the answer ans stfu.

Whatever answer I give you will be unreasonable to you so why don't you answer your own question and we go from there.

Were you looking at yourself in the mirror when you wrote that?

• Like 1

So how does one go about changing the culture of 300 million people ? Forced marriages ? Outlawing divorce ? Taking children from single parents ? State approved movie and video games ? Prison sentences for anyone accused of a mental illness ? Maybe mandatory re education and indoctrination camps is the answer. That sounds so much simpler than changing any gun laws like universal background checks,closing the gun show loophole and gun registration.

• Like 2

Were you looking at yourself in the mirror when you wrote that?

Another one from the right with no ideas on a solution or how to implement one. Ask the right for a solution and they come up with circular questions to deflect. The damn crickets in here are deafening.

e9c0e07ead1f888b917334abe3cbdeaa.jpg

• Like 1

When you ask questions to answer questions, is that your method of deflection because you really are talking out of your ass and have no idea how else to respond? Why not humble yourself and say you don't know the answer?

Apparently, whatever answer I give you will be unreasonable to you as it appears you really don't want to address or admit to the root problem of violence in this country. You would much rather believe a simple solution to violence would be to ban gun ownership.

Apparently, whatever answer I give you will be unreasonable to you as it appears you really don't want to address or admit to the root problem of violence in this country. You would much rather believe a simple solution to violence would be to ban gun ownership.

So you don't have any solutions? Why are you flapping your gums and tapping keystrokes? I've never once told you we should ban gun ownership. So not only don't you know your own position, you don't know mine.

In fact, you don't have a solution because it wasn't handed to you yet. Foxmeister likes to read the talking points somewhere and then regurgitate them here without ever providing a link in the hopes that someone would actually think he thought up the position on his own.

Another one from the right with no ideas on a solution or how to implement one. Ask the right for a solution and they come up with circular questions to deflect. The damn crickets in here are deafening.

e9c0e07ead1f888b917334abe3cbdeaa.jpg

And you are so dumb that you don't know a cricket from a grasshopper.

When all the brilliant legislators and regulators have created 22,000 rules, laws, regulations about gun ownership that haven't "worked" in your opinion, you are just SURE that one more law will make the difference.

Just "maybe" had the FBI not been so involved in the witch hunt about Trump and Russia and actually done their job in Miami, the latest shooting could have been averted by enforcing the laws already on the books.

• Like 2

So how does one go about changing the culture of 300 million people ? Forced marriages ? Outlawing divorce ? Taking children from single parents ? State approved movie and video games ? Prison sentences for anyone accused of a mental illness ? Maybe mandatory re education and indoctrination camps is the answer. That sounds so much simpler than changing any gun laws like universal background checks,closing the gun show loophole and gun registration.

I believe that the first step is for those in the discussion to avoid running directly to their respective political corners and realize that this issue affects us all.

• Changing culture isn't as difficult as it seems. It is literally happening everyday right in front of you. Education and media is typically the best driver of cultural/social changes. They have been primary weapon in our culture war for as long as there has been public education. It doesn't change overnight. (For example, Views on homosexuals)
  • With respect to marriage, simply stop glorifying and incentivizing single parent households. The science is there to demonstrate that society is better off when we are family oriented. Poverty, education, violence, mental health are all impacted by the family.
  • State approved media is never the answer. Societal figure heads should return to shaming Hollywood as well as the gaming industry for producing films/games that are irresponsible. Censorship, no, but a critical dialogue of the irresponsible glorification of violence. Anyone remember the outcry over the gratuitous violence in Natural Born Killers? Once that line was crossed and accepted, the industry became even more violent and we don't hear the objections anymore.
  • I believe that, with respect to mental illness and mass shootings, family, friends, caregivers should be provided with a means of not necessarily locking someone up, but placing some type of restraining order or evaluation period on the individual for a mental assessment. I don't like the idea of jailing the mentally ill, because mental Illness is already dealt with in the prison system. If anything, our jails have replaced the mental institution of the past. We lock the them away, but they do not receive the help that they would have received in a medical facility and they are thrown back on the streets due to over crowding. We need to revisit reopening the mental institutions.
  • Universal background checks - I have no problem with a universal background check. I don't see it actually impacting the criminals in our society to any significant degree. With that said, we need to penalize known felons for attempting to purchase firearms. Right now there are tens of thousands of felons attempting to purchase firearms are we're only prosecuting .06% to .20% of them for lying on a federal form. Devin Kelley shouldn't have been able to purchase a firearm given his military record. Prosecuting non-eligible purchasers may have been a deterrent since the background check was not.
  • Like 3

And you are so dumb that you don't know a cricket from a grasshopper.

When all the brilliant legislators and regulators have created 22,000 rules, laws, regulations about gun ownership that haven't "worked" in your opinion, you are just SURE that one more law will make the difference.

Just "maybe" had the FBI not been so involved in the witch hunt about Trump and Russia and actually done their job in Miami, the latest shooting could have been averted by enforcing the laws already on the books.

Like everyone else on the right you put up a strawman's argument. Then you whine and moan but other than that you've got nothing.

I believe that the first step is for those in the discussion to avoid running directly to their respective political corners and realize that this issue affects us all.

• Changing culture isn't as difficult as it seems. It is literally happening everyday right in front of you. Education and media is typically the best driver of cultural/social changes. They have been primary weapon in our culture war for as long as there has been public education. It doesn't change overnight. (For example, Views on homosexuals)
  • With respect to marriage, simply stop glorifying and incentivizing single parent households. The science is there to demonstrate that society is better off when we are family oriented. Poverty, education, violence, mental health are all impacted by the family.
  • State approved media is never the answer. Societal figure heads should return to shaming Hollywood as well as the gaming industry for producing films/games that are irresponsible. Censorship, no, but a critical dialogue of the irresponsible glorification of violence. Anyone remember the outcry over the gratuitous violence in Natural Born Killers? Once that line was crossed and accepted, the industry became even more violent and we don't hear the objections anymore.
  • I believe that, with respect to mental illness and mass shootings, family, friends, caregivers should be provided with a means of not necessarily locking someone up, but placing some type of restraining order or evaluation period on the individual for a mental assessment. I don't like the idea of jailing the mentally ill, because mental Illness is already dealt with in the prison system. If anything, our jails have replaced the mental institution of the past. We lock the them away, but they do not receive the help that they would have received in a medical facility and they are thrown back on the streets due to over crowding. We need to revisit reopening the mental institutions.
  • Universal background checks - I have no problem with a universal background check. I don't see it actually impacting the criminals in our society to any significant degree. With that said, we need to penalize known felons for attempting to purchase firearms. Right now there are tens of thousands of felons attempting to purchase firearms are we're only prosecuting .06% to .20% of them for lying on a federal form. Devin Kelley shouldn't have been able to purchase a firearm given his military record. Prosecuting non-eligible purchasers may have been a deterrent since the background check was not.

That's just it, I haven't run to my "respective political corner". I've asked the complainers to stop complaining and offer a solution of their own. Thus far they have nothing. Changing the culture will take at least a generation, if a perfect mode to do so were implemented. While all of this time passes implement a decades long strategy, how many more children will be sacrificed?

Should those who make such weapons available be subject to any form of accountability? If an assault type weapon is left unsecured and is used to carryout illegal activities, should the owner be held criminally liable? If such weapons are sold improperly or unethically, should the seller be held liable civilly and criminally?

Like everyone else on the right you put up a strawman's argument. Then you whine and moan but other than that you've got nothing.

Strawman?

Pointing out that the existing laws and regulations aren't being enforced is strawman? I'm not complaining about anything, nor have I proposed any "new" ideas. The very fact that the looney left wants MORE regulations is enough to convince me what we have is adequate. Because, there are NEVER enough laws to suit those lame-brains.

When you get it through your thick skull that you can't legislate morality, get back to us.

I'm so proud of these young men and young women who are insisting on change. I have all the faith in them.

Not so young... From WaPo: only about 10% of March for Our Lives protesters were younger than 18. For those older than 18, the average age was 49.

Should those who make such weapons available be subject to any form of accountability? If an assault type weapon is left unsecured and is used to carryout illegal activities, should the owner be held criminally liable? If such weapons are sold improperly or unethically, should the seller be held liable civilly and criminally?

Of course not. If someone steals your car and beer, drinks the beer, and slams the car into someone else killing them, should you be held responsible?

That's just it, I haven't run to my "respective political corner". I've asked the complainers to stop complaining and offer a solution of their own. Thus far they have nothing. Changing the culture will take at least a generation, if a perfect mode to do so were implemented. While all of this time passes implement a decades long strategy, how many more children will be sacrificed?

A cultural change regarding violence is completely necessary. You ask how many more children will be sacrificed, but clarification is needed. What changes are being offered to stop children from dying?

Should those who make such weapons available be subject to any form of accountability? Accountability should follow where direct responsibility or negligence can be proven. For example, gun manufacturers and the tobacco industry's liability to consumers is apples to oranges.

If an assault weapon is left unsecured and is used illegally, should the owner be held liable? I will probably split with some on this one, but if the owner cannot demonstrate that they made a reasonable attempt to secure a firearm, then I would say there needs to be some repercussions. There is a reason why we demand secure storage of firearms, explosives, etc., from businesses.....The same rationale should apply to gun owners.

If such weapons are sold improperly or unethically, should the seller be held liable civilly or criminally? I believe they already are?

- Jamie

• Like 1

Not so young... From WaPo: only about 10% of March for Our Lives protesters were younger than 18. For those older than 18, the average age was 49.

Don't let pesky facts stand in the way of propaganda.

• Like 2

Good that means they can vote.

• Like 1

Not so young... From WaPo: only about 10% of March for Our Lives protesters were younger than 18. For those older than 18, the average age was 49.[/size]

So in fact the majority were voting age Americans who pay taxes? Not just teenagers who really have no say (according to some anyway) in their countries politics?

That’s even better news.

• Like 1

Of course not. If someone steals your car and beer, drinks the beer, and slams the car into someone else killing them, should you be held responsible?

If tobacco is apples and oranges, so is this.

So in other words, you have no earthly idea how to secure the schools you just spit talking points.

Strawman?

Pointing out that the existing laws and regulations aren't being enforced is strawman? I'm not complaining about anything, nor have I proposed any "new" ideas. The very fact that the looney left wants MORE regulations is enough to convince me what we have is adequate. Because, there are NEVER enough laws to suit those lame-brains.

When you get it through your thick skull that you can't legislate morality, get back to us.

I didn't ask you to regurgitate the same old talking points and try to tell me what my position was and argue against what you perceived it to be. I asked for solutions.

A cultural change regarding violence is completely necessary.

- Jamie

I'm all for it,how long do you think it will take it's been over a hundred and fifty years and some southerners are still trying to fight the Civil War.

Let's hope the plan works out better than this one did.

JUST SAY NO.

giphy.gif

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

A cultural change regarding violence is completely necessary. You ask how many more children will be sacrificed, but clarification is needed. What changes are being offered to stop children from dying?

Should those who make such weapons available be subject to any form of accountability? Accountability should follow where direct responsibility or negligence can be proven. For example, gun manufacturers and the tobacco industry's liability to consumers is apples to oranges.

If an assault weapon is left unsecured and is used illegally, should the owner be held liable? I will probably split with some on this one, but if the owner cannot demonstrate that they made a reasonable attempt to secure a firearm, then I would say there needs to be some repercussions. There is a reason why we demand secure storage of firearms, explosives, etc., from businesses.....The same rationale should apply to gun owners.

If such weapons are sold improperly or unethically, should the seller be held liable civilly or criminally? I believe they already are?

- Jamie

A cultural change is needed but that change is not only subjective, it will take decades to accomplish. It's part of the solution but it will not garner immediate results. In the interim, kids keep dying.

I agree, if you leave guns/weapons of any kind where they can fall into the wrong hands, you should be held liable civilly and criminally. Start locking people up that contribute to the causes and the number of contributors will be reduced in more ways than one.

Should gun owners be required to obtain insurance?

I think anyone that purchases a gun whether it's at a gun store.gun show or private sale should have a concealed carry permit. A car dealership will not sell you a car without you having a license and proof of insurance, buying a gun shouldn't be any different. Instant background checks are a joke.

I think anyone that purchases a gun whether it's at a gun store.gun show or private sale should have a concealed carry permit. A car dealership will not sell you a car without you having a license and proof of insurance, buying a gun shouldn't be any different. Instant background checks are a joke.

Nothing would have prevented Mateen or Cruz from obtaining a CC permit...

8)

A car dealership will not sell you a car without you having a license and proof of insurance.

Not true. You don't need a license or insurance if you intend to drive the car only on your own property.

Seems to me that it would be common sense that there were more adults than children present at the march.

Right- Kids suddenly have the funds for transportation and hotel accommodations?

8)

You must be 21 to get a CC permit in Florida, Cruz was 19.

Mateen had been on the terrorist watch list however Republicans believe they should be able to buy all the weapons their hearts desire, that needs to stop.

Edited by CitizenCain

8)

Yep, still no suggestions from mrshoward who had the brilliant idea of securing the schools but no idea how to fund this. :fool:

Not true. You don't need a license or insurance if you intend to drive the car only on your own property.

Finally, a light moment. :)

I literally LOLed

I'm confused....why is what I posted funny?

Why does a baby laugh when you make silly faces?

I'm confused....why is what I posted funny?

Why does a baby laugh when you make silly faces?

‘Nuff said.