9 replies to this topic

#1 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

I know somebody got fooled into planting something they shouldn't have with the false spring. Come on. Tell the truth.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#2 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,916 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

I planted Panzies, but they are doing fine! 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#3 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

Cover them with clear plastic, and they will be fine.

#4 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Nope, not this year.  Even the pansies I planted in the fall are still alive.  One bunch has more flowers than the other but still alive and flowering just the same.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#5 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

Nope.  Matter of fact, I asked our landscaper to hold off till mid April to bring in new plants for the spring.

We always have 1 -2 more cold snaps before Spring really takes hold.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#6 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

Planted onions and potatoes. Those two do good with this weather.

• Brian likes this

#7 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,448 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Planted onions and potatoes. Those two do good with this weather.

same here with garlic last fall, both love this weather.  might start up some spinach soon.  chives on deck are thriving but have brought them in the last couple of nights.

tomatoes and peppers started inside with the heat lamps which are doing good too.

Edited by CreativeOne, 12 March 2018 - 02:25 PM.

• Brian and october like this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#8 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

I remember back in the stone age when I was a little girl living in TN, I was told by a wise older woman to never plant, or start your garden until Good Friday. Of course, Good Friday and Easter never fall on the same days every year. I would guess maybe after this week would be a good time for cooler weather plants, not the warm weather tender ones.

March 13th 1993 - blizzard, big time.
  • The Postman and The Sound Guy like this

#9 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:01 AM

Yep. Twenty five years ago today was the start of one cold, miserable week...back then Braswell was so sparsely populated that neither Georgia Power nor the county considered it a priority to restore power or clear the road.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#10 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

same here with garlic last fall, both love this weather.  might start up some spinach soon.  chives on deck are thriving but have brought them in the last couple of nights.

tomatoes and peppers started inside with the heat lamps which are doing good too.

I'm so envious of y'all who garden. I wish I had it in me to do.

I can kill kudzu. It's a talent.

• The Sound Guy likes this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics