7 replies to this topic

#1 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

The fake caller ID problem has been going on for a few years.   Now the FCC officially recognizes the problem.   It will probably take them 2 more years to finally make it illegal / start putting people in jail......

https://www.acainter...-authentication

#2 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

About freaking time.   The most obnoxious are those that send me my own number in the caller ID.  I look at it and think "hey, I know that number" and pick up before my brain makes the connection.   SOB's should be shot.    I'm glad the FCC committee has finally figured out that doing this makes the whole Caller ID thing useless.

Glad they are not involved in my health care with that decision loop timing.... oh wait...

• The Postman likes this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#3 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,368 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Good. I'm thinking it might take a lot of hands on this issue to make it right so who knows how long it will take to see a difference.
  • The Sound Guy and Brian like this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#4 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

I've added our phone numbers (home phone, his cell and mine)to the Federal Do Not Call List many times. It ain't working. I try to now let any number I don't recognize just be answered by voicemail. If it's important (usually not) whomever will leave a message. When they started using my area code and phone prefix I would answer. No longer.
  • elliesgranny, The Sound Guy, Blondiega1 and 2 others like this

#5 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

The fake caller ID problem has been going on for a few years.   Now the FCC officially recognizes the problem.   It will probably take them 2 more years to finally make it illegal / start putting people in jail......https://www.acainter...-authentication

I hope they can do something ..just this morning alone I have had 3 calls from these callers and it’s just noon...every day off and on all day they call,in my humble opinion that’s harassment

#6 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:03 AM

I block those calls on my cell so they can't call me again, but they have so many different numbers it's impossible to stop. I don't care if you can lower my credit card interest rate, I pushed option 2 to be removed from your call list, I've hit option 1 and asked the person to remove me from your call list (only to get hung up on every time), I've ignored your calls, but you keep calling me. STOP IT!!!

#7 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:48 AM

I block those calls on my cell so they can't call me again, but they have so many different numbers it's impossible to stop. I don't care if you can lower my credit card interest rate, I pushed option 2 to be removed from your call list, I've hit option 1 and asked the person to remove me from your call list (only to get hung up on every time), I've ignored your calls, but you keep calling me. STOP IT!!!

. I have blocked over 80 some numbers on my cell and ignore the ones on landline but they never give up! One from the federal revenue called the other day ..I ask them was they going to arrest us for some tax fraud...they hung up on me. And I’m not against anyone try to make a living but why can’t they get areal job?

#8 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

. I have blocked over 80 some numbers on my cell and ignore the ones on landline but they never give up! One from the federal revenue called the other day ..I ask them was they going to arrest us for some tax fraud...they hung up on me. And I’m not against anyone try to make a living but why can’t they get areal job?

We had that one too, from the "IRS". The IRS will not call you. They wanted my husband to meet "them" at our bank and hand over $5,ooo. The IRS does not work that way. Husband was in a panic, I was at work and I told husband to tell them that I work for a tax attorney, which is very true.

Phone went dead on their end.
  • The Sound Guy and OSU like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics