9 replies to this topic

#1 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:19 PM

Rush said he had recently returned from working a 13-hour shift at the Cracker Barrel on Tunnel Road and was leaving a store when he was approached by police.

He is confronted by Verino Ruggiero, then an officer in training. Ruggiero says in the video he had warned Rush about jaywalking.

"All I’m trying to do is go home, man. I‘m tired. I just got off work," Rush replies.

Ruggiero says, "I've got two options: I can either arrest you or write you a ticket."

"It doesn't matter to me, man," Rush says. "Do what you have got to do, besides keep harassing me."

When Rush curses in exasperation, Hickman tells him to put his hands behind his back.

Rush then runs. As he chases him, Hickman can be heard saying, "You are going to get (expletive) up hardcore," and pulls out a stun gun.

Rush told the Citizen Times he then stopped. In the video, Hickman and at least one other officer are seen pushing Rush to the ground.

After the encounter, Rush said he was taken to the hospital and while there said Hickman was abusive to him and used a racial slur.

636554358805623762-JohnnieRush-0003.JPG

https://www.citizen-...sing/382646002/

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#2 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

Let's not lose sight of the fact that in spite of the  millions of videos that might suggest otherwise our police officers are all dedicated people whose sole motivation is our well being.   :rofl:

• Domestic Violence by Proxy likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

Let's not lose sight of the fact that in spite of the  millions of videos that might suggest otherwise our police officers are all dedicated people whose sole motivation is our well being.   :rofl:

Good Old Boys are different from just boys, CC! Police would never do a good old boy like this, even if he was drunk walking, and was cursing them out. This man is a "hay boy," not a "good old boy."

"Hay boy," I see there is no traffic on the street, but it's against the law. I don't care how tired you are from working 13 hours straight.  :pardon:

Edited by The Postman, 08 March 2018 - 08:42 PM.

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#4 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

He did not get tackled because he jay walked, even though apparently he had already been warned. He got tackled because he ran that "pie hole" and eluded officers. Don't ask for an ass kicking and you probably won't get one. By the way by jay walking was he impeding traffic or causing a possible pedestrian accident? If he had of been hit illegally walking in the street the uproar from the activists would be deafening. Some one could lose their job (commercial vehicle) or be charged with vehicular homicide because ass hat did not have to follow the laws everyone else does. Put a little Neosporin on it and go on.
  • El Zorro, cptlo306, justagirl and 1 other like this

#5 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

He did not get tackled because he jay walked, even though apparently he had already been warned. He got tackled because he ran that "pie hole" and eluded officers. Don't ask for an ass kicking and you probably won't get one. By the way by jay walking was he impeding traffic or causing a possible pedestrian accident? If he had of been hit illegally walking in the street the uproar from the activists would be deafening. Some one could lose their job (commercial vehicle) or be charged with vehicular homicide because ass hat did not have to follow the laws everyone else does. Put a little Neosporin on it and go on.

There's a crosswalk just down my street, but I don't go way down there to cross the street. I expect not to be bothered if I want to cross my street just to get to the other side. I do it all the time. Cops have seen me do it, but they would do the same thing I do. An unnecessary 1/4 mile walk is out of the question. Of course, I'm a white man. If I was black, while walking, it would be different,

Walking while black will get you a face job. 

Edited by The Postman, 10 March 2018 - 11:20 AM.

#6 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

He was stopped and harassed because "law enforcement" had nothing better to do and were bored. So why not beat some azz and cost tax payers a $100,000 or more?

After a laundry list of excuses, none of which occured, impeding what traffic? The guy was walking home and these predatory officers saw an easy target. Now if he had been some guy shooting up teenagers at a high school they'd probably be ducking down checking the tire pressure on their vehicles.

• The Postman likes this
"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."- Deuteronomy 15:11

#7 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

If I'm crossing a street where there is no traffic, even if there is a crosswalk a quarter mile down the street, I cross the street regardless. If I am tired, after working a 13-hour shift, just give me a fugging ticket. I'll deal with the consequences later. Don't aggravate me with a bunch of your details about what I should or should not do. If I get in your way walk around me. If I'm too tired to walk down to the crosswalk, I'm damn sure too tired to be harassed.    

• COWA likes this

#8 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

The cop has resigned and is facing disciplinary actions. Not for nothing. I get the reason people defend cops, in many cases it is warranted. I don't get why anyone, especially libertarians would be ok with this overreach. And let us not forget that the person in this thread who is cool with it is also friends with the guy who owns an openly racist restaurant. Always consider the source.
  • The Postman, CitizenCain and Domestic Violence by Proxy like this
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#9 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

Apparently the DA and the FBI don't feel giving 'ass kickings' is part of a policeman's duty's.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=53621568

• The Postman likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#10 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

Apparently the DA and the FBI don't feel giving 'ass kickings' is part of a policeman's duty's.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=53621568

It's believed there are not enough cops to enforce the law, CC, but there are more cops than cars on the street in this video. J-walking is a serious offense in Texas. I suppose, though, it's walking while black that warrants the face brusing. 

How dangerous was the traffic situation in this video? 

Edited by The Postman, 11 March 2018 - 01:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics